merge registered users xml

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

merge registered users xml

Started by achiever, 20 May, 2007, 11:32:49

Previous topic - Next topic

achiever

hi,

i m need of a script which could merge two registered users xml file as, i redirect non-registered users to other hub to get themselves regged. and also i have regged some users in the main hub so now i need to merge the 2 xmls files with all the users (common and uncommon) in both the xml files.

so can some 1 plzz make 1 such script?

thks,
achiever.
thks,
achiever.

Tw?sT?d-d?v

Would be quicker to open the 2 files up in notepad and copy and paste the extra 1s over .

achiever

but i will have to search for the extra names and it would surely be a difficult task to campare so many names.
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

There is a program called WinMerge. It compares two files.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

achiever

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 20 May, 2007, 15:40:34
There is a program called WinMerge. It compares two files.
a effective tool
but it also changes the pass of users if it has been changed by him back again to old 1's :( , had to do a lot of work to get this done.

is there some other method to just add the details of new nicks and not change ne other part to both xmls?

thks,
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

I think reglists can only be sync'd if one hub connects to another as a client.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

achiever

thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

It can be scripted with luasockets.

achiever

can simple script not be made to compare the two xmls and add the nick absent from either?
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: achiever on 21 May, 2007, 15:42:49
can simple script not be made to compare the two xmls and add the nick absent from either?

That requires a lua module too. Synchronizing via PtokaX is easier and no hubrestart is needed after synchronization as well.

achiever

plzz xplain how should i go on doing this?
thks,
achiever.

Tw?sT?d-d?v

I still say opening the 2 XML's up and copy and pasting would have been easyer ... I ve done this before ..
Backup both copys up 1st ... open to 2 files up in notepad(or whatever you use) copy and paste all nicks into the other ..
When you then start hub up, you shud get popup saying duplicate user reg'd with option to delete ( or somethin along them lines )..
Takes about 30 - 60 secs depending on how many users are reg'd

bastya_elvtars

In fact it requires a hubside script as well to provide the data available to the hub. An example of simple communication:
connect -> LockToKey handshake -> sending a unique command, like $RegSync <password> -> would send back the data required (return value of GetRegisteredUsers() coinverted to a string) and then close the conn.
Hell of work.

achiever

Quote from: Tw?sT?d-d?v?l on 21 May, 2007, 21:21:51
I still say opening the 2 XML's up and copy and pasting would have been easyer ... I ve done this before ..
Backup both copys up 1st ... open to 2 files up in notepad(or whatever you use) copy and paste all nicks into the other ..
When you then start hub up, you shud get popup saying duplicate user reg'd with option to delete ( or somethin along them lines )..
Takes about 30 - 60 secs depending on how many users are reg'd
i did not understand u earlier i have not recieved ne popup or ne such thing alerting me of duplicate users.
in fact the xml has still got duplicate users and when my ptokax starts it has just the original list :(

whats going wrong
thks,
achiever.

Tw?sT?d-d?v

By any chance did you copy these lines too
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="yes" ?>
<RegisteredUsers>

If you have these in the regusers.xml twice make sure you remove the 2nd one .
Dose urs look something like this , If so remove where i put remove
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="yes" ?>                <<<<<<    Keep
<RegisteredUsers>                                                                                 <<<<<<    Keep
    <RegisteredUser>
        <Nick>(Angmar)</Nick>
        <Password>****</Password>
        <Profile>1</Profile>
    </RegisteredUser>
    <RegisteredUser>
        <Nick>(NRG)Rebel</Nick>
        <Profile>1</Profile>
    </RegisteredUser>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="yes" ?>             <<<<<<  Remove
<RegisteredUsers>                                                                              <<<<<<  Remove
    <RegisteredUser>
        <Nick>(Angmar)</Nick>
        <Profile>1</Profile>
    </RegisteredUser>
    <RegisteredUser>
        <Nick>(NRG)Rebel</Nick>
        <Profile>1</Profile>
    </RegisteredUser>

If you need help with it   email me the 2 files and ill do them for you
twisted-devil@hotmail.co.uk