looking for tool to automatically restart PtokaX when it crashes

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

looking for tool to automatically restart PtokaX when it crashes

Started by yepyepyep4711, 20 January, 2004, 18:05:05

Previous topic - Next topic

yepyepyep4711

Hi there,

I've been using Knoton Dev Application Watch Guard, but since the last OS Update, it doesn't work anymore.

Anyone an idea?

Greets

plop

2 programs working 2gether.
app2service and restart services.
max downtime of 1 minute.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

yepyepyep4711

thx plop, but I'm looking for freeware ;)

so I got srvany instead of app2services, but now what can I use to monitor the service and restart it when it stops? ?(

????L?F??

humm, I could build one if you want

may take a while tho, kinda busy, pm me if your interested
Whos ya daddy  :]

yepyepyep4711

but let's wait a little longer, in case someone comes up with a brilliant idea ;)

If not, well sure!

????L?F??

hehe, well im always happy to help out!

anything you need, i'll always be here ^^
Whos ya daddy  :]

iNFERNo

I have a better solution: put this in the Server. That's the best option, hopefully will be in the next release.

NotRabidWombat

lol... if the program crashes... how is it supposed to restart itself?

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by NotRabidWombat
lol... if the program crashes... how is it supposed to restart itself?

-NotRabidWombat

he he he, true, but you got less chance of a mini prog (not doing much) crash, then ptokax, it still would work for a bit extra chance ;)
Resistance is futile!

pHaTTy

you cud always set ptokax to serve on startup, and then make little prog to check on port 411 every now and then, if no connections after a certain length of time, it can execute the ptokax.exe (just a thought)
Resistance is futile!

NotRabidWombat

The easiest way to do it in Windows is either hook into PtokaX and detect the failure OR just check the windows title for PtokaX.

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

[]Carnage[]

The easiest way is just to make a Bat file (good o'l dos )

Just like this :

:start
C:\DCHub\testdrive4\PtokaX.exe
goto start

Just keep the dos box open and when the hub crashes it restarts it imediatly .. nice and simple  :D

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by []Carnage[]
The easiest way is just to make a Bat file (good o'l dos )

Just like this :

:start
C:\DCHub\testdrive4\PtokaX.exe
goto start

Just keep the dos box open and when the hub crashes it restarts it imediatly .. nice and simple  :D

hmm i recomment no on etrys this method LOL, unless u want to kill windows heheh
Resistance is futile!

Wiz

Why not just download firedaemon. The lite version is free and run any app as a service. To run more then one app the Pro version is required.

yepyepyep4711

QuoteOriginally posted by Wiz
Why not just download firedaemon. The lite version is free and run any app as a service. To run more then one app the Pro version is required.
firedeamon doesn't restart an app when it crashes, does it?

And NO, I definitely won't use that batch looool :D

Wiz

Well i had a problem that ptokax crashed when been running for some time (i guess everyone got that problem) and everytime it crash the program is closed (at least that is what happen to me). In firedaemon it's set to restart the program upon program exit. So it still crash for me after been running for some time, but then firedaemon start the app again and ptokax is set to start automatically. So yes it will restart ptokax after a crash. Another good thing is that it will run as a service so if your computer crash and restart automatically so will ptokax and you are no longer required to logon to windows to get it started.

kepp

Im not so far on my VB Knowledge, but if you could find out with an application wether another application crashed then you could just launch it back up..
Guarding    

yepyepyep4711

thx a lot whiz, I didn't now that about FireDeamon (well they weren't showing off about it on their webpage ;) )

BlazeXxX

Here is the Home page link if anyone wants to get the program: Download HERE

SaintSinner

there ya go
http://www.firedaemon.com/

EDIT

ahh you edited Blaze...lol

BlazeXxX

ahaa oops i did it again lol. Ye just searched in google and thought of editing lol.

c h i l l a

ptokax never crashed :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk