possible new attack

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

possible new attack

Started by CraiDt, 05 June, 2004, 04:16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

CraiDt

Hello ladies and other people,

I just came back from a hard night of drinking at the local club
and I find 3 hubs in my network being unable to accept new users and basically being frozen userwise.
no logins no chats no search

I thought haha weird coincidense, I had a few drinks already 3 hubs didn't seem too much of a coincidense 10 minutes ago.

Then I heard about 4 hubs with the exact same problem.

I only have remote acces to one of the hubs atm
and whn inspecting the machine I found ptokax completely frozen , had to close it down with the taskmanager. ( OS WIN XP running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 15.25 [debug]  )

I once managed to trow 11 1's with 12 dices in a game of warhammer, so I think I have had my share of extreme coincidenses for atleast a lifetime or two.

Bug or exploit? or the exploiting of a bug even :)

Give me your thoughts about this please ^^

AF Admin
You can find me in

AF1 Empie.no-ip.com
AF7 Shao.no-ip.com

KX250

yep all our networks just hade the same problem. :@

Kozas

Yes. our network aswell X(

NotRabidWombat

Heh!

"Our hubs are frozen. What's the problem?!"

How about more info.

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

Corayzon

awhile when i was in some hub wars with asswipes, i has some of the same problems...

first i would get logins that seemed to be bots and had access to executing script, and the bot would advertise through pms from the operator names, therefor stoping any antivertising...

aswell as this, i was getting alot of hub freezes with ptokax errors that would completly disable to the gui...

after lots of thinking and speaking with other ppl that had this problem, i made some simple hacker detectors, and ever sinse this has not been happening very often...

neone else have ne ideas?

edit *** bots in td4 and hub freezes in td4 and d15.25

NotRabidWombat

How did you differentiate between "hackers", "bots", and users? Specific information would be most helpful, such as the client sent data packet A, B, C consisting of... and this caused a specific issue with PtokaX. Then submit it as a bug report.

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

Corayzon

i see...

well from this i would base it on what the intentions are of the person attacking ptokax servers.

if the attacks arent random and allways seem to effect ur hub, its a hacker keeping himself unbored, or maybe a disliker of the p2p networks if tring to cause chaos.

But if these bunch of last attacks where for bug testing, it doesnt seem like it, meaning...

if i was testing ptokax, i wouldnt go out tring to screw around with servers that are public. The place for this to be done is on internal network or on a hub that is set up for hackers to try exploit for bug fixes.

noza

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by CraiDt
running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 15.25 [debug]  )
And this version is our problem, i know 2 easy ways to freeze it with normal DC++ :(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

[NL]Pur

can't ptaczek atleast release a version with the most critical bugs fixed  ? :/

PPK

ptaczek know both bugs, first bug i fix to 0.3.3.0 build 15.26. I don't know if seconds is fixed in last build (0.3.3.0 build 15.31), i don't have sources from 15.27 :(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

MrZ

3 hubs at 2 diff places frozen today :((

same --> here

Wonder if we all have something in common
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

SaintSinner

QuoteOriginally posted by MrZ
3 hubs at 2 diff places frozen today :((

same --> here

Wonder if we all have something in common

yeah all are running the beta software,
I guess its expected with betasoft
it will eventually lock up.

MrZ

Hia, , naah i think someone found out a funny way to use commads in a hole of ptax..

Yes ur right were all using the beta, but ppl have found holes in "other softwares" in ages.. just wanna know when and how we should stop it... and maybe who it was, gues it could be scriptet by "big brother"

ok enought speculating,, Z ya :))
(we survive :))
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

MovieMaster

I`m using Ptokax 0.330 build 15.25 and I have this freezing probs often, it`s most likely TE that has found a backdoor in Ptokax that they can use to hack the hub and freeze it.

What`s the point in hacking hubs??
What`s the point in flooding hubs??
What`s the point  in taking over hubs with hacking tools??
What`s the point in spamming hubs??
TE has done this and is doing this.
What`s the point TE??
Can`t you peeps in TE, just leave my hub and hubs I know and stop trying to do this against them and me.
We are trying to grow more, have a good time on hubs and dc. Then what is the point in trying to stop us from growing, having a good time on dc and hubs?? Me and hubs I know are nice and have`nt done anything wrong against TE, so stop trying to hack us, please.

Meka][Meka

QuoteOriginally posted by MovieMaster
I`m using Ptokax 0.330 build 15.25 and I have this freezing probs often, it`s most likely TE that has found a backdoor in Ptokax that they can use to hack the hub and freeze it.

What`s the point in hacking hubs??
What`s the point in flooding hubs??
What`s the point  in taking over hubs with hacking tools??
What`s the point in spamming hubs??
TE has done this and is doing this.
What`s the point TE??
Can`t you peeps in TE, just leave my hub and hubs I know and stop trying to do this against them and me.
We are trying to grow more, have a good time on hubs and dc. Then what is the point in trying to stop us from growing, having a good time on dc and hubs?? Me and hubs I know are nice and have`nt done anything wrong against TE, so stop trying to hack us, please.

duud go to hell, id tell u a few things todo but i'd probby be banned from forum ^o)  now stfu dumb ass.... get a clue b4 u open ur stupid fcking mouth faggot...
Do you know what \'nemesis\' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an \'orrible cunt... me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk