IP Script for PtokaX

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

IP Script for PtokaX

Started by [DM]Razor?, 25 September, 2004, 21:03:10

Previous topic - Next topic

[DM]Razor?

Hi all..

I am looking for a script to ptokax so it binds peoples IP to their account. Cant find it anywhere  X(

Anyone know where i can obtain it ?

nErBoS

Hi,

I didn't understood your request. You want a IP script that bind his IP to a account, which account ???

Best regards, nErBoS
--## nErBoS Spot ##--

[DM]Razor?

Am looking for a script, theres binding the users IP to his/her account in a hub (PtokaX).

[DM]Razor?

Here goes again, in the lack of expressing myself  :D

I run a hub, using PtokaX hub soft. I need to bind the Operators/Masters etc. accounts to their IP address to prevent hackers from stealing their accounts.

So, im looking for a script that can do that. Have looked many places but cant find it. My last hope is that someone here can help me.

Regards

[DM]Razor?

nErBoS

Hi,

Let me see if i understood you want a Script that prvents hackers form get pass ??? If yes, that is not possible to protect with a script only by a good firewall. The only way the account can be steal is by knowing the user pass and for that they need access to your PC.

Best regards, nErBoS
--## nErBoS Spot ##--

VidFamne

This is just an idea of how it could be done.
Havent tested it.
tbl = {	["OpNickHere1"] = "111.222.333.444",
	["OpnickHere2"] = "111.222.123.123",
	--and so on.......................
	}

function OpConnected(user)
	if tbl[user.sName] == user.sIP then return 0
	else user:Disconnect(); end
end

[DM]Razor?

QuoteOriginally posted by [DM]Razor?
Here goes again, in the lack of expressing myself  :D

I run a hub, using PtokaX hub soft. I need to bind the Operators/Masters etc. accounts to their IP address to prevent hackers from stealing their accounts.

So, im looking for a script that can do that. Have looked many places but cant find it. My last hope is that someone here can help me.

I cant express myself better than this. No offence, but my guess are that you arent that good at english  ?(

[DM]Razor?

QuoteOriginally posted by VidFamne
Havent tested it.
	}

end

YES!!!

It works, cool.. Thanks much..
But is it possible to add a line where it tells the users why he/she cant connect ?

Like: You account is bound to a IP address. Please contact Admin for futher information

Also, does it only works with Operators ? Howabout Masters Netfounders etc. ?

Typhoon

QuoteOriginally posted by VidFamne
Havent tested it.
	}

end

YES!!!

It works, cool.. Thanks much..
But is it possible to add a line where it tells the users why he/she cant connect ?

Like: You account is bound to a IP address. Please contact Admin for futher information

Also, does it only works with Operators ? Howabout Masters Netfounders etc. ?

It's based on all users at the hub who has a key ...
so it works for admin , master too
added a message ..

--Ip account by Vidfamne
	}

if tbl[user.sName] == user.sIP then
         return 0
      else
         user:SendData("","You cant enter because Accounts are based on correct ip's")
         user:SendData("","You can contact an admin or the owner for more information bye-bye")
         user:Disconnect() 
      end
end

Typhoon?

[DM]Razor?

Great..
Also.. Is it possible to make it so its not only the hubowner who can change the IP, but also the Masters ? (change the IP for a OP/VIP or him self)

I mean, if an OP gets a new IP, is it possible to make it so a Master can change it and not only the hubowner ?
(Like if the hubowner is N/A)

And howbout the peeps who has a dynamic IP.... Their IP changes everyday or so....
What about them ?

Does this script also count for normal reg users ?

Lot of questions (sorry) but i hope you guys can answer them  :P

[DM]Razor?

Am sorry to say so Typhoon but that dont work..

I dont get the message when im trying to connect with a wrong IP..
Just says "disconnected" or "connection reset by server"

X(

Typhoon

works now with message , and with all users
gonna add a +addnick command as soon as i get the time

--Ip account by Vidfamne
tbl = {	["??Ratcom_Typhoon???"] = "127.0.0.1",
	}

function NewUserConnected(user)
      if tbl[user.sName] == user.sIP then
         return 0
      else
         SendPmToNick(user.sName,"","You cant enter because Accounts are based on correct ip's")
         SendPmToNick(user.sName,"","You can contact an admin or the owner for more information bye-bye")
      end
end
OpConnected = NewUserConnected

Typhoon?

*EDIT*  all users that dont are in the list gets disconnectet

[DM]Razor?

I dont kow if im stupid or not, but it still dont work Typhoon?
I get disconnected, but still no message..

nErBoS

Hi,

Yes my english is not the best. Now that i have understand your request, i still give you the same advise, why a script to do that ?? A person can only still a acount by knowing a pass of a nick. Like you said some users are always changing IPs, do you want to be bug every time a user wants to come in, because his IP has been changed ???

Best regards, nErBoS
--## nErBoS Spot ##--

[DM]Razor?

QuoteOriginally posted by nErBoS
Hi,

Yes my english is not the best. Now that i have understand your request, i still give you the same advise, why a script to do that ?? A person can only still a acount by knowing a pass of a nick. Like you said some users are always changing IPs, do you want to be bug every time a user wants to come in, because his IP has been changed ???

Best regards, nErBoS

Well, if possible i want it to be for Masters and OPs only, not reg or VIP.
Also the possibility for the masters to change the IP, not only the hubowner.

QuoteA person can only steal a acount by knowing a pass of a nick

Yes, your are right. But, if i bind a specific IP to the nick, then the hacker cant use it to anything.
Extra security!

Typhoon

QuoteOriginally posted by nErBoS
Hi,

Best regards, nErBoS

Well, if possible i want it to be for Masters and OPs only, not reg or VIP.
Also the possibility for the masters to change the IP, not only the hubowner.

QuoteA person can only steal a acount by knowing a pass of a nick

Yes, your are right. But, if i bind a specific IP to the nick, then the hacker cant use it to anything.
Extra security!

i can only agree to nErBoS, and when your op's or masters change ip and come to you in pm , how can you really make sure that he/she are the persons that have an account with you.. so it's quite useless when it comes to that..
make complex passwords with letters and numbers minimum 6 chars lenght. thats about as save as it gets..

Typhoon?

[DM]Razor?

What im actually referring to is the function there is in YHub.. There it is possible to add an IP to an account..
Thats what i want.
2 days ago a dude hacked my hub, got all the passwords and redirected all peeps. I want to avoid that, and most of the accounts did have a long password with digits and letters.
He got them anyway... Sooo thats not so safe as it sounds.

Herodes

Well this script wont be checking for those ops that dont have a static ip ..
or even if that is the case,...
a hubowner can open up an email account (known only to ops )
only for that purpose so that the op would then need to confirm the time and the date the email was sent, in pm inside the hub, to the hubowner ..
then the limits of mistake and fraud are really shrinking ..

[DM]Razor?

QuoteOriginally posted by Herodes
Well this script wont be checking for those ops that dont have a static ip ..
or even if that is the case,...
a hubowner can open up an email account (known only to ops )
only for that purpose so that the op would then need to confirm the time and the date the email was sent, in pm inside the hub, to the hubowner ..
then the limits of mistake and fraud are really shrinking ..

Am not sure what you mean pal ?

Herodes

maybe I wasnt clear enough but I am confident that this is a way to deal with identifying if it is an op changing ip so that the hub owner can enter his new ip in this script ..

an email address is given to the ops from the hubowner ...

when those ops change their ip they sent an email to that email and take not of the time they sent it ..

then when the op enters the hub and pm the hubowner he quotes the time he sent his email and also his password for the login to the hub ...

This can secure the hub from foreigners logging in and pretending to be some op ...

I hope its clear .. if not pls read again .. :)

[DM]Razor?

QuoteOriginally posted by Herodes
maybe I wasnt clear enough but I am confident that this is a way to deal with identifying if it is an op changing ip so that the hub owner can enter his new ip in this script ..

an email address is given to the ops from the hubowner ...

when those ops change their ip they sent an email to that email and take not of the time they sent it ..

then when the op enters the hub and pm the hubowner he quotes the time he sent his email and also his password for the login to the hub ...

This can secure the hub from foreigners logging in and pretending to be some op ...

I hope its clear .. if not pls read again .. :)

Got ya.. Yea it was a way to do it..

But firstly, i sure hope another script will be posted here since the aboves dont work. Sure dont hope they have given me up  ?(

VidFamne

Another idea I,ve got. It will decrease the security, though.
Havent tested this either :)
	["OpWithDyn.IP"] = "I dont have so powerful commands cause I've got a dyn. IP",
	["AnotherOpWithDynIP"] = "I dont have so powerful commands cause I've got a dyn. IP",
	}

if tbl[user.sName] == user.sIP or tbl[user.sName] == "I dont have so powerful commands cause I've got a dyn. IP" then
         return 0
      else
         user:SendData("Hub-Security", "You cant enter because Accounts are based on correct ip's")
         user:SendData("Hub-Security", "You can contact an admin or the owner for more information bye-bye")
      end
end

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk