Inbuld Problem

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Inbuld Problem

Started by raindrop94, 01 July, 2006, 19:39:02

Previous topic - Next topic

raindrop94

Hi - I have a new problem that I have never seen before. Maybe someone can give me some ideas.

I am using BCDM++ and I am running PtokaX 0.3.5.0 running RoboCop v10.021.

Saturday morning I was playing around with my client a little bit, adding that TempBan usercommand that I got in my other post. And a few minutes later I started having a really strange thing happen. When I would try to do any commands, The Inbuild Change Topic window would come up. I would have to cancel it before I could do anything else.

So I removed the new client commands that I added, restarted the hub and my client, and tried again. After a few minutes that stupid thing popped up again and again and again. . . . . . So I removed my client, all of it's settings and totally reinstalled it anew. About 40 minutes went by and then that stupid Change Topic window came up again. Finally tonight, it came up and I had to force close my Client as it would not go away and I could do nothing else.

Right now I am running the simple DC++ and things seem to be ok but who knows. I have been running BDCD++ and DCDM++ for a long time and have never had any problems with them before.

Any suggestions?

Joshua    ::)

raindrop94

One other thing, none of my other OPs who are using BCDC or DCDM have had any problems. It seems to be only me.

Joshua

Rincewind

One of the versions (at least one) of BCDC has a bug where it repeatedly sends one of the right click commands to main. It could be this is what is happening to you.

From talking to people it seems that the most recent version of BCDC does not have this problem. You could try upgrading to this and see what happens

raindrop94

Hi - orginally I used DCDM and I started having problems not being able to connect to certian hubs where I was OP. And I have had a number other OP friend who had this problem. This is why I switched to BCDM. My problems started with an older version and so I upgraded to see if this would solve my problems but the same thing happened. I have been on just the simple DC++ for about 3 days now and I have not had a problem with it. So it must be something with that client.

Cheers,
Joshua

raindrop94

Thanks Mutor, I will give that a try and see if it will work for me!

I feel like a real greenhorn even though I have been using many of these programs for a number of years. But I guess this is what happens when new programs come out. LOL

Cheers,
Joshua

raindrop94

In my BCDC++ Client I could not find that option that you suggested I disable. I looked in both Favorite Hubs and in Settings. Any sugggestions?

Cheers,
Joshua

Markitos

Quote from: Mutor on 12 July, 2006, 03:33:54
I was referring to DCDM++, not BCDC++.
I dont have a problem connecting to PtokaX with BCDC++ 0.686b.
What version are you using?
What hubsofts and versions are you having trouble connecting to?

Here is a work around for PtokaX Hubs if you cannot disable $UserIP in your client.
It is a hubside script, so it wont help you to connect to other peoples hubs
unless they are willing to run it for you.

UnknownArrival = function(user,data)
	if string.find(dat,"$UserIP") then
		return 1
	end
end

BUG
if string.find(dat,"$UserIP") then
TO
if string.find(data,"$UserIP") then

Typhoon

newest BCDC++ also has that bug .. only way to skip it is by unticking the "accept custom usercommands from hub" under the advanced button in settings

and remove all your custom added user commands also..

Typhoon?

Jorgo

Thanks for the hubside solution, this problem was driving me crazy   ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk