Rincewind's Grimoire v4.3.0

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Rincewind's Grimoire v4.3.0

Started by Rincewind, 13 August, 2007, 19:48:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Bit of a jump in version numbers but one or two bugs were discovered after release of Gv4.1.0.

Here is the change log of Gv4.3.0 which can be downloaded here;

CHANGES - 4.3.0
----------------------
•   fixed bug where anagrams point message doesn't replace !bonus! with the time when there are no bonus points remaining
•   fixed bug with +setprofileminshareredirect command [reported by ???]
•   fixed bug with the SearchSpy giving error: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)
•   fixed bug with Show Hub Info reporting topic changer as off [reported by ???]

CHANGES - 4.2.0
----------------------
•   repackage due to errors in package of 4.1.0

CHANGES - 4.1.0
----------------------
•   fixed bug with divide by 0 in calculator [reported by Jo]
•   correct end of quiz game finish message [reported by Jo]
•   amended Numbers game to allow option to calculate questions on the fly
•   fixed bug with the !username! in ascii [reported by Daniel_t0t3u]
•   fixed bug with wrong notification message being sent to Ops when tag is set [reported by Jo]
•   added clone ip function which will allow standard kick actions. Includes immune by profile and exempt by username [requested by (??I)[-Athena-]]
•   fixed bug whereby a correct whole word guess in hangman didn;t show before confirmation message
•   added option to kick/ban/timeban to send ascii message to main when a user is kicked [requested by ???]
•   added new format of trivia question (default is existing format) [requested by achiever]
•   added number of points behind next rank to all quizzes [requested by achiever]
•   added number of points to next rank to quizzes [requested by achiever]
•   fixed bug with main chat block preventing no password regme message being displayed [reported by by ???]
•   fixed bug with kickers ip appearing in kick notification message
•   fixed bug with kick vip operator commandds showing to all users
•   fixed bug with rotating message function loading adverts to rc [reported by D??k][W?z??d, Magic,•J€?']['€?™• and ???. Exact problem located by ???]
•   removed extensions from advert listing [requested by D??k][W?z??d]
•   fixed bug with the add exempt users command erroring if no user specified [reported by D??k][W?z??d]
•   fixed bug with add exempt users right click not appending nick of selected user [reported by D??k][W?z??d]

ZandPilooT

Oke, I want to give this a try after my RoboCop died and Terminator is stopping.
I put everything in it's place and start Rincewind's Grimoire.exe
Then the hocus pocus starts for me with the folowing msg

After clicking the 'OK' button I get the following where I can't do anything.

Anyone knows what's wrong?
Thanks.

Rincewind

Sounds like you're missing one of the controls used on the form.

If you have a look in the Rincewind's Grimoire folder you will find a subfolder called Controls. In it is the ocx's used in Grimoire plus instructions on how to register them with Windows. If you give that a go for all of the ones that you don;t have in Windows/system32 and let me know if the problem persists.

ZandPilooT

Those files were already in the system32 folder so I have no clue of what to do.

Rincewind

In Windows/system32 do you also have scrrun.dll and stdole2.tlb?

ZandPilooT

Yes, they're also located there.
If it's of any help, I use WinXP Mediacenter with SP2, but it also doesnt work on my other pc's that use XP pro without SP2.

Rincewind

The GUI is only written in VB6 so I'm not sure of the problem.

Do you also have msvbvm60.dll?

ZandPilooT

Yes, that one is also listed.
But vb6, can't i just install some sort of a prog that also installs thos .dll's and .ocx's ?

Rincewind

The dlls and ocxs I have listed are references within the Grimoire GUI project. If you already have them then there should not be a problem.

The other thing that might theoretically be missing is the VB6 runtime but I would have thought that would be present within the versions of Windows you have (VB6 is several years old afterall).

Could you do me a favour, and reregister the ocx and dlls i have mentioned? Just in case some of them are not registered with Windows despite being present?

ZandPilooT

I tried to register them the way you told in the readme, but that also doesn't work.
I have to type a commandline for each dll or ocx and also that gives errors.

I run the lua now and have editted the settings.ini a bit. Are there more files that I can edit?

Rincewind

All of the folders within the Rincewind's Grimoire folder contain settings which you may want to look at.

I will have a think and see if I can come up with a reason for the error.

ZandPilooT

I've tried toinstall e few things, but still no success with running the GUI  :'(

What files do I have to edit with notepad to set the minshare for users, reg and vips to 50Gb

rEALx

QuoteI have to type a commandline for each dll or ocx and also that gives errors.

If u r getting error in command line also, then u may have problems when u install other programs also
which requires ocx/dll  registration. Mostly may be a registry corruption.

Try re-installing the Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 run-time files (VBRun60sp6.exe)
from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887

rEALx

ZandPilooT

I tried the vbrun60.exe befor and that one didn't do the trick.
I will give the other one a go this afternoon.

Thanks.

Rincewind

Let us know how you get on. I am still not sure why you're seeing the errors you are.

If you really need to then the file is ProfileHubRules.txt in the Rincewind's Grimoire\Security folder.

ZandPilooT

I installed the VBRun60sp6.exe and booted the pc and now I get this box again:
Quote from: ZandPilooT on 14 November, 2007, 15:27:26

But with other info.
Runtime error: '35602'
Key is not unique in collection.

And after clicking the OK btn, the blank page shows up.

I wanted to manually change the minshares in the ProfileHubRules.txt, but what is user and reg and vip? And do I have to convert 50GB to bit?

Rincewind

Key not unique in collection is because you have two lines in file that are the same

Now you have the B6 runtime try registering the components again

ZandPilooT

>:( >:( ??? ??? Still can't register the ocx's but it gives the msg that they're already loaded.
So, start the GUI but still that msg and a blank screen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk