PtokaX 0.3.3.1 released... - Page 3

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX 0.3.3.1 released...

Started by PPK, 10 June, 2005, 02:21:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubikk

You guys still don't understant...
I already knew this information about rmDC++. I know it's a very buggy clients and the fact that other clients are better.
The reason why me and some friends of mine still user this program is our concern. Users from my hub including the admin (that's me) would like to continue using rmDC until a better version of Strong DC will appear.
PtokaX shouldn't interdict any clients... the admin should if he feels that's a right thing to do for his users.
I am the admin.. i have decided to keep rmDC users on my hub.. so, what can I do about that ?  Absolutely nothing...   X(

??????Hawk??????

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubikk
I already knew this information about rmDC++. I know it's a very buggy clients and the fact that other clients are better.
The reason why me and some friends of mine still user this program is our concern. Users from my hub including the admin (that's me) would like to continue using rmDC until a better version of Strong DC will appear.
PtokaX shouldn't interdict any clients... the admin should if he feels that's a right thing to do for his users.
I am the admin.. i have decided to keep rmDC users on my hub.. so, what can I do about that ?  Absolutely nothing...   X(

SHeeeeeesh  I GIVE IN..

USE ANOTHER HUB SOFT M8  ...   Problem solved...

* EDIT *

Unless you have Paid for the Software you have ABSOLUTLY NO  right to display Anger in your Posts..

Dessamator

u do theres freedom of choice, u can choose another hubsoft, u can refrain from upgrading to the newest version, you can do what ttb suggested and many many other choices !
Ignorance is Bliss.

Ubikk

sorry.. i'm not angry... :)
Anyway, I agree with you... rmDC is the problem, not PtokaX. I will stop from upgrading my hubsoft until I'll get a decent version of Strong DC.

P.S: I love PtokaX to much, so I can't just use another hubsoft  :D

TTB

Didn't you try then to set you rmDC++ client in another mode (like I posted before)??
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

Pothead

Why not accept that rmDC is a illegal buggy pile of shit, and just upgrade to a decent client. :) hehe.  As for Strong DC, it's not hard to get either the Release builds or CVS ones. :)

TTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Pothead
Why not accept that rmDC is a illegal buggy pile of shit, and just upgrade to a decent client. :) hehe.  As for Strong DC, it's not hard to get either the Release builds or CVS ones. :)

Well.. I agree with that. DCDM++ is THE client for me :P Btw Pothead, is the searchpart I requested in the new DCDM?
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

TecMaster

Both DCDM++ and StrongDC is much better alternative ...

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by ruspant
I've got a nasty someone who enjoys himself flooding my hub with connections a couple of time a day...
The problem is  ptokax (0.3.3.1 dbg) crashes any time.
ruspant, post the bug log here please = click here

Ubikk

I already have strong dc cvs114.. it's just that i'm not satisfied with this progam yet..  it still need some improvments ;)
Anyway... until i get what i'll want from a dc client, i'll continue to use rmDC :) Anyway, today i'll test DCDM++ .. who knows.. maybe i'll get lucky :)

P.S: i already know rmDC is a buggy pile of shit :D but i have my reasons  :rolleyes:

blackwings

P.S: i already know rmDC is a buggy pile of shit :D but i have my reasons  :rolleyes:
because it has multi download right :P personally I think multi-source download clients just ruins it for everyone, because you take some of several peoples upload, which gives less to others. It maybe ok when 1 user has it, but when there are several or many, everyone upload gets screwed. So really, change to a better client, like dcdm++ and for non ops, dc++.

Rahxie

delete it, it's detected as spyware by mcaffee and its known to be infected with spyware, also it's not opensource ;)

Pothead

QuoteOriginally posted by TTB
Btw Pothead, is the searchpart I requested in the new DCDM?
Only thing which has been done so far since the release is the fix Gandalf posted for the Column order bug (the column stuff is CZDC code, but CZDC doesn't have that bug ?( ).
http://www.imperialnet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1792

As for autosearch, Sulan doesn't want this in DCDM, because of memory leaks from searching in 0.401. ?(

I already have strong dc cvs114.. it's just that i'm not satisfied with this progam yet..  it still need some improvments ;)
Anyway... until i get what i'll want from a dc client, i'll continue to use rmDC :) Anyway, today i'll test DCDM++ .. who knows.. maybe i'll get lucky :)
Leechers don't generally like DCDM, for more reason than one.  :] You need improvements in Strong ? It's better than rmDC, but you still need improvements ? Okay then, whatever. ?(
Have a look at other leecher clients, like Reverse Connect, LDC, zDC, RCDM++.  May suit you better. :)

Ubikk

the improvment i'm waiting is very minor  :D
It's related to their users interface... i'm waiting for them to release a version wich has smilies in PM too, not only in mainchat  :P

Madman

the improvment i'm waiting is very minor  :D
It's related to their users interface... i'm waiting for them to release a version wich has smilies in PM too, not only in mainchat  :P

If you talking about Strong.. There allready is...
I belive it always has been.....
We suffer in silence, we lurk in the shadows, we kill in the night
Site currently down, ETA of returning online is 2099 ;p

Ubikk

Sorry.. i meant the smilie button like in mainchat ! :D
Besides... I don't like the fact that : - ) works for :) and : ) doesnt work and other things like that...  :D

If I could only get a plugin to fix these things i would delete rmDC in a second  :D

blackwings

Besides... I don't like the fact that : - ) works for :) and : ) doesnt work and other things like that...  :D
heh, so the reason for using rmdc is just because of its smilies :P

Ubikk

QuoteOriginally posted by blackwings
heh, so the reason for using rmdc is just because of its smilies :P

well..  i like the interface :D In rest, i'm not satisfied at all with the program.. besides... I dont use it to download that much... i just like to chat with my friends on my hub  :D

(total uploaded: 832,45 GB total downloaded: 13,23 GB)  :]

PPK

I've got a nasty someone who enjoys himself flooding my hub with connections a couple of time a day...
The problem is  ptokax (0.3.3.1 dbg) crashes any time.
Is sad but it looks like someone find how to crash PtokaX with use of bug in Windows, as you see in your crashlog here is nothing from PtokaX it show only system .dlls X( I try to find any solution... but i don't have now any idea, it looks imposible to fix :(
Any hints ?
You find hint yourself, ban on fw is now only way to protect hub :(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Dessamator

all this trouble because of smilies, thats really interesting, use msn messenger or something, ur forgetting that one of dc's primary task is download and not chatting :), and Ptokax just facilitates that task !
Ignorance is Bliss.

Pothead

Any way to not use them DLL's ? :)

ruspant

PPK, Ptokax should obviously listen to winsock connections to recognize the incoming IP...
It would be nice if ptokax could send the flooder IP to an IP blocking app (FW).
Now I've got 2 problems:
1) how could ptokax invoke external commands ?
2) what kind of FW cound accept a new blocking rule coming from a command line ?

Obviously I'm using my fantasy trying to help you to find new solutions.  I don't actually know if this way should go :P

Most of italian connection uses dynamic IP assignements so firewalling sets a really short time solution...

I'm also wondering about an IP filtering driver (protowall-like) linked by ptokax, which could also have a low level ban list ... but i guess it's a hard fantasy  :D

Best regards

PPK

Any way to not use them DLL's ? :)
How do you want to use PtokaX without using winsock  ?( :D But you got point, nl_lsp.dll is not windows dll... now only find wtf is this and kill it because i don't have this dll in my system and here PtokaX not crash on connection flood :]
PPK, Ptokax should obviously listen to winsock connections
And netlimiter (thx Pothead to kick me to find where is problem) do it too and crashing your PtokaX :D Maybe is time for you to use another app instead of buglimiter :] PtokaX is not alone who is crashed by netlimiter, for example from DC ... StrongDC++ have with this problem too and if you use google then you find more other apps having this problems because netlimiter  X(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Ubikk

QuoteOriginally posted by Dessamator
all this trouble because of smilies, thats really interesting, use msn messenger or something, ur forgetting that one of dc's primary task is download and not chatting :), and Ptokax just facilitates that task !

Don't get me wrong .. the users from my hub are completly satisfied with the download part ;) but fortunately they are very active and lots of them use rmDC++ that's why they like their chat to be as pleasent as possible... anyway.. i suggest ending the rmDC problem here... (this is a topic about PtokaX anyway...) i will upgrade to strongdc soon .. so i guess the "block rmdc client" option wont bug me anymore  :D

I just hope that in the near future PtokaX developers won't block StrongDC as well..  :rolleyes:

blackwings

I just hope that in the near future PtokaX developers won't block StrongDC as well..  :rolleyes:
I dont think so. strongdc++ doesn't have buggy support/myinfo, so their shouldn't be a reason for future version of ptokax to block strongdc++

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk