Bugs in PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 16.04 - Page 3

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Bugs in PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 16.04

Started by Andoz, 28 February, 2005, 02:52:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Pothead

With respect to the bug on Stop Hub (with user Statistics enabled), if you have a users.mdb file from an old PtokaX in that directory it works a lot better :)

thanks to Danshuk for telling me this one :)

bastya_elvtars

MSAccess DBing is temporary... hopefully...
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Andoz

Does new ptokax support dubble CPU ?

Version: PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 16.04a [debug] built on Mar  1 2005 23:29:26
Uptime: 4 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes
Users (Max/Actual Peak (Max Peak)/Logged) : 1500 / 1424 (1424) / 1414
------------------------------------------------------------
CPU usage (All processes 60 seconds average): 6.9%
CPU time: 7:16:58
Mem usage (Old style): 4257 kB
Mem usage (Peak): 42.58 MB (60.29 MB)
VM size (Peak): 46.85 MB (54.92 MB)
------------------------------------------------------------
    HubComputer
????????HubComputer????????????
CPU 2x 933Mhz P III
640Mb SdRam
Moderkort MSI     MS-6321
4 st IDE ata66
4st IDE ata100 Raid
Win XP Pro
Internet connection 10/10 Mbit
????????HubComputer????????????

Its still running without any complicatings.
Thanks again for nice work PPK
[ADSL]-HALMSTAD-[BBB]
            andoz.no-ip.com:6969

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Andoz
No, PtokaX not support multiprocesing  :(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Andoz

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
No, PtokaX not support multiprocesing  :(

Is it possible to fix that?  8)
[ADSL]-HALMSTAD-[BBB]

PPK

Is it possible to fix that?  8)
Maybe, but as i know here is no DC Hub software supporting multiprocesing, is not easy to do it :]
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

bastya_elvtars

SMP is even quite unsupported in Windows itself. Try Linux/BSD with a  kernel compiled to support it.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Andoz

I can hardly manage windows and myself.
No ill keep it at it is :)
everything looks very good as it is, just undering :]
If only PPK could let me in to his hub with dc++0.403  ;(
than ill be happyer.  ;)
[ADSL]-HALMSTAD-[BBB]

PPK

If only PPK could let me in to his hub with dc++0.403  ;(
No way for 0.403 (version of last rmDC++)... 0.401, 0.404 and > 0.665 allowed  :))

uffetjur

whats wrong with 0.670?
Somewhere in Cyberspace

Josh_J

I don't know if this is really considered a bug but whenever you put in a space for the opchat like Hub Pub you get the opchat named that but you also get a regular user on the userlist with the name Hub and the description is Pub...just thought it was weird, however if you do alt+0160 instead the issue is fixed.

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by Josh_J
I don't know if this is really considered a bug but whenever you put in a space for the opchat like Hub Pub you get the opchat named that but you also get a regular user on the userlist with the name Hub and the description is Pub...just thought it was weird, however if you do alt+0160 instead the issue is fixed.
hmm, I tested the thing you said, your right, if there is a space in the op chat name, a extra user in the userlist is created and the first part become the username and the last part the description in the userlist.

It's not so important, but PPK, fix this until the next release :)

bastya_elvtars

Why space to opchat? It kills it.

PPK

I don't know if this is really considered a bug but whenever you put in a space for the opchat like Hub Pub you get the opchat named that but you also get a regular user on the userlist with the name Hub and the description is Pub...
Yes you found bug, and btw problem is not only space :D

??????Hawk??????

having a script that adds a description to your ops chat will cause the same problem if you use a space in the Name...  

??????Hawk??????

Pothead

In 16.05 (not sure about 16.04) , if you remove a script from the scripts directory, and restart scripts, then on the Advanced Page of PtokaX (the Memory section) the script is removed from there.  But the first script gets a second (duplicate) entry :S

Hope this makes sense. :)

***Edit. This is an odd one. In my normal hub (port 411) !ban user will ban only the IP of the user.  In my test hub (port 666), with ALL the other settings the same, !ban user does both nick and IP ban.

derhades

Hi all,

i'm test-running PtokaX 0.3.3.0 build 16.04. Everything works fine, except that i get disconnected from the hub exactly after  30 minutes (hub runs in local network). But only with dc++ 0.670 which accesses the hub via LAN. dc++ 0.0434 which runs on the same machine as the hub does not have the same problem.

Is it a problem with Ptokax or did i miss something?

Greetings and thanks to developers,

Hades

bastya_elvtars

On the LAN, is there DHCP? What is the lease time if so? What IP are you using?

derhades

The hubmachine runs on w2k sp4, network is 100 mbit with static ips from private range (192.168.2.2 for my pc, and 192.168.2.3 for the hub machine)

The regular hub is on the same machine as the hub mentioned above (runs on Ptokax 0.3.3.0 15.25 without any problems for two months)

As told i don't have any problems staying in the test hub if i use dc++ 0.0434. So perhaps the problem only exists between new Ptokax and new dc++?

Greetings,

Hades

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Pothead
In 16.05 (not sure about 16.04) , if you remove a script from the scripts directory, and restart scripts, then on the Advanced Page of PtokaX (the Memory section) the script is removed from there.  But the first script gets a second (duplicate) entry :S
Yes something is wrong here, try try to do it something with this bug.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pothead
In my normal hub (port 411) !ban user will ban only the IP of the user.  In my test hub (port 666), with ALL the other settings the same, !ban user does both nick and IP ban.
On first hub is normal user, on second registered user ?(
Registered user is banned with nick and IP, because PtokaX allow registered users with banned only IP to get in ;)

QuoteOriginally posted by derhades
Everything works fine, except that i get disconnected from the hub exactly after  30 minutes (hub runs in local network). But only with dc++ 0.670 which accesses the hub via LAN. dc++ 0.0434 which runs on the same machine as the hub does not have the same problem.

Is it a problem with Ptokax or did i miss something?
Yes maybe is problem in PtokaX, but i have no idea why one DC++ working and other version not :(

Andoz

No i start get confused. In PtokaX 0.3.3.0 build 16.05 for Windows XP/2K/NT
Is there some bug or should i upgrade from my
Version: PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 16.04a [debug] built on Mar  1 2005 23:29:26
Uptime: 5 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes
Users (Max/Actual Peak (Max Peak)/Logged) : 1250 / 1486 (1486) / 1241

That i have running for 5 days and no problem at all?
What you guys say Upgrade or run this some more days?
[ADSL]-HALMSTAD-[BBB]

derhades

I don't know exactly when the new Ptokax came out compared to the releasedate of the newest dc++, but perhaps there is a trace in it to find the problem.

If Ptokax doesn't know about the dc++ cleintversion 0.670 would it treat the "unknown" client differently than the old and known one  0.0434?

bastya_elvtars

I don't know exactly when the new Ptokax came out compared to the releasedate of the newest dc++, but perhaps there is a trace in it to find the problem.

If Ptokax doesn't know about the dc++ cleintversion 0.670 would it treat the "unknown" client differently than the old and known one  0.0434?

I use it with CZDC++ 0.670. :S

PPK

That i have running for 5 days and no problem at all?
What you guys say Upgrade or run this some more days?
If running good, and you don't want new added features then you don't need to upgrade now... upgrade after your version crash, or server crash, or server need restart ... :D

PtokaX don't care about client versions (that's script job), i running client based on DC++ 0.670 and don't have problem ;)
And no, 0.670 is not unknown :]
Quote[2005-03-07 20:00:07] <_@o'> *** Nick: (0,1)Pavel, IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Mode: P, Hubs: 3, Slots: 1, Client: DC++, Ver.: 0.670
[2005-03-07 20:00:07] <_@o'> *** ShareSize: 10.01 GB

jadehenry04

yeah im using ptokax 0.3.3.0 build 16.05, and it seems fine with dc++ 0.670

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk