Users Cannot Get Back In

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Users Cannot Get Back In

Started by meltnmold, 17 October, 2003, 04:28:48

Previous topic - Next topic

meltnmold

I'm running PtokaX 0.326 testdrive 4 on an AMD 1.44 GH with a Gig of memory as a dedicated server and the OS is W2000. I have 50 to 60 regular users and am running as a private site. The site has been running for a couple of months now.

I am not running any scripts. I tried Mean Machine and it was fine for awhile but then one user began getting Unathorized Software messages and would be kicked. So I dropped the script.

Now I have some users who get dropped and/or log out and can't get back into the hub without me rebooting PtokaX. Roughly 5% or so have the problem. But sometimes those same people do not have a problem getting back in. When they have problems, they connect but then sit there looking at a blank site, no other users evident. I've even had it happen to me and I could look at PtokaX and see it was running and 50 or more people were logged in with no problem.

I'm also looking for some insight or help into making connections with users. Sometimes I can connect with a specific user and sometimes I can't. There seems to be no reason evident. Sometimes I can make a connection by changing from passive to active, sometimes from passive to active to passive for the same person will work and sometimes no matter what I do it wont' work. Normally I can connect to the majority of my users by staying passive, regardless of what they are.

Today I ran into another problem. I checked the box to require 2 slots per user in the hub. I did NOT check the box to require a slot/ratio nor did I check the box to limit the number of hubs nor did I check the box to enable a share limit.

I run oDC and DC++ as clients in order to test what I do from another machine on the network and I do not have any problem with either but it required some small percentage of users to open as many as 10 slots before it let them in. I finally had to uncheck the option as it was causing too many complaints and I had dozens and dozens of connects and disconnects showing on the screen.

I've not been able to find a FAQ or anything to answer these questions but if there is one, would someone point me to it?

BTW, I moved to DC from WinMX and wish I'd done it long ago. I co-hosted a room there for about a year.

Thanks for any help........

meltnmold

MrZ

Hia :))

All this sound very strange, i would adwice ya to to a clean install of PtokaX and start from scratch..could it be MM that have fu**ed up the installation ??

Good Luck and Z ya :)
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

meltnmold

Thanks for the reply MrZ.  I don't believe the software is corrupted but I'll redirect later this morning and reinstall PtokaX just to be sure...

Again, thanks..

meltnmold

MrZ

Hia:)) again lol

Was so little meltnmold.
And ya know to set up a new one ya can do "on the side" and the hub will only be down for max 5 sec if ya do everything right.

Were also running MM on some hubs and there was some problems in the latest, what version was it ya was trying??

Z ya

meltnmold

The version we had was 1.8.3.1 and I'm just going to redirect to another machine on the network so I can reinstall and reboot that machine....

meltnmold

MrZ

Lol.. wasnt reinstalling the whole box i meant :)) just PtokaX !

And i dont thing that kinda problem was from that version of MM tho, came after that.

Tnx 4 ya reply..and still good luck pal

Z ya

meltnmold

Thought for a few minutes that the fresh install fixed the problems but then I couldn't get back in until I deleted the login and created a new one and rebooted oDC...
It's taken about an hour so far for 34 of the 60 users to straggle back in... all with the same complaint, they get connected and sit there looking at a blank room....
about 15 of those users just popped right back on, no problem...

meltnmold

meltnmold

the problem with users logging in is actually getting worse since I did the fresh install. there are approximately 20 who cannot get in now..  I can reboot the room and/or my computer and some of those get in but some of the ones who were in cannot get back then......

this is all they see, the first two lines...: the login process appears to hang at that point for those 20 but 32 others get right in with no problem.....

[18:20:02] *** Connecting to xxxxxxx.no-ip.info...
[18:20:03] *** Connected

they never get as far as Hub-Security....

[18:20:03] This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.2.6 TestDrive 4  (UpTime: 0 hours, 0 minutes)
[18:20:03] *** Joins: Evil_Smirk
[18:20:03] Welcome to the NEW Doo Wop Room.

MrZ

Hia:))

Zitat meltnmold:---------------------------------------------------
...I couldn't get back in until I deleted the login and created a new one and rebooted oDC...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm what do ya mean? did you move some files back to the "new clean install" ?

All that ive notised that if someone have a kinda slow connection and having a hub it could tkae some time to get in, maybe 5-10 sec. But that ussually it becauce the script added not the PtokaX itselfes.

And that ya said b4 you dont have anymoore.
Is this a hub with only regged users?
Do you run something else on that puter??
For example PeerGuard??

Im running out of clue's..anyone else ?? !!

Z ya

meltnmold

The only files I copied back were the xxxx.dat files.., to save having to type all those names and passwords again...

The only things running on that machine are PtokaX, oDC 5.21, AOL IM and DUC v2.1.4 (to check the IP for NO-IP)..  

Right now with 34 users logged on and one d/ling from me at 25 to 27 kB, my CPU useage is not even getting above 2% and is mostly at 0%....

I had to dump TestDrive 4 and I've installed IceCube but when I copied the xxxx.dat files over, it made every single person an OP but me... ;-))  But they all seem to be able to login....

I'll either figure out how to change that this morning or I'll drop back and run "the other" software....

Damn, this is getting to be a pain....

meltnmold

MrZ

Sorry to say, but that is  not a clean install imo.
You better just write in all those regged once again.

Install in a new dir, start up the gui and do all the settings, but not the ports. When ya is fisnished all this with the regging thing, start up the hub and do some testing, close dwn the new hub..change the ports--so EVERYTHING is the same. Then! do a fast switch..turn of the old one and start the new one.

You can use 127.0.0.1 as a hub address while ya test it!

You just Have to do this if ya ever want to find out.

again..good luck

Z ya

Alexei

MrZ!

I tried like you just wrote... hehe...
Doesnt work at all... same problem with all Mean Machine scripts.. not the last 1 thou... the last one works just fine :D :D

[NL]Pur

QuoteI'm also looking for some insight or help into making connections with users. Sometimes I can connect with a specific user and sometimes I can't. There seems to be no reason evident. Sometimes I can make a connection by changing from passive to active, sometimes from passive to active to passive for the same person will work and sometimes no matter what I do it wont' work. Normally I can connect to the majority of my users by staying passive, regardless of what they are.

and you know that passive users can't connect with passive?

meltnmold

>Hia :))

>Sorry to say, but that is not a clean install imo.
>You better just write in all those regged once again.

Ok MrZ, just for the sake of being more sure, I'll go thru all the steps....

meltnmold

meltnmold

>[NL]Pur

>and you know that passive users can't connect with passive?

I did believe that for awhile.. I no longer believe it to be true though because I have some users, particularly some of my OPs that I regularly transfer files from or to when we are both passive.... I have some other users that we both have to be active however......

The secret to me was refreshing the user list everytime I tried to make a connection.... then trying in the passive mode and letting it cycle twice, if it didnt' make connection, change to active mode and let it cycle twice and if it still didnt' make connection, change back to passive and it will almost invariably make a connection then...

I make a connection and d/l files more times than not...

pHaTTy

pur already knows that, already told pur ;) i new i forgot to come post somewhere ;)
Resistance is futile!

MrZ

Zitat Alexei:---------------------------------------------------------
... same problem with all Mean Machine scripts.. not the last 1 thou... the last one works just fine
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strange..I've tried almoust all and didnt had any problems like that?!

What do you mean by "same" Alexei ??
Same problems as meltnmold ??
How come i havent seen ya on the MM tread?
Are ya sure it isnt the faked users (bot)  that causing this..hehe

Z ya

Alexei

Im pretty sure MrZ...
Cuz it was a few a bit before i joined the Forum(joined yesterday)...

And the fake-user does NOT cause any problems... there was some problem with a MM script and a P2P block... im not sure why... but in the last version its okej... :]
And do NOT make fun of me cuz i wrote a fake-user bot...
Some ppl need it... i actually wrote it for a friend that had no users at all.. so he needed it... after 10 persons -- real once--came in, he erased those scripts...But that bot helped him... People dont like hubs with have 0 users...

meltnmold

>>Hia :))

>>Sorry to say, but that is not a clean install imo.
>>You better just write in all those regged once again.

>Ok MrZ, just for the sake of being more sure, I'll go >thru all the steps....

meltnmold

Well MrZ..  as of tonight I can tell you emphatically that a total, complete, clean install yeilds the exact same bad results for me....

meltnmold

MrZ

:evil:

Damn!! i dont get that at all, dont ever heard of something like it...
Ok we start from the begining....

1. You use Ptokax 0.3.2.6 td4, not any of them betas?
2. You not useing any other scripts?
3. You running a private only hub ?
4. You use original clients, oDC or DC++?
5. You not using the option ""Aditional slot checking"?
6. What settings in "rules and bot" do you use?
7. You havent changed anything in the Profile manager?
8. You dont using any "Multi Hub" funktions?

Hmm some questions... and i realy hope someone else have some tips about this because im dont have a clue..sorry

Z ya

Alexei

Hehe...
I had the same problem... even thou now i fixed it....

All you need to do is just ERASE all your settings... and write them again...

That way it will go better....
Or you just need someone to guide you once again through those settings... ;)

Well... hope it will help...
It helped me...

MrZ

Hia:))

With a clean install i mean a absolutely new install and that would be all the settings is gone as well.

Z ya

meltnmold

This was the third install.. the second I copied the dat files over, on this one, I took a fresh new archived PtokaX and installed into a new directory. I typed in every name and password and all the settings. NOTHING got into that directory without me typing it... in the directory...
BUT... I think I have found the problem and prevented it from occurring again for me.. It appears to be a bug in Test Drive 4.. When email addresses are in the users settings, it will sometimes give errors like UNATHORIZED SOFTWARE or will prevent or severely hamper logging in to the hub.
I have made tests from two of my network machines. One w/o an email address logs in instantly. One with an email address, took 7 restarts of oDC to get in.
Of course only time will tell if that is correct but in the several hours since we came to this conclusion (with the help of another long time Operator of PtokaX), people have been coming and going and we've heard no complaints...

MrZ

I am happy for ya meltnmold!

We also had this problem on one of our hubs, but i always thought it had to do with the "antiadwertize" bit of MM..not the PtokaX sine ive tested a lot of them whitout MM.

Anyway..god job meltnmold :))

Z ya

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk