Conversion script

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Conversion script

Started by Jorgo, 13 April, 2006, 13:11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorgo

Something I haven't seen before. The premise is that in most hubs, metric and english system users chat together and as soon as lengths, weights or degrees are discussed, confusion ensues.

I was thinking about a script that would convert values introduced in chat into their english or metric equivalents. This could either be done manually with a triggered/right-click bot or preferably automatically by a bot saying the converted values in main chat.

I'll leave it up to you to discuss how and what of the above can be done since you're all much better at evaluating the technical possibililties ;-)

Dessamator

If i recall correctly, a similar script was made by chilla some time ago, and it should work for you, although im unsure if its in lua 5 or not.
Ignorance is Bliss.

Jorgo

Thanks for the first hint... now if somebody could give me some more meat :)

Dessamator

Well chilla's script was called "Exchange-Convert-V.1" and it was in lua4 , Hawk attempted to convert it, but im unsure if he managed to complete it, if you've got conversion skills, and arent lazy, you can attempt to do(convert) it.
Ignorance is Bliss.

Jorgo

If I had any skills other than power-nagging, I'd write in "finished" instead of "requests"  ;D

Dessamator

Well, as long as you have searching skills, you might find it .
Ignorance is Bliss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk