Registration

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Registration

Started by Annie, 18 March, 2008, 14:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Hi i got a little problem   its probably me but unreg can reg in the hub is there an option just to turn that off, and my next problem is   when i turn off enable regme and try to reg a user they come back in as unreg, but in the register log it shows them with a ! in front of their name but if i turn that setting back on unreg can reg themselves.  Has anyone else had this problem, if you have can you let me know if you fixed it and how you did it  thanks :D

Rincewind

Hi Annie,

You did find the correct setting in GUI for stopping users reging themselves. The only way the username typed should not match the one actually registered is if you have something in the Prefix box as this will be prefixed to the typed username.

I haven't heard of this before but take a look at the Prefix box and let me know what you see and I'll do what I can to help further

Annie

Yes i put a ! in the prefix box in settings  thought i could change it,  so i take it i shouldnt have then LOL ill change it back now  thanks :D

and if i can keep that setting unticked reg shouldnt be able to reg  so that will work.  Thank you for answering :D

I took it out and left that box blank and it works great now  thanks :D

Rincewind

That prefix box is not for the command prefix (this you maintain in the Settings ~ General form) but for assigning a prefix to users who reg. So you'd use that if you wanted everyone in your hub to have a prefix of, for example, [DDN].

Pleased you're sorted  :)

Annie

Hiya its me again,  I keep getting an error when i do this on the right click,  security, ptotak settings, hub stuff and click on Hub Ip Address.  This is the error i get > ?:0: attempt to call field 'GetHubIp' (a nil value),    everything else is working great  except for that :)

Rincewind

That's a bug  :-[

It should be GetHubIP.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll correct it for the next version (which I will be starting work on soon).

Annie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk