Text File Messaging Script Request.

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Text File Messaging Script Request.

Started by Metaphase, 30 April, 2006, 19:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Metaphase

Hi all.

Its been some time since I last posted on this site, and I must say things have changed a fair bit since then. Lots of new faces.? :) I have tried seaching for scripts that might do what I need but I could not find any. If there are any existing posts the please point me in the right direction.

I am looking for an LUA 5 script that will call specified text files from the ptokax text folder and post them either in main or pm. I need this script to be customisable in the respect of the following...

Able to change access rights by profile with right click accessability. Something like this if possible...

function NewUserConnected(user) 
	if sTable.tAllowList[user.iProfile] == 1 then 
		user:SendData("$UserCommand 1 1 "..sTable["Menu"].."\\Mass Message\\Send to Main$<%[mynick]> !hson&#124;|")
		user:SendData("$UserCommand 1 1 "..sTable["Menu"].."\\Mass Message\\Send to PM$<%[mynick]> !hsoff&#124;|")
	end 
? SetTimer(1000)
? StartTimer()
end 

OpConnected = NewUserConnected

tAllowList = { 
		[0] = 1,		--// Master Profile	(enabled)
		[1] = 1,		--// Ops Profile		(enabled)
		[2] = 1,		--// VIP Profile		(enabled)		? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?--// Profiles Allowed to use the command? 1 = yes? / 0 = No
		[3] = 0,		--// REG Profile		(Disabled)
		[4] = 1,		--// Moderator Profile	(enabled)
		[5] = 1,		--// Netfounder Profile	(enabled)
	},

Obviously incomplete!? ;)

Although access to starting the script would be limitted to the allow list, it would need to be seen by all users or designated user profiles. It would also need to ask for the name of the .txt file you would like to send.

Any help you guys can offer would be appricated.

Metaphase

Nice one Mutor. That script done exactly what I needed it to do. All working fine.

*note to other users:? If you intend on using this script, make sure you visit http://thewildplace.dk/ and download the PxUtilities and Dependancies. This script will not work otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk