Auto reg script

Auto reg script

Started by smarty2890, 24 July, 2009, 17:19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

smarty2890

Hiii guys,

I am running a public hub and the problem is many users of the hub are unreg. Can I get a script such that all unreg users are registered with a default password wen they login into the hub ?

For e.g. if an unreg user xyz logs in into the hub .. It registers him with profile reg default password say 123 and sends him the info about his registration.

I would be grateful if anyone helped me in this issue.

Thanx in advance.

Madman

Why do they need be forced to reg?
We suffer in silence, we lurk in the shadows, we kill in the night
Site currently down, ETA of returning online is 2099 ;p

PPK

That is stupid idea, someone can use that as exploit and crash hub with too many new unreg users ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

smarty2890

There are few scripts which are enabled for reg users only and ours is a hostel LAN there will not be more than 400 users connecting to the hub.

I just want the unreg users to get regged so that they can use all the commands of the hub.

Inspite of sending many requests to register, the number doesn't  decrease so I thought this wud be a better idea. :(  :-\

smarty2890

Oops sorry I got your point PPK .. I didn't think of that issue.. Is there any other way to make them avail the features.

PPK

You can edit these scripts to not check if user is registered  8)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

smarty2890

Thanx a lot .... Did it and the hub works fine nw. Thanx PPK  and Madman  ;D 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk