DC++ forum back

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DC++ forum back

Started by GargoyleMT, 06 October, 2005, 15:34:02

Previous topic - Next topic

GargoyleMT

It's back, as of less than an hour ago:

http://dcpp.net/forum/

Enjoy.

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by Mutor
phpBB,  stellar  :P

You are using phpBB, as well, Sir. :P

I am an SMF fan, though.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bastya_elvtars

SMF is free as well, and the default install knows much more than phpBB. According to PHP coders it is more secure as well.

I also found it easier to administer, and well... I hate the layout of phpBB.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

GargoyleMT

QuoteOriginally posted by Mutor
The price is right as well.
Quite correct. I am paying for the domain and the hosting, I'll give phpBB another shot since I'm the one who'll be upgrading it when new versions come out.  Being behind on patches didn't help the old DC++ board out one bit.  But I'd gladly shell out for a board software should it be worth it.

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
SMF is free as well, and the default install knows much more than phpBB. According to PHP coders it is more secure as well.
I'm certainly not adverse to switching around software.  I solicited suggestions before (in DCDev Public), but I don't think I heard that one.  Do you have any citations for the claims of being more secure?  I know phpBB was supposed to become more secure than it was since they added the second auth for admining the board.

Pothead

Snitz Is meant to be a secure forum.  The only justification i have for this claim, is that one of my friends (extreemely good with anything PC related) uses it. :)
Personally i don't trust phpbb ever since i used the admin access hack, to try and recover some of imperialnet.org's forum, after some muppet using the same hack wiped it.  If they can leave a gaping backdoor like that, who knows what else they have left to be exploited.  ?(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk