Can't get PtokaX service working!!!

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Can't get PtokaX service working!!!

Started by DemoN91, 22 July, 2008, 09:03:10

Previous topic - Next topic

DemoN91

Hi all! I having strange problem. I was using ptokax 0.3.5.2 but it was pretty slow and I decided to change version to a newer one. And also I heard that ptokax console version is much more stable then those with GUI. Ive downloaded PtokaX 0.4.1.1 for 64 bit systems (I'm having win vista ultimate 64 bit)  and installed ptokax service. But soon I realized one thing - to change hub settings I should turn service off. And after I turned off service to make changes I wasn't able to turn it on again and i don't know why!  ??? When Im trying to turn it on manually it says that this service was turned on and then turned off mb coz its not being used by programs or some kind of stuff... Wtf?? When Im trying to install service again service installer says

*** Starting setup...
*** Checking current PtokaX state...installed
*** Installing service...success!
*** Checking hubaddress...done.
*** Setting up hub address and port...file exists,skipped.
*** Registering account...file exists,skipped.
*** Setup complete!

*** Attempting to start PtokaX...failed. Please try to start the service manually. You may close this wizard
:-[ :-[ :-[

Im also tried to run it from console its no use too:

C:\p>ptokax.exe
Server start failed!

Any advice??? Thanx!

CrazyGuy

Unregister the current service you have installed. (in console PtokaX -u <service name> i believe (check the readme))

Quote*** Setting up hub address and port...file exists,skipped.

You also state that you manually edited the config files. When you then restarted the service, it stopped again by itself.
This means you probably made a mistake while editing the config files and they are now corrupt.
Either delete the cfg folder, or specify a different config folder in the Installer and it will create new files.

Instead of manually editing xml files, I'd recommend you'd use a script to change hub settings during runtime.
Both Mutor and I have written a script that allows you to change any setting you want while having the hub running.
You can find those scripts on this board  :)

DemoN91

ok tnx. Everything is FINE now! =) But man can u give me a link or at least name of script? I cant find it >.< Thanx!=)

Ive FOUND IT!!! ))) But I cant get it work :( Ptokax says that its working but i cant see any menus... What's wrong???  :o

CrazyGuy

If you downloaded PX-Setup, which i wrote, you will only have 1 command : !setup.
Mutors script, has UserCommands for each setting.
But I see you already mentioned it in his post :)

DemoN91

Where i can get ur script? !setup command is not working in Mutor's...  ??? ::)

CrazyGuy

Quote from: DemoN91 on 22 July, 2008, 21:15:20
Where i can get ur script? !setup command is not working in Mutor's...  ??? ::)

My script is called PX-Setup. You can find that in the Finished Scripts section on this board.

DemoN91

Ok guyz thanx for great help! I appreciate it  ;) But can u tell me one more thing? How can I turn off perm ban after 3x wrong passwords? Or make perm ban temporary and increase number of wrong password entires to 5 for example? Thanx!  ::)

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: DemoN91 on 23 July, 2008, 23:35:09
Ok guyz thanx for great help! I appreciate it  ;) But can u tell me one more thing? How can I turn off perm ban after 3x wrong passwords? Or make perm ban temporary and increase number of wrong password entires to 5 for example? Thanx!  ::)

It's in Advanced/Advanced security in the GUI (the Password protection section). IMHO you can run the GUI in 32-bit mode to change settings, then you can feed that file to the console version.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

CrazyGuy

Quote from: DemoN91 on 23 July, 2008, 23:35:09

Both Mutors and my script give you the option to change that value.
Regarding my script, it will be in part 3) Full Setup.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk