Explain command for text File

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Explain command for text File

Started by 6Marilyn6Manson6, 18 April, 2007, 10:53:28

Previous topic - Next topic

6Marilyn6Manson6

PtokaX have this command:

!reloadtxt - Ricarica tutti i file di testo.

My request is:
can you PPk added:

!addtxt - Added new text File.
   !deltxt - Delete text File.
   !showtxt - Show all text File.
   !changetxt <nametxt> <bodytxt>- Change text File (Syntax: !changetxt rules "NewRule ecc ecc").

Thanks

achiever

great idea 6Marilyn6Manson6

was this request ever considered? i mean can it be done or is it already being worked on or whats on.
as this will be helpful.

plzz reply.
thks
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

You can do this with a script.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

achiever

what difference it would do to have such a script and have this in ptokax, except the the time involved to change?
thks,
achiever.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: achiever on 17 May, 2007, 14:14:17
what difference it would do to have such a script and have this in ptokax, except the the time involved to change?

There would be none. I am not sure how !addtxt should work, though.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bastya_elvtars

Well, if one does not want a function there is the option to not use it, but this indeed should be scripted since it's goddamn easy.

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote from: Mutor on 18 May, 2007, 11:19:54
Assume that not all users
want these text functions at all.

YnHUB have all this commands

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: 6Marilyn6Manson6 on 19 May, 2007, 00:54:03
YnHUB have all this commands

So what? Then let's make PtokaX so it uses MySQL for everything like Verli (and that's the stupidest thing ever, a hubserver depending on an RDBMS).

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 19 May, 2007, 00:57:26
So what? Then let's make PtokaX so it uses MySQL for everything like Verli (and that's the stupidest thing ever, a hubserver depending on an RDBMS).

;D I don't see the problem for added this request  ::)

bastya_elvtars

It's already scripted BTW. This is why PtokaX supports scripting.

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 19 May, 2007, 01:07:55
It's already scripted BTW. This is why PtokaX supports scripting.

Exist scripts of all PtokaX commands......why not delete all Inbuild commands in PtokaX?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: 6Marilyn6Manson6 on 19 May, 2007, 01:36:30
Exist scripts of all PtokaX commands......why not delete all Inbuild commands in PtokaX?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was wondering this too. It would be much better if scripts provided that functionality as it would be a great ooprtunity to learn.

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 19 May, 2007, 01:58:06
I was wondering this too. It would be much better if scripts provided that functionality as it would be a great ooprtunity to learn.

Yeah, PPK delete all commands Inbuild of PtokaX  ;D

Naithif

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 19 May, 2007, 01:58:06

Yeah, so all people who:
1 Don't wanna learn scripting
2 Unable to find a suitable script they need

would leave PtokaX, or use an all-in-one script just to be able to config simple parts  ;D

But! - If they use an all-in-one script just to config stuff that's simple and can be built in that's the same/worse...

In the end, that leads to removing 'not needed for everyone' options, creating only basic functions in the hub (that's fine), but on the other hand it would lead to use all-in-one (with some/lots of 'not needed for everyone' functions) scripts by a great deal of users, and that's not even a hint of learning

PPK

Here is no reason to remove inbuild commands. Many users need them, and if anyone want is easy to disable or replace them with script.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote from: Naithif on 19 May, 2007, 12:12:18
Yeah, so all people who:
1 Don't wanna learn scripting
2 Unable to find a suitable script they need

This is another reason for added my request  ::)
Quote from: PPK on 19 May, 2007, 21:55:28
Many users need them, and if anyone want is easy to disable or replace them with script.

Same...This is another reason for added my request  ;D
If a user want script for this 4 commands use script, if don't want use a script he have all in PtokaX

Madman

Well, now there is a script with ONLY these commands. So i see no reason to add them to PtokaX.
And why wouldnt you want to run a script? That's the whole idea with PtokaX...
We suffer in silence, we lurk in the shadows, we kill in the night
Site currently down, ETA of returning online is 2099 ;p

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk