DC++ 0.691 has become the new stable release

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DC++ 0.691 has become the new stable release

Started by blackwings, 11 June, 2006, 07:16:14

Previous topic - Next topic

blackwings

Does anyone agree/disagree with their choice to making 0.691 the new stable release?

PPK

Stable is, DC compatible isn't ... i am kicking DC++ 0.69+ from my hub :P
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

blackwings

You are talking about that DC++ 0.691 doesn't support the old NMDC filelist etc right?

Which mean that all other clients that hasn't updated yet won't work so well because they still support the NMDC filelist etc.

PPK

Quote from: blackwings on 11 June, 2006, 07:30:18
You are talking about that DC++ 0.691 doesn't support the old NMDC filelist etc right?
Yes, but not support is not true. Have blocked only uploading of this type of list.
Which mean that all other clients that hasn't updated
Or not accept XmlBZList because it need absolutly stupid new commands for getting files (for example they caused incompatibility of 0.68x versions with 0.401) :o
won't work so well because they still support the NMDC filelist etc.
CZDC based on 0.69x working without problems and always have support for uploading of DcLst ...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Pothead

Quote from: PPK on 11 June, 2006, 08:58:04
Yes, but not support is not true. Have blocked only uploading of this type of list.
Strange how they only blocked upload, and not download / opening of this type of list.  ???
Anyway I'm still blocking all clients which don't support TTH from my hub, which in a round about way blocks nearly all clients which only send and receive the DcLst filelist.
I'm using a 0.401 client, but havn't uploaded a DcLst for long time, and with nmdc's website is dead, I don't think it's really too bad, not having DcLst support. :-\

PPK

Quote from: Pothead on 11 June, 2006, 11:24:13
Strange how they only blocked upload, and not download / opening of this type of list.  ???
Easy, instead of list it send $Error NMDC-style lists no longer supported, please upgrade your client| ::)
And Direct Connect report this error
QuoteError in FinishTransmition
Error: The data either was not compressed with HE3 or is corrupt
Line: 260
Extra Data:  Time: 6.6.2006 18:20:06

blackwings

Let see if I got this right, if your hub is DC++ only, then there is no problems?

PPK

Yes if is hub DC++ only, and not allow pre 0.307 and 0.401 versions then is everything ok  8)

bastya_elvtars

They remove everything but the leaks. :P
DC++ is like M$ office: it's not even compatible with itself. :D
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

blackwings

Does anyone know if there is a mac and linux dc clients that are up to date or soon will be?

Pothead

LinuxDC++ will be compatible. I can only assume that DC Gui and Shakespear will be compatible.
Flow's new client (which works on windows, linux and mac) will be compatible, when it's ready. :)

blackwings

both LinuxDC++ and Shakespear hasn't relesed anything for like 3 months,
are you sure they are still being developed?

Pothead

Well, with the recent appearance of lots of linux compatibility fixes submitted to bugzilla, it looks like LinuxDC is being done again. :)

imb

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 11 June, 2006, 14:25:14
They remove everything but the leaks. :P
DC++ is like M$ office: it's not even compatible with itself. :D

Still, it's more stable than most p2p clients. It'll last at least a week without a refresh, good enough for me...

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: imb on 18 June, 2006, 19:01:29
Still, it's more stable than most p2p clients. It'll last at least a week without a refresh, good enough for me...

Actually it's the most unstable P2P client that I have running.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

imb

How many hubs you in and what are the sizes of the 3 largest ones? Unstable in terms of crashes or memory use?

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: imb on 21 June, 2006, 13:59:18
How many hubs you in and what are the sizes of the 3 largest ones? Unstable in terms of crashes or memory use?

I'm in like 10 hubs, almost all are 2000+, the latest are all more than 5000 (max is like 11000). It leaks memory badly, making the whole system unstable.

imb

Ah interesting, I thought so. I experience laginess too when I join massive hubs. Fortunately all my regular ones have less than 1000 users, most less than 300. DC++ seems to work quite nicely with those sizes of hub.

Markitos

Quote from: imb on 21 June, 2006, 20:46:52
Ah interesting, I thought so. I experience laginess too when I join massive hubs. Fortunately all my regular ones have less than 1000 users, most less than 300. DC++ seems to work quite nicely with those sizes of hub.
Indeed...

bastya_elvtars

Then why create big hubs when the official client cannot catch up with their sizes? :P

PPK

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 21 June, 2006, 23:22:28
Then why create big hubs
Why not  ??? :P
Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 21 June, 2006, 23:22:28
official client
I don't know if you remember, but official (or maybe better original) Direct Connect hub have max 500 users ;D And Direct Connect client handle more, but yes this client don't like 5000+ hubs  8)

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: PPK on 22 June, 2006, 01:01:02
I don't know if you remember, but official (or maybe better original) Direct Connect hub have max 500 users ;D And Direct Connect client handle more, but yes this client don't like 5000+ hubs  8)

Good. Do not exceet 100kph with your car, even though 130 is alllowed. :-P

blackwings

Has BCDC++ like CZDC++ made a workaround and enabled NMDC filelist support?

PPK

BCDC++ have removed uploading DcLst too  :'(

blackwings

zDC++ seems to dead and iDC++ hasn't updated since February :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk