Pm2Ops

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Pm2Ops

Started by Dreams, 08 December, 2009, 19:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreams

I know that Madman has made a script, so if anyone could make this or just
add on this on the Madman script and paste here.
Or if a moderator think this should be pasted somewhere else, i'll move the request.

This is my request:

* A Pm2Ops Script.

* Who sends a Rightclick command so that the users
   can from the RCMenu send the Op's a message.

* That sends to the OpsChat.

Hope someone can help with this.

/Dreams

TiMeTrAVelleR

--[[
	Pm to bot sends message to opchat
	Made by C??o?y??
	Converted to API2 by Madman
]]--

Bot = "PM_to_OPs"

OnStartup = function() 
	Core.RegBot(Bot,"PM me to give message to all operators","",true)
end

ToArrival = function(user,data)
	data = string.sub(data,1,-2)
	local _,_,to,msg = string.find(data,"$To:%s+(%S+)%s+From:%s+%S+%s+$%b<>%s+(.*)")
	if to == Bot then
		Core.SendToOpChat("Message from: <"..user.sNick.."> -> "..msg)
		Core.SendPmToUser(user,Bot,"Your message is sent to all Operators, they will get back to you when they have readed the message.")
	end
end

Dreams

Thats the one that Madman made, and that it the one that doesn't have the functions that i requested.

I want to have one who makes a RightClick menu command and has the bot at the same time.

TZB

It looks bit funny nothing personal though.
PM2Op ain't that mean in literal meaning that you have to Private message?
Private message then why have a right click for that when its PM? If you want to PM any user you check the user list right click there and send your PM. Do you use Right click on the Hub Tab Menu?
And if the simple language Like PM cant be understood by the user for whom you are making this script more easy i feel its not worthy.Its just making things even more complex.
Keep it simple Keep it easy. That's only a suggestion, Rest is your point of view.

Dreams

Why?
Persons sorts there userlist's in different order..
and why make it hard for them to find Pm2Ops?
Everyone aint advanced users, the most of the users like it easy, and if the users are happy, im happy.

And this request will make it easy on the users.
And thats a great thing :)

I will ask you one thing, why do you comment if you can't help me or ask a question that can help me?
I wanted help, not someone who can tell me it looks funny.

//Dreams

TZB

Man you took it all personal over you!
So lemme get a bit more personal and break up your post a bit.

QuotePersons sorts there userlist's in different order..
Answer : There are generally as far as i know two ways of sorting a Nick list.You make the key nicks Above the Chart or flush them to the ass of the list :)
Now you have two options give ur Bot a KEY or ask him to Rest in peace at the bottom of the table provided you know how to do it.
Now for this if you reply me saying people sort list according to share then brother BOT's have 0b Share which in case line up at the top of the table.

Next..
Quoteand why make it hard for them to find Pm2Ops?
How to line up your BOT's was on your choice. Make it have a Key or make him R.I.P.
Now lemme tell you if you find your BOT hard to find you must be running say 10 scripts with different BOTs registered in the list of yours and lemme tell you this makes users difficult and they switch to The other way round of display which makes all BOT's sit in the bottom of the table.

Now thats what i call Management problem :)

next..
QuoteEveryone aint advanced users, the most of the users like it easy, and if the users are happy, im happy.

And this request will make it easy on the users.
And thats a great thing

If you know how to sort your bots in your nick list you can find a ant in that table with a small look.
Now brother if you manage your bots list well you can make your users see the Bot more easily and more specifically.
And it would be lot more easier looking for it in nick list than in right click.Because you always see for easy things first rather than look for easy things on Right Click.
Trust me I have been a User First and then a Master or owner whatever you say.

QuoteI will ask you one thing, why do you comment if you can't help me or ask a question that can help me?
I wanted help, not someone who can tell me it looks funny.
You miss a point here! Its not charity that people come in here only for help.When i posted my comment it was my Opinion for which i haven't broken any LAW in here.If i did then please let me know and i will write down an apology for that. And yes it looked funny to me did i hurt your emotions by saying that then am sorry for it but i specified above why i felt funny.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk