***ptokax source code

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

***ptokax source code

Started by ruler, 03 December, 2003, 22:01:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ruler

Why is there no source code for the ptokax project?
I thought it was an open source project, or is it?

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

xjr13sp

Are you dreaming????
I hope it will never be!!  X(

ruler

are you lame?
why shouldnt it be, its the only way to ever get the bugs fixed in the hubsoft cos they will never do it!

ruler

c'mon don't hold out on us!

Troubadour

QuoteOriginally posted by ruler
are you lame?
why shouldnt it be, its the only way to ever get the bugs fixed in the hubsoft cos they will never do it!

If you are that good with programming, start your own and leave us ptokax users in peace!

-Troubadour-
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

pHaTTy

Excellent post Troubour

ruler........ptokax is freeware....not open source....i believe yep
Resistance is futile!

ruler

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
Excellent post Troubour

But why does it have General Public Licence in the hubsoft? everyone knows what GPL means :)
No disrespect to you all but i have probably been one of the biggest fans of ptokax but this is like clutching at straws :( i could understand is it were a client being used for faking but no so, we only wish to help perfect something that could be something usefull for all.
anyone would think we were asking for your soul!
progress is a great thing but not if nothing ever progresses.
btw Troubadour, i'm just someone who repairs things that dont work, i am just curious as to why such simple bugs cant be solved.
i am not here to take the piss, i am only interested in the same as everyone else (helping and repairing). maybe you dont want help but there is loads of people that do including myself. btw i am only interested in the Ice Cube Build IV its the only one that almost works properly.

have a good day :)

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
Excellent post Troubour

But why does it have General Public Licence in the hubsoft? everyone knows what GPL means :)
No disrespect to you all but i have probably been one of the biggest fans of ptokax but this is like clutching at straws :( i could understand is it were a client being used for faking but no so, we only wish to help perfect something that could be something usefull for all.
anyone would think we were asking for your soul!
progress is a great thing but not if nothing ever progresses.
btw Troubadour, i'm just someone who repairs things that dont work, i am just curious as to why such simple bugs cant be solved.
i am not here to take the piss, i am only interested in the same as everyone else (helping and repairing). maybe you dont want help but there is loads of people that do including myself. btw i am only interested in the Ice Cube Build IV its the only one that almost works properly.

have a good day :)

Simple bugs???

simple bugs, read what you said and then tell me which are simple bugs please, have you ever tried to sort a memory issue in Borland C++??

give it a shot and youll find its not simple

i believe ptaczek is doing a great job :))
Resistance is futile!

ruler

yes i know C++ and use it everyday :)
the first problem is that he has designed most servers to parse usless data and an inbuilt bot is a total waste of time, not to mention waste of bandwidth/memory/CPU :)
why not remove the inbuilt bot and leave that all (totally scripted)? will get more ppl looking and using your scripts and keeping users off ptaczek's back (as he is now working alone) while he can concentrate on future servers?

lets be honist the hubs/slots/ratio and a few other sections don't work properly anyway so it would clean up a lot of the problem.
you will never catch most fakers so hubs/slots/mode/connection type's/client types is pretty much a big waste of parsing/memory/CPU.
thats why i say (clutching at straws).
i also agree with you that ptaczek is doing his best and i admire the man for that but i am also sure that even you can see my point?
Ice Cube Build IV  only needs a few simple  mods to be a great server and this is why i was hoping for source as i am aware that he is no longer interested in that version(which is a shame)

btw there is realy no harm in asking, if i don't ask then i will never get!

thanks

pHaTTy

errumm no you are wrong, it does not waste cpu bandwidt etc etc, by having it inbuilt it saves all that, scripts use more then inbuilt, it cuts down the scripting usage, much better

and btw yep Ice Cube IV is really good, i still use it he he he, but i also run td4 for other comp, depends where i am running my server from what mood i am in he he he :))
Resistance is futile!

IceCoder

that is true but speak with ptaczek about that..

ruler

all we want to do is include the TimeBan()  feature to the Ice Cube Build IV but slightly changed version so it would tell the connecting user who banned the user and why they were banned also amount of time they are banned!
and the same with the PermBan. most users don't ever know why they were banned? this would solve a massive problem on DC.
the slots/hubs/ratio doesnt work on all clients so i still think that part would be best scripted.

this to me and many users would be a perfect server :)

kepp

For those who actually knows C++, it is a great idea.
issues with a free-source:

When people get their hands on those codes.
You may not notice tomorow, but sooner or later PtokaX will end up like Y-Hub, A update once day.
Which is not so good...

So i do not agree with an open source..
(Maybe for one of the latest verisions)

However, i do agree with all inbuilt, the bot for instance...
(But hey, I don't know anything at all about C++ and therefore i can't really say so much)

But i don't think ptaczek work alone on PtokaX.
no doubt he's sahring his ideas with another good C++ scripter.

4-5 Scripters on a project is better than one
Guarding    

ruler

hmm 143 click in less than 2 days :)   this must be a popular subject  ;)

SaintSinner

hmm 143 click in less than 2 days :)   this must be a popular subject  ;)

not really
i just think you check for replies every 20 min.

:D  :D  :D  :D
jus kiddng...lol

ruler

:D

mOrrI

Ruler...
If u want the SOURCE CODE OF THE HUB go here:

Source Code

And don't thank me... :p

pHaTTy

Resistance is futile!

mOrrI

Guibs

Hi there,,  

ruler,
Why don't you ask directely to the concerned people,... instead of making a crap thread like that one ? :)

As you're a clever person, able to program and doing a great hub soft, i guess you're also able to find ptaczek mail's,... or contact him by Pm,...

None interest in such post,....
-- Please,... don\'t ask help in Pm,...Forums are made for that, to help everyone & my Inbox pm will be safe,... Thks,,  :))  --
CB forum     /     CB Home page

ruler

if i wanted a mupet then i would have asked for one ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk