DC++ v0.696

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DC++ v0.696

Started by blackwings, 23 September, 2006, 00:23:38

Previous topic - Next topic

blackwings

Isn't it a bad thing that DC++ v0.696 doesn't support files with no TTH?

Like isn't it common that very old releases of movies etc doesn't have a TTH?

Changes in DC++ v0.696 regarding TTH =
Quote* Removed the possibility to download files without TTH
* Removed the possibility to read *.DcLst files (no TTH, no i18n support)
* Files with no TTH no longer show up in search and directory listings
* Sources in the queue with no TTH support will no longer appear
* Files without TTH in the queue will be removed (finish downloads with an older version)

PPK

Creating of TTH is possible from any file... more problem is that they with this disallowing most (maybe all) non-DC++ based clients because DC++ will not be able to download from them ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Naithif

Hi all

Quote from: blackwings on 23 September, 2006, 00:23:38
Isn't it a bad thing that DC++ v0.696 doesn't support files with no TTH?

Like isn't it common that very old releases of movies etc doesn't have a TTH?

Changes in DC++ v0.696 regarding TTH =

Quote from: PPK on 23 September, 2006, 00:28:00
Creating of TTH is possible from any file... more problem is that they with this disallowing most (maybe all) non-DC++ based clients because DC++ will not be able to download from them ::)

Will this also break compatibility with multi platform or linux based clients like valknut?

PPK

Yes it is not able to download from Valknut (tested with actual stable 0.3.7 version), exactly i don't know any non-DC++ based client compatible with 0.696+  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Naithif

Maybe DC:Pro? That client as I know has TTH support  :-\

Edit:

Heeeey check this:

Naithif
Fulll Member

3 L ???

bastya_elvtars

ldcpp (linux/bsd) and shakespeer(mac) should work.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

DC:Pro have TTH support, but last version i have don't support ADCGET and TTHF needed by DC++ 0.696. ldcpp will work, when i last check it it was based on DC++ 0.691. I don't have mac to test shakespeer, but in source it looks like it is compatible with DC++ 0.696.

blackwings

I don't think ShakesPeer is compatible with DC++ 0.696 because it hasn't been updated since April.

Typhoon

LinuxDC++/ldcpp , is working just fine as i use that one permanent..
no problems yet only a few lacking functions :)

Typhoon

Naithif

Something to continue this topic  :(

DC++ has a newer stable release

DC++
Stable
Released 2006-10-20

DC++ v0.698 (Installer)
DC++ v0.698 (Binary)
DC++ v0.698 (Source)

Because stable releases appear automatically in the update window now all DC++ users should use this one with "only TTH and no DcLst"

PPK

Tested and stable... it is stable if client freeze and use 100 % cpu  ???  ;D

Naithif

Quote from: PPK on 22 October, 2006, 18:29:33
Tested and stable... it is stable if client freeze and use 100 % cpu  ???  ;D

The DC++ forum's timeouting continously since I've tried to check it today :(
I imagine the clean DC++ users updating in large numbers because of the warning at start  ;D
If it freezes for only 1% - 2% of them it should worth seeing the DC++ forums' bugreport thread  ::)

imb

Some of the lack of compatability between clients is slightly annoying, as are the script lua version incompatibilities with ptokax. I'm all for this, sod non hashing clients.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk