DC

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DC

Started by OpticaL, 23 April, 2005, 15:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

OpticaL

this is maybe a very unnecessary thread but so you all know. It's NOT DC++ it's DC (Direct-Connect) i'm so less of people that say it's called DC++.

??????Hawk??????

hi m8  

Please click this link...

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

and repeat your first statement so that we may laugh some more.. :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

??????Hawk??????

OpticaL

you know what i mean.........

Dessamator

QuoteOriginally posted by OpticaL
this is maybe a very unnecessary thread but so you all know. It's NOT DC++ it's DC (Direct-Connect) i'm so less of people that say it's called DC++.

all i can say is LOOOOL, it really depends on what ur talking about, it might b more correct to say dc++ sometimes, so research more next time, b4 u speak !!!
Ignorance is Bliss.

OpticaL

dude. for example in RoboCop

Special Greetings
Blaaaaah
And all other users and friends on DC++

so is it DC++ or DC

??????Hawk??????

Special Greetings
Blaaaaah

so is it DC++ or DC

Does it really Matter  ????

Im not confused  and as this has never been braught up before i assume there isnt too many ppl getting confused..

Dessamator

Special Greetings
Blaaaaah

so is it DC++ or DC

"dude", even if its wrong and doesnt matter that, its probably just a spelling mistake or mayb u just didnt understand the context, and furthermore , he might have been refering all the friends that u have on dc++, most of the other dcs, are based on it, so it doesnt really matter,

as i said research more, kapish !
Ignorance is Bliss.

PPK

I agree is it DC and always only DC without ++  :] and one nice day DC++ leave DC scene :D

Quote[2005-04-11 18:53:03] it seems the evil network will win after all - dc++ will leave the nmdc scene =)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Dessamator

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
I agree is it DC and always only DC without ++  :] and one nice day DC++ leave DC scene :D

Quote[2005-04-11 18:53:03] it seems the evil network will win after all - dc++ will leave the nmdc scene =)

wow, dc++ is dying   :( , well, at least a few weeks l8r that person's prob will b out of context , :D
Ignorance is Bliss.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Dessamator
wow, dc++ is dying   :(
Don't know if dying but with "working" ADC arne remove nmdc part and release DC++ 1.0  :D
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Dessamator

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
QuoteOriginally posted by Dessamator
wow, dc++ is dying   :(
Don't know if dying but with "working" ADC arne remove nmdc part and release DC++ 1.0  :D

gooody, i was getting tired of the 0's in dc 0.4, 0.5, 0.674,  at last the zero  will be gooone :D
Ignorance is Bliss.

Meka][Meka

i would say dc is the nmdc version of the protocol, nowadays, it is called the dc++ protocol, so it is called dc++, dc++ is an enhanced version of the dc protocol, nmdc then moved up on the dc++ protocol, using the extra features, now that the protocol is open to all, u can name it anything u want, on condition u give permission and source and docs for the protocol, at least source code, so yes, it is dc++, not dc, dc died when dc++ started adding ther own advanced features ;) so dont get urself mixed up ;)
Do you know what \'nemesis\' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an \'orrible cunt... me.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Meka][Meka
so yes, it is dc++, not dc, dc died when dc++ started adding ther own advanced features ;)
Hmm good idea, maybe is time to change name :D

QuoteDC++ login sequency to PtokaX
$Lock EXTENDEDPROTOCOLma7@h@JfSsN`pQb4jaxCdWeP;DJ\s Pk=PtokaX|
$Supports UserCommand NoGetINFO NoHello UserIP2 TTHSearch GetZBlock |
$Supports NoHello|
$Key ŃŔ? A Ń??ŔŔ0?A?6????pTŔ?1?q/%DCN005%/đŐG"rB#|
$ValidateNick tlamicka|
$Hello  tlamicka|
$Version 1,0091|
$GetNickList|
$MyINFO $ALL tlamicka <++ V:0.668,M:P,H:1/0/0,S:2>$ $Satellite$$0$|
$HubName U PePKa - Test|
<_@o'> This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.03 [debug] Apr 24 2005 00:58:37 (UpTime: 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes)|
$MyINFO $ALL _@o' <=- BOT -=>$ $ $_@o' dot org$0$|
$MyINFO $ALL tlamicka $P$Satellite$$0$$|
$OpList _@o'$$|

QuoteCZDC++ login sequency to PtokaX
$Lock EXTENDEDPROTOCOL`FpsUi[kjepcwH9goNoDnnR@=lKUH Pk=PtokaX|
$Supports UserCommand NoGetINFO NoHello UserIP2 QuickList|
$Supports QuickList|
$MyINFO $ALL tlamicka <++ V:0.674,M:A,H:1/2/1,S:3>$ $Wireless   $PPK@PtokaX.org$40266411776$|
$GetNickList|
$HubName U PePKa - Test|
<_@o'> This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.03 [debug] Apr 24 2005 00:58:37 (UpTime: 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes)|
$MyINFO $ALL _@o' <=- BOT -=>$ $ $_@o' dot org$0$|
$MyINFO $ALL tlamicka $A$Wireless   $PPK@PtokaX.org$40266411776$|
$OpList _@o'$$|

Typhoon

hmm, now that you mention Change of name ppk, then CZDC++ might could be the long lost PtokaX "DC" Client there was plans/chats about :o) .. " CZPX "  :) ...

Typhoon?

Dessamator

QuoteOriginally posted by Meka][Meka
i would say dc is the nmdc version of the protocol, nowadays, it is called the dc++ protocol, so it is called dc++, dc++ is an enhanced version of the dc protocol, nmdc then moved up on the dc++ protocol, using the extra features, now that the protocol is open to all, u can name it anything u want, on condition u give permission and source and docs for the protocol, at least source code, so yes, it is dc++, not dc, dc died when dc++ started adding ther own advanced features ;) so dont get urself mixed up ;)

so basically what ur saying is that   the person who started this thread is wrong,he/she didnt research enough, and made conclusions, based on something he heard or read , :D
Ignorance is Bliss.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Typhoon?
then CZDC++ might could be the long lost PtokaX "DC" Client there was plans/chats about :o)
CZDC++ is buggy, unstable and use too much resources (and is cheating client :D )... no this is not PtokaX Dream Client :P

OpticaL

This haden't anything to do about the clients. I just meant people is saying DC++ to everything on dc like a DC++ Hub and i have friends on DC++. So if that was the case should i have diffrent friends per Client? lol

Dessamator

This haden't anything to do about the clients. I just meant people is saying DC++ to everything on dc like a DC++ Hub and i have friends on DC++. So if that was the case should i have diffrent friends per Client? lol

as i said b4 it depends on the context, and yeah why not having friends per client, :D
Ignorance is Bliss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk