Set User Description

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Set User Description

Started by CHILLCODE?, 06 January, 2007, 19:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

CHILLCODE?

I heared now from many sources that there is need for changing the User Description Tag,
Like user.setDescription( newdescription )
many scripts till now only update the MyInfo tag by sending it again, what kinda sucks...
it could also be added as a return value in UserConnected since at that point ptokax has not sent the MyInfo to the other users,
but the user function would give more versatility.
One could then make many scripts a bit more efficient, and one could add some nice functions to GeoIP, although that would also be
quite faster if it was added to the Hubsoft, but I'm still happy with the perfromance in LUA ;).

CrazyGuy

As all users resend their MyINFO after a set period of time (and most clients even twice on login), you'll have to "edit" it again as well.
So for PtokaX, MyINFOArrival would be the best place to do this.
1 could suggest a "if script return 1, hub don't process data" for that procedure though

Thor

And, by the way, PPK mentioned a month ago, the MyINFO will be editable soon. I don't know when, but I think it's still on the todo list ;)

CHILLCODE?

Yup a block for $MyINFO does seem good, then you can chose yourself what to do with it,
I mean you can fuck it up anyways by sending a wrong second one, so it wouldn't make any difference.

The best in performance I would think would be beeing able to add a string infront of the regular user description,
then ptokax can update it all by itsself when getting new MyINFO's but less versatile of course, but enough for my
things.

sure there is no need its certainly just a request, I do need to have lunch now...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk