Force Share Hide by Profiles

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Force Share Hide by Profiles

Started by Requiem, 02 April, 2005, 14:50:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

Is there any kinda force share hide by profiles script for LUA 5?

bastya_elvtars

You mean resending myinfo strings of desired profiles with 0 share? If you have bandwidth to waste, there will be somebody to make it for you I bet.  :P
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Requiem

I only need to hide share for ops.. Legal stuff.. BW is not important ( 1000 users in 100 Mbit )

bastya_elvtars

Why do you want to hide share of operators?

BTW it would be far more secure to block search responses/uploads from operators to unreg users or wtf, since even if the ops have a 'fake-0' share, they can still send search responses, therefore their stuff can still be seen. Hope you got my point. :)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Quattro

advise your ops to use the new dcdm, it has hide share option in it :D
quattro-place.no-ip.com:1418
PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.09 Not Running :(
wdp10.no-ip.info:1412
DCH++ v1.0-Release (Plugin API v1.0) Special Quattro? Build
For DCH scripting and plugins

Requiem

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
Why do you want to hide share of operators?

Because of legal stuff, as you know..  I absolutely got your point of view; but how does YnHub work? Does it block SR from OPs when configured as Force Share Hiding?

QuoteOriginally posted by Quattro
advise your ops to use the new dcdm, it has hide share option in it :D

In our hub, 35 OPs are regged, so it is nearly impossible to tell each make their share 0 or use DCDM 0.042, some really dont like it..

Maybe the best solution is to delete every OP from db except me  ;)

bastya_elvtars

If YOU don't share, then no legal stuff any longer, and even this goes only if you use the same PC. You will have to disable the features I told above if you still want it, dunno about YnHUB, i fucking hate it.

Typhoon

Sounds like a feature request to Ptokax :) ...

Request in the correct thread then ppk will respond to it :)

Typhoon?

Skrollster

QuoteOriginally posted by Requiem
but how does YnHub work? Does it block SR from OPs when configured as Force Share Hiding?

it blocks all $search to the client with hidden share and blocks  all incomming connect to me requests...

but it isn't flawless.. if you connect to a user, then he can get your fillist and download from you....

Requiem

QuoteOriginally posted by Typhoon?
Sounds like a feature request to Ptokax :) ...

Request in the correct thread then ppk will respond to it :)

Typhoon?

As long as there is no " Feature Requests "  part of this forum for PtokaX, there is no exact correct thread to post this  ;)  But I'll post this in  " PtokaX ? Discussion / Help "  section...

Feature Request thread here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk