ADC 1.0 Released - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

ADC 1.0 Released

Started by Toast, 02 December, 2007, 15:58:01

Previous topic - Next topic

blastbeat

Quote from: PPK on 03 December, 2007, 18:16:06
Not only client->client.Imho is not problem to sniff cid, but yes it is harder. Imho registering by user cid it making harder for users... user can remember nick but how much users can remember theyr CID ? When they lost cid, then they lost all they regs  ::)

one could also say its easier to store one pid somewhere then remember many nicknames and passwords ^^

PPK

True, when user have many nicks then it is improvement ;D
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Carraya

Quote from: blastbeat on 03 December, 2007, 13:53:28
6) i am curios how the "nmdc's"  here want to support multiple shares for multiple hubs via protocol? or this isnt important too? with adc its possible, with nmdc not. open up another client is not a solution ;)

I already done this for my client, works on both nmdc and adc :) It's always been possible, and we actually talked about doing it for DCDM years ago, but never did. The idea is to have different shares on different ports, because then you have different listeners for each share and the whole guessing what hub a user is trying to download from is not important because you will have that share only on that port, so even if it guesses hub wrong it will still be from a hub where you have that share, since the request is done on port.

PPK

Nice, good to see that working implementation exist :)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

elgee

Quote from: Carraya on 07 January, 2008, 19:13:02
I already done this for my client, works on both nmdc and adc :)

And it is working as I been testing this with Carraya's new client.  :D
it is about time is being done, I am sick and tired of running several clients.

Toast

Carraya Client ? is he making any clients these days at least i hope not

Carraya

Quote from: Toast on 08 January, 2008, 06:05:02
Carraya Client ? is he making any clients these days at least i hope not

Yeah I am, besides my obvious dislike of you why do you hope not.

bastya_elvtars

No flamewar here, please. Go to the DCDEV if you want some. ;-)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Naithif

Quote from: Carraya on 07 January, 2008, 19:13:02
I already done this for my client, works on both nmdc and adc :) It's always been possible, and we actually talked about doing it for DCDM years ago, but never did. The idea is to have different shares on different ports, because then you have different listeners for each share and the whole guessing what hub a user is trying to download from is not important because you will have that share only on that port, so even if it guesses hub wrong it will still be from a hub where you have that share, since the request is done on port.

It's good to see some people still working on NMDC implementations  ;D
Is encypted transfer between clients possible to use on NMDC? I've seen some newer client had such a feature (though it was marked by experimental) but why not ask if pros are here  ::)

PPK

Quote from: Naithif on 09 January, 2008, 22:42:25
Is encypted transfer between clients possible to use on NMDC?
Yes it is possible ;)

Naithif

Carraya

Even if PPK has answered already, yes it's just as possible to make a $SUPPORT for it in nmdc as it is to make an extension for adc.

Naithif

But how could a client that's already out use secure transfer on NMDC?  ???
I believe not by adding new support, it wouldn't be non-functioning until all clients support it isn't it?

And if it would be possible, and all the requirements are already implemented (if it works on ADC), why it's only ADC?  >:(

PPK

Quote from: Naithif on 10 January, 2008, 15:21:12
why it's only ADC?  >:(
Afaik in ADC it is now as unfinished extension. I'm sure that after they finish it will be easy to hack it for use in nmdc (i want to do that, only for that fun to show that it is possible in nmdc) :P

Archangel_UK

I already done this for my client, works on both nmdc and adc  It's always been possible, and we actually talked about doing it for DCDM years ago, but never did. The idea is to have different shares on different ports, because then you have different listeners for each share and the whole guessing what hub a user is trying to download from is not important because you will have that share only on that port, so even if it guesses hub wrong it will still be from a hub where you have that share, since the request is done on port.

Carraya

Where is link to client ?

Gnuff?

QuoteWhere is link to client ?
It does not exist, yet anyway
Gnuff

Carraya

Quote from: Archangel_UK on 10 February, 2008, 16:35:16Carraya

Where is link to client ?

It's only been released as alpha yet (to a selected audience), so there's not really a publicly available link, but it is however in my dc share (if you can find me on dc). I will post on this forum, when there's a public beta available.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk