How do i start my own hub? I have my own domain and also i have a windows 7 PC

How do i start my own hub? I have my own domain and also i have a windows 7 PC

Started by RDBN23, 28 December, 2016, 01:09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

RDBN23

Hello,

I have a hard time on how to set up the GUI version. So, i have a windows 7 64 bit machine i can run 24/7. On top of that, i have my own webhosting and domain if that helps.

Anyways, there is no official guide for the GUI version for windows.

The most confusing thing is what IP address to type in for the hub IP. I want my hub to be open and public so that anybody can join in. I want  it to appear in the hublists as well. also, i want the connection to be MY OWN DOMAIN .com if it is possible.

So what are the steps and how can i do this for free if that is possible.

the-master

There's no IP needed in settings on PtokaX, you better use your own domain and set your domain to your IP.
You don't have a problem with PtokaX, but with other stuff.
Some hublists are auto pinging by Pto's settings, others need you to register and add your hubs addy manualy.
Some help: http://wiki.ptokax.org/doku.php
keep on sharing :)

RDBN23

i am trying but hub says connection timed out. i cannot do this on my own. I need help. I already have the client running but now what? what do i type in the settings? i want the hub to be public as well.

the-master

Hub can't say connection timeout, your client does.
Do not mess with settings unless you're sure its wrong.
Try connecting to your hub with addy "localhost" in clients settings, if its running you should be able to get in.
Test your domain if it's setup the way it should by opening a cmd-line and use command "ping your-domain-name".
It should resolve and ping to your IP
If you still can't get in though your-domain-name, check settings on it's website.
Like I told you before, you're not having issues with ptokax, but with your network etc.

TiMeTrAVelleR

anywick

I'm trying to do the same thing too but I'm a newbiew. Would be cool if there was a tutorial somewhere.

the-master

You should be clever enough to do so, but if not, forget it.. and another reason.. why do you want a hub? You'll have to start with 0 users.. takes a pretty long time to grow. :matrix:

RDBN23

Quote from: the-master on 19 February, 2017, 17:41:17
You should be clever enough to do so, but if not, forget it.. and another reason.. why do you want a hub? You'll have to start with 0 users.. takes a pretty long time to grow. :matrix:
i dont care about users

i just have a hard time setting this up. i tried different software. i asked online on other sites for tutorials and i still get no luck.

i want to set up a public hub. i have a domain if that means anything.

show me the light  :blush:

the-master

well..sorry, but I'm done helping in this case. Having a domain says nothing if you don't know how to use it properly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk