Latest development news

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Latest development news

Started by ptaczek, 14 October, 2003, 11:10:48

Previous topic - Next topic

ptaczek

Hi,
approximately a week ago I have re-started coding of ptokax after almost 2 moths gap caused by certain complications in my personal life.
There was another trouble, a parition crash, that will a little delay new release, because I have lost latest sources of TestDrive4.
And one more shock: aMutex, my co-worker and coder of many features in ptokax, has left the project due to time and school reasons.
Even after all those consequences and with YHub as an agile concurent Im back in the business working on ptokax 0.330 with core based on 0.326 b39 and with few changes in the gui and features in general.
With aMutex'es leaving we have also lost the MultiHub server, which was completely his project and I own no sources of it.

Well, lets face the future :)
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

Joha

great news :) keep up the hard work with ptokax its by far the best hub software and it is the futur and maybe it will be possible to get the source from A mutex for the server to bring that part alive to oneday

we all waiting for the next release ptaczek take the time
and take care :)

ptaczek

Oh, thanx :) For me there is not much time right now. Ptokax is outdated and decaying and it needs refresh! Unfortunately the changes to the code are so massive that I have to make them by myself.
-ptaczek-

Snowman

I hope this new update will contain all the new commands in TD4 :)

My script depends on them :))

... I'm looking forward to it...

Snowman
\"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn\'t suck, it will be a vacuumcleaner\"

Mean-Machine Homepage

[ES]latinmusic

Today at night i will try to remember previouws bugs reported to you or AmuteX for take care about since the begining, some of them were deep code and rare, and also not well known. I will try to remember since i not have a saved record of all my previouws talks related.

ptaczek

Version 0.330 is being tested by beta testers. I will work tonight on next additions. Maybe we will have a new public release soon :)
-ptaczek-

Roy

Thats Great News! :)

Roy

pHaTTy

Good work ptaczek, its already starting to look good :)
Resistance is futile!

bolamix

You're doing an awesome job Ptaczek, thanks to you for that.
Thanks to aMutex too, for doing all that he has done already, and best wishes for school & life, it's a wise decision and i imagine it hasn't been taken willingly... Coding PtokaX surely is more fun than school :P

I'm currently testing build 11, i'll send my report & comments tonight (swiss time).
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

Flux

Hi ptaczek. well it's taken me time to find this new location of the forum. Now that i am here i am shocked of some of the news especially our friend aMutex who was a great help in many aspects of your projects.

He will be missed but i am sure if and when he returns we sure will have the open arms for him.

Now i understand why i have not seen TD5 yet, i can relax abit and give my support on your next release. I would like to be a tester but i don't think i can as i run a hub which i don't want any bad interruptions with. I wish i could help you further but all i can offer is my gratitude and support.

I happy i found this new forum but don't understand why the addresses changed and why the old registration was not transfered to here. but hey, no worries we have to start from scratch again somewhere hehehe.

take it easy may the force be with u  ;)
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

Alexei

Beta testing... Yahh... I always wanted to do that...
I wonder if you would like me to be one, ptaczek?

ptaczek

Well after almost 3 weeks of beta-testing Im here with hottest news about ptokax development.
Just a list of some more important changes/fixes from my DevLog diary:

- completely rewriten core. Ptokax now utilizes pure winsock api and raw pointer arithmetic for the fastest possible data parsing.
- fixed hubstart on already used port
- changed chat-sending loop (oh yes... loop)
- fixed closing of sockets. All sockets are now closed properly.
- fixed "your nick is already taken..." on fast reconnects
- fixed !ban command.
- fixed LUA OnExit() is now properly called before appz exit and possible global messages are dispatched to all users before exit.
- rearranged 'Rules and Bots' section
- added individual redirects for every built-in checker
- added options for users without DC tag in description
- hub setting is now saved on HubStart
- disabled checking for new release (I have to set up new URL for checking)
- rewriten 'About' section
- changes in slot checker gui controll
- changed sendbuffer data processing (Im expecting bugs ;)
- wordreplacer is temporarily disabled
- changed code for closing user's connection (now tries send all buffered data before shuting down the connection)
- Gui userlist refresh only on click to lower the cpu load a little bit
- fixed small bugs in data sending routines
- UserList auto-update on/off
- added few remote controls in LUA frmHub
  SetMinSlots(n), GetMinSlots()
  SetMaxSlots(n), GetMaxSlots()
  SetSlotRatio(n), GetSlotRatio()
  SetMaxHubs(n), GetMaxHubs()
  (redirects in next build(s) )
- fixed UserList update (thanx Bolamix)
- modified lua code for better handling of individual scripts (will be fully added in build 16)
- added variable command prefix option (idea Shipis).
  First start and stop the application, then you can modify it in ptokax.ini "CmdPrefix" under [System] section.
- fixed small bug in $GetINFO parsing routine
- added CPU usage monitor (the same from 0.326.b38, type !stat in mainchat)
- adaptive dynamic global buffers
- 50% of idividual script control done (still needs a lot of work so do not report bugs about it plz)
- added mainchat logging [Advanced]
- by default .log files are stored into logs directory
- fixed: Scripting checkbox state is FINALLY stored in the ini file ;)
- few bandwidth optimizations
- preparation for QuickList implemetation
- scripts are listed right after appz start
- few touches of client object to take better care about memory
- a little modified !stat
- fixed passive searching ;)

and a huge list of minor fixes which is boring to ordinary users ;)
-ptaczek-

pHaTTy

lol, very nice :o) getting back to scratch, the futurte looks bright
Resistance is futile!

Flux

ptaczek that lists looks very interesting i understand a majority of the fixes and changes you have listed and it makes me very happy with anticipation of the next release of PtokaX.

Once again thanx for your continued work on PtokaX and i wish i could help personally but as i said before all i can offer in my thanx and my continued support for your work and finished projects...

So do i take it as well that the next release will be sooner than we think hehehehe (I hope).

;)  ;)  ;)
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

DarkElf

Yeah....  PtokaX RuleZ
Please sorry my bad english, i'm learning it :-D

\\100Gb ][ MeGaShArE @ I?? - ?u?i?N Owner [/I]
100gb.ifs-fusion.net:666 Only EliTe ShArE min 100gb
-={ I?? - ?u?i?N }=- N??Owner

BlazeXxX

WoW ptaczek !!! You Rule man :D Keep on going, we are with you all the way to the end :)

NeiSep

Hello there well it been a while when i was in here well i have check the new hubsoft yhub and poeple say its good but i rather say its not i dont like it at all no script support and things like that whata hell i mean there is mutch better to have a script support that is what i thinking and i dont like the interface of yhub sure its a good hub software but dont come to me and say that yhub is better then PtokaX becus i wont listen i live for PtokaX thats all folks.

Thanks Ptaczek
<@Localhost Bust your ASS@>

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by NeiSep
Hello there well it been a while when i was in here well i have check the new hubsoft yhub and poeple say its good but i rather say its not i dont like it at all no script support and things like that whata hell i mean there is mutch better to have a script support that is what i thinking and i dont like the interface of yhub sure its a good hub software but dont come to me and say that yhub is better then PtokaX becus i wont listen i live for PtokaX thats all folks.

Thanks Ptaczek

Hahah good 4 u , i liked that post hehehe
Resistance is futile!

daniele_dll

why you don't try to do a port for linux? :)

now with wine or vmware...but a linux version?
VB\\PHP\\PERL\\MYSQL - Some C\\C++\\Java\\Python

To destroy a Linux Box you have to make it on purpose... to destroy a windows machine you just need to turn it off....

NeiSep

Hello why linux??
<@Localhost Bust your ASS@>

daniele_dll

QuoteOriginally posted by NeiSep
Hello why linux??

for many reason...starting from that with linux you can use more powerful c commands like fork :)
on more powerful command sockets...line poll instead of select ^^

:)

on our hub with verlihub we have limit setted to 5500...and when hub is full the machine use only 12% of processors (2 pentium III 1000) :)

so...setting up linux potkax on a gentoo like distro (super optimized) will permit many many many users ^^
VB\\PHP\\PERL\\MYSQL - Some C\\C++\\Java\\Python

To destroy a Linux Box you have to make it on purpose... to destroy a windows machine you just need to turn it off....

ptaczek

daniele_dll
Hi, have you ever tried to connect with 128kbit line to hub with 5000 users? :) It's really cool to have 5000 users on a board but the data throughput your client MUST handle on such a big hub is huge! Just the nicklist with all MyInfos is about 1MB of data. Then you are receiving huge load of search requests from 5000 users and you also have to respond to searches that matches to your share.
You have also forgot to mention something about the connection used by the hub, mate. My measures on CZ-PRO with 3800 users gave me result about 30Mbit. With 5000 users you will need even faster line to handle them all. Now tell me, how many ppl can buy 50-100Mbit line just for hub?? ;)
-ptaczek-

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by ptaczek
daniele_dll
Hi, have you ever tried to connect with 128kbit line to hub with 5000 users? :) It's really cool to have 5000 users on a board but the data throughput your client MUST handle on such a big hub is huge! Just the nicklist with all MyInfos is about 1MB of data. Then you are receiving huge load of search requests from 5000 users and you also have to respond to searches that matches to your share.
You have also forgot to mention something about the connection used by the hub, mate. My measures on CZ-PRO with 3800 users gave me result about 30Mbit. With 5000 users you will need even faster line to handle them all. Now tell me, how many ppl can buy 50-100Mbit line just for hub?? ;)
3800 users = upload 36100 kbps
5000 users = up 62500 kbps
6400 users = up 102400 kbps (100 mbps)

formula for verlihub
upload in kbps = (users / 20) ^ 2 :D
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Event_Horizon

Hot, hotter...I'm glowing

how long do we have to wait for the new H-soft??

3 month or longer ??

sounds really good ... hope release will be soon

in respect.. Event_Horizon
Greez ????_H???z??
??????????????????

??/v\\ \'?\' ?@?? ???? is Secured by RoboCop? Created by Optimus?

ruler

I have tryed all the hubsofts that are out there and i am afraid to say ladies and gents that they are all rubbish and either crash for dumb reasons or they just simply play up. However Ptokax is an ecption, its the best hubsoft out there!
Atleast ptaczek keeps us all updated and is honist with us, thats the most important thing.
i am sure aMuTex had his reasons for leaving the project which is a shame but who knows we all change our minds from time to time ;)
Kudos to ptaczek, you have made an addict out of me ;)
if only you realised how many users have entered my hub and asked me 'how do i start up a hub and whats the best hubsoft to use' ptokax of course :)

c ya and take care all of you!

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk