PM Spy - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PM Spy

Started by the_pest, 01 March, 2005, 18:37:35

Previous topic - Next topic

6Marilyn6Manson6

QuoteOriginally posted by jiten
Marylin, I just stated my personal opinion about PM Spying. If u don't like it, it's up to u.

PS: That "stupid" comment of urs was hilarious. Have u seen the "wanna be hacker" thread? It almost made me laugh that much... Btw, why treble posting?

Marilyn not Marylin ;)

6Marilyn6Manson6

QuoteOriginally posted by jiten
Marylin, I just stated my personal opinion about PM Spying. If u don't like it, it's up to u.

PS: That "stupid" comment of urs was hilarious. Have u seen the "wanna be hacker" thread? It almost made me laugh that much... Btw, why treble posting?

PM SPY is original Made of NightLitch but... when NightLitch made it...... no one has done polemic  ;)

6Marilyn6Manson6

QuoteOriginally posted by madman
QuoteOriginally posted by 6Marilyn6Manson6
I repeat:

in Direct Connect doesn't exist any privacy law therefore I don't consider fair blaming the Stravides script...It is a script as others...Examine your own conscience..See Ya next time

It's common sense... PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE

Here Not Exist LAW OF PRIVACY

Dessamator

QuoteOriginally posted by madman
I repeat:

in Direct Connect doesn't exist any privacy law therefore I don't consider fair blaming the Stravides script...It is a script as others...Examine your own conscience..See Ya next time

It's common sense... PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE

Here Not Exist LAW OF PRIVACY

ok then, u want to talk about laws, why are u using dc, its against the law to download copyrighted materials, so why are u doing it, "stupidity"?
Ignorance is Bliss.

bastya_elvtars

Quoteits against the law to download copyrighted materials

Only in U. S.

-- // edit

What is the sense of spying privmessages again? Because I still cannot see it clearly.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

6Marilyn6Manson6

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
Quoteits against the law to download copyrighted materials

Only in U. S.

Not only in U.S.... idem in Italy ;)

bastya_elvtars

1) SHARING is illegal, not downloading. Think before speaking (if possible in this thread).

2) OK, I read the thread again, and about advertisers: if you have capabilities to review all PMs then hats off to you... otherwise adv filtering CAN be done through script as accurately as human power. You are talking of ivory towers, while YOU are who are in ivory towers.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

6Marilyn6Manson6

1) SHARING is illegal, not downloading. Think before speaking (if possible in this thread).

2) OK, I read the thread again, and about advertisers: if you have capabilities to review all PMs then hats off to you... otherwise adv filtering CAN be done through script as accurately as human power. You are talking of ivory towers, while YOU are who are in ivory towers.

Bastya.. I don't want this script because I use YnHUB ;).... I've just supported Stravides' script 'cause I consider it legal....we're here for chatting, and not for polemics ;)

Dessamator

indeed, i meant sharing , :D
Ignorance is Bliss.

DEEP-GOA

Quote....we're here for chatting, and not for polemics ;)
....we're here for chatting, and not for downloading ;)

....and,, tell me ur ip,, i wanna hack u!  ;)

http://deep-goa.no-ip.org
Put any term or title on me you want. What I am is what I do. I make things.

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote....and,, tell me ur ip,, i wanna hack u!  ;)

ahahahah you're funny :D

Stravides

QuoteOriginally posted by Dessamator
ok then stravides and everybody else, would u like it if the users saw all ur pvt conversations?, if u do, then enable the command for all users, dont leave it only for the OPs,
 if u dont want ppl to have pvts in ur hub just disable it through scripting that would solve that prob,

otherwise ur just being nonsensical !!

Quite.... Again you miss the point...

I have explained the usage of my pm detector - and there is, in my case a requirement to send pm's to the user therefore to remove PM's is not really practical.

Same way as other coders have placed a "no chat for unregged users"... well isnt that against the right to free speech ??

I personally do not care about using PM's only reason I use it is to direct to a particular user so they definately see it... so I dont mind anyone seeing them..

As I said in one of your other comment Dessamator... less attitude, more help please.

Again if you read the comments I have placed, I do not hold with the comments that other people are making here.  Attack the problem not the people !
Stravides
For RPG Books, Mp3 & Videos
We host trivia  and the ever failing Smeagolbot

6Marilyn6Manson6

QuoteOriginally posted by Stravides
ok then stravides and everybody else, would u like it if the users saw all ur pvt conversations?, if u do, then enable the command for all users, dont leave it only for the OPs,
 if u dont want ppl to have pvts in ur hub just disable it through scripting that would solve that prob,

I have explained the usage of my pm detector - and there is, in my case a requirement to send pm's to the user therefore to remove PM's is not really practical.

Same way as other coders have placed a "no chat for unregged users"... well isnt that against the right to free speech ??

I personally do not care about using PM's only reason I use it is to direct to a particular user so they definately see it... so I dont mind anyone seeing them..

As I said in one of your other comment Dessamator... less attitude, more help please.

Again if you read the comments I have placed, I do not hold with the comments that other people are making here.  Attack the problem not the people !

Stravides FOREVER... I'm with you ;) go go goooooooo

Dessamator

ur usage might have merit, the prob is that script will be used mostly for spying on other ppl conversation, its much better just to use trigs, rather than keep snooping, but hey thats just me way of seeing it, mayb im wrong !
Ignorance is Bliss.

Stravides

I see all of these points ....
I agree with the possible misuse factor - but then again theres that with all coding after all the trivia might lead to a group of know it alls that take over the government hehehehe  unlikely as 1st rule of a politician is to book the labotomy....

Again the problem is not the coding its the derogatory commentary associated with such...

ANYWAYS..... As the french like to say
an egg is a nine or "an oeuf is a neuf" leave the bickering to the children
Stravides

bastya_elvtars

other coders have placed a "no chat for unregged users"... well isnt that against the right to free speech ??

1) Now you see why I do not code such tools.

2) Mute should be considered as illegal then.

Herodes

beware of the difference between the phrases:
against common sense
illegal act

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by Herodes
beware of the difference between the phrases:
against common sense
illegal act

I have just obtained a master level (medical) english language exam, I know the difference. :P

I just wanted to use their words. I dislike these ideas very much, and sometimes I am wondering what people wanna bring out of a centralized p2p network... I just keep repeating myself: DC (not ++!) is not what it used to be a year ago... and this is not my single opinion.

Stravides

I take it that enough wasnt enough then :)

I was just pointing out *sarcastically* that there are ways and means of twisting meanings or misquoting to ones own end..   it's really irrelevant what the usages are for these code snippets - if you visit the persons hub thats a different matter, but unless you do - wheres the harm..

we all want different things from our hubs - if we didnt we'd just use one of the monoliths that are out there..
Stravides

kepp

Stravides, I personally don't care what sort of hub you are running, WHY you spy on your users and so forth..
that is not my problem....
My problem is that it is being posted at this forum.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in making such a script
just as it is not wrong to make a hub-flooder but here comes the BUT, only for learning & private use, no public sharing,
and that is unfortunatelly just what you did for a while :(

Stravides:
If you want to help a user by giving him his request of a
PM-Spy bot, you should have written the script in a PRIVATE
message to that user, thereby PRIVATE and this conversation would never have taken place.
I hope you've learned from this misstake and if not search
for other requests of such bots and look at the answers.

OK; nuff said for me, BE NICE on eachother :D

// Kepp
Guarding    

Stravides

QuoteOriginally posted by kepp

1.  Stravides, I personally don't care what sort of hub you are running, WHY you spy on your users and so forth..

2.  If you want to help a user by giving him his request of a PM-Spy bot, you should have written the script in a PRIVATE message to that user, thereby PRIVATE and this conversation would never have taken place.

3.  I hope you've learned from this misstake and if not search for other requests of such bots and look at the answers.

4.  OK; nuff said for me, BE NICE on eachother :D

// Kepp

1.  You are entitled to your point of view, but then again i still cannot see why its a problem to you..

2.  So this forum is now to be renamed "LUAScripts the PtokaX APPROVED script resource" then is it ?  

3.  I'm an old dog I'm afraid... ;)  but will try to learn from the experience

4.  Again as I think i've said before it was your comment that fueled this discussion.  So if you want to say "OK; nuff said for me, BE NICE on each other"  try not to start the conversation with the thread "lame"..  I thought I was being nice.... its that marilyn chap thats the rebel rouser hehehe

regards
Stravvie
Stravides

uffetjur

theres always an option in robocop to add "safe advertise" links so that wouldnt be a problem
Somewhere in Cyberspace

kepp

QuoteOriginally posted by kepp

1.  Stravides, I personally don't care what sort of hub you are running, WHY you spy on your users and so forth..

2.  If you want to help a user by giving him his request of a PM-Spy bot, you should have written the script in a PRIVATE message to that user, thereby PRIVATE and this conversation would never have taken place.

3.  I hope you've learned from this misstake and if not search for other requests of such bots and look at the answers.

4.  OK; nuff said for me, BE NICE on eachother :D

// Kepp

1.  You are entitled to your point of view, but then again i still cannot see why its a problem to you..

2.  So this forum is now to be renamed "LUAScripts the PtokaX APPROVED script resource" then is it ?  

3.  I'm an old dog I'm afraid... ;)  but will try to learn from the experience

4.  Again as I think i've said before it was your comment that fueled this discussion.  So if you want to say "OK; nuff said for me, BE NICE on each other"  try not to start the conversation with the thread "lame"..  I thought I was being nice.... its that marilyn chap thats the rebel rouser hehehe

regards
Stravvie

I will not bother answering 1,2 nor 3 as if i do the conversation will continue forever and soon with a topic out of the blue..

4 however, i will...
my lame post may have started it, but also look the posibilty that your script of an allready removed script by phatty could just aswell have started it... Nobody knows..
lol

Anyway, im off for bed,  :P
Guarding    

??????Hawk??????

hmmmm

to repeat

PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE  

the Ptokax Command

SendPmToNick(ToNick, FromNick, Data)   - Data without ending | !

you see the the pattern  ...  

PM  

If you want to  SPY / Eavesdrop   on your user then go ahead  .. Learn the code and create it yourself..

NO respectable Scripter in this forum Will post  Such a LAME   script

This thread is littred with  Lame Excuses ,stupid comments ,  and non called for INSULTS
Quotejiten.. you're very stupid ;)

the ONLY STUPID ppl in here are the ones that think PM means anything else But PRIVATE MESSAGES.

. Advertising in pm,  Fixed with appropriate script
. Dungeons and dragons,  hmmmm YEH ( unique excuse though )
. PM spying , LAME ( get a LIFE )

Stravides

Everything was calming down until another geek in his ivory tower decendeth.....

Listen chum ... as I said before I dont give a flying rats ass for your opinion and as such think YOU are the lame one for your commentary..  
Again it all depends upon the usage...

I have 3 hubs and only 1 is monitored PM - The Roleplay hub !

I respect the privacy in the other two !!!

Therefore lets get back to the subject in hand and stop bickering like children ---  Oh and you "coders from on high" can go back to your towers now.....
Stravides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk