Others can't get in my hub

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Others can't get in my hub

Started by Gielmobiell, 26 November, 2004, 17:54:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gielmobiell

I created (With some help) a hub.. Now I can get in by connecting 127.0.0.1.. But when I try with another name, and fill in my no-ip adress he says, connection refused bij target machine.. Anyone an idea?

bolamix

Hi, if your hub is on the same machine as your dc++, then you can only connect by using 127.0.0.1 or localhost. Using the no-ip address won't work.
But other people should be able to connect to your hub with the no-ip address if you set things right on your end (ie firewall, router, NAT, etc) and the hub is running (don't forget the "Start hub" button :P)
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

Gielmobiell

QuoteOriginally posted by bolamix
Hi, if your hub is on the same machine as your dc++, then you can only connect by using 127.0.0.1 or localhost. Using the no-ip address won't work.
But other people should be able to connect to your hub with the no-ip address if you set things right on your end (ie firewall, router, NAT, etc) and the hub is running (don't forget the "Start hub" button :P)

The Hub is running.. I don't have an idea ifhe settings of my Router are right.. When I open a port, my internet connection disappears.. Don't know how it's possible (Belkin Router).. I think I need some help with it..

(Excuse me for the bad English)

Gielmobiell

QuoteOriginally posted by Gielmobiell
.. When I open a port, my internet connection disappears..

This part of the problem is solved.. But still, connection refused by target machine,, I opened port 411, and even with the firewalls down, (Including windows) nothing.. Anyone an idea?

bastya_elvtars

.. When I open a port, my internet connection disappears..

This part of the problem is solved.. But still, connection refused by target machine,, I opened port 411, and even with the firewalls down, (Including windows) nothing.. Anyone an idea?

//www.dslreports.com/faq/dc

btw you should have other ports open IMHO, i have no time 2 look 4 ya - please 4give me ;p
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

n1ck

Get a mate or someone you trust to connect to you using your IP address not the no-ip addy!
dcuk.direct-connect.co.uk

**compiled bots are like what microsoft is to open source!**

Gielmobiell

Problem solved:).. Thnx all for your help.. Some more people in my hub should be nice now:)

vadertje

hi i have a question

ptokax run on port?  tcp1209 and second tcp 411
and udp 1209

but how must i add it in my router ?????

swee

U decide wich port it should run on that is completly up To you.
And how to change it in your router it depends on the router.
But U will have to login to the router and open the ports (for ptokax of your choice) pointing to the correct computer.(where your ptokax is Running) ;)

Belive portforwarding is nice site for diffrent routershttp://portforward.com/routers.htm
regards /swee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk