Release/RequestBot

Release/RequestBot

Started by Dreams, 08 December, 2009, 18:59:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreams

So then, i have tried a lot of scripts now and nither of'em work like i want to, and the most of the scripts i've tried doesn't work at all, but, i'm woundering if anyone has a good script or could help me with building one. I think there are to many people here trying to get one and don't really dear to ask.

This is my request:

* A Release/Requestbot Script.

* Who sends the Rightclick commands on Login.

* Who sorts the categories by name in both Release and Request folders.
   (Like sorting the Add *,Show *,Fill *,Del * by name in both Rel and Req folders)
   (And sorting the Dvdr,Xvid,Hdtv,Xbox by name in both Rel and Req folders)

* And to have the abillity to choose maybe 3-4 categories with the 5 latest releases.
   So that on every login it automaticaly sends this info.

* And a script that is stabil.
   (Some scripts have too many bugs and needs to be rebooted after 2-3 weeks)

So, my question, is there anyone who could do this?  :)
I know there are a lot of good scripters here :) hope you see this.

/Dreams

bastya_elvtars

Wo what do you miss from FreshStuff3 then?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

TZB

QuoteSo then, i have tried a lot of scripts now and nither of'em work like i want to
;D
I agree You haven't seen freshstuffs yet i suppose its a script where you just close your eyes and think what you need and it has it all.I have been personally a great fan of this script.
Nice Work Bustya_elvtars.  :-*

Dreams

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 08 December, 2009, 20:14:36
Wo what do you miss from FreshStuff3 then?

The FreshStuff3 doesn't sort the files by name in Req folder, and what i have heard, it needs to reboot after 2-3 weeks cause it stops working (I trust the person that said that, but i will not be the judge of it, i will use it if i get these functions to work as i requested to try if its true that it has to be rebooted after 2-3 weeks.)
And where do i set the categories in Main to example: DVDR,XVID,BLURAY,MP3,TV and have the latest 5 adds of these categories when i connect to the hub?
I want to have specefic categories, not the latest added on XXX or something i don't want to show in Main.
Hope you understand what i mean.
If not i will explain better.  :)

I have tried the FreshStuff3 v5.

So if anyone has a newer version with some of these options or can make this work, it would be a great help.

bastya_elvtars

For now the requests are being polished. I am currently very busy but in a few weeks I hope I can resume working on ths script and implement the required changes. Requests were added just as a simple requester thing but they have become so popular that they require major tailoring, but there is RealLife (TM) that prevents me from working on that. :-)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Dreams

Alright =), everyone has there own things to do. I Respect that.

Hope you or someone can come up with a script that works like i requested :)

I think more people would be intrested in that too.

//Dreams

bastya_elvtars

Actually there is the new branch that allows for more extended requests. When I get the time to resurrect the FreshStuff-related infrastructure I will be continuing on the half-baked new version that will be optimised for huge release and request pools and geared towards user-friendliness as much as it is possible via the DC protocol (is anyone still using it btw? :P)

P_pan

hi m8 :)   glad to see ya again :)

could ya pls gave me pm with a forwared link to ur homepage?

i missed that very longtime ...... :)

thank You and a merry xmass aswell! 

Dreams

Off Course, im using it, and i know a lot of hubs that are using your script, but modded of course =)

P_pan

i always use ur script basta...... simply its the best suitable script i found! :P

Dreams

I'm really looking forward to the new release on this script.

But till then i was woundering, my Fullfill a Request aint workin.. Says that i have enterd the wrong Category when i want to fullfill a request..
But there is no category to add.. The only thing to add is the Requests ID nr..
Anyone who has the fix on that? :)

//Dreams

merlin_xl54

From R-Click: You add a request in a specific category and fulfill it in the same category by the request # then name.
From command line: You would !addreq "whatever category" and name. To fulfill !addrel #ID "whatever category" and name.
Hope that helps.

M
Living is easy with eyes closed.

Dreams

so then we solved that mystery ;)

now i have another.

When fullfilling a request, it automaticaly gets put i main with the other releases.
is there a way to disable this?

And to ju bastya_elvtars

It would be nice if the Filled Requests end upp in a seperat RC like Fullfilled Requests and looked something like this--->

ID: 1  Funny.People  fullfilled by Dreams on 2010.01.18

is it possible?

Dreams

And when Fullfilling a Request, if i skip the ID number, and just wish to add the name, it end up in Added Releases, it would be better to have a error msg that says that the fullfilled request is fullfilled wrong or something.

Just something i thought about.
Cause i dont want the users to add thing if they are doing it wrong in the Fullfill Request.

bastya_elvtars

I am working on the request part, but will take several weeks to complete. By the way, you can only fulfill a REQ if you release that thing. The main policy is to SHARE. On other p2p networks there are many things needed by me but requested by others (but I could also download it and did so :P). FreshStuff wants to bring the torrent site (TPB et al.) feeling to the DC world.

Dreams

QuoteBy the way, you can only fulfill a REQ if you release that thing. The main policy is to SHARE

I belive every hub is for sharing.. i wouldnt build one if i didnt want that :) but in main i want the 5 latest releases of 3-5 specific categories, as i talked about before :)
So i belive that the requests that are added is for the one that requests them, but shorley other users should be able to download it wile it still is in the hub.
But like other private hubs have i would like to have it the same way.
The requests should be in a separate folder i belive, and not connected to the releases. :)

I can give you an example on how it would look for the users:

Releases  >  Add A Release > Category
                 Delete A Release (by id)
                 Show A Release > Category

Requests  >  Add A Request (by name)
                  Delete A Request (by id)
                  Fullfill A Request (by id)     
                  Fullfilled Requests (shows all fullfilled by name)
                  Show Requests (shows all)

The rest of the RC commands are working just fine.

And in main to show by (sorted) category name.

BLURAY
------

1. (release name)
2. (release name)
3. (release name)
4. (release name)
5. (release name)

DVDR
-----

1. (release name)
2. (release name)
3. (release name)
4. (release name)
5. (release name)

MP3
---

1. (release name)
2. (release name)
3. (release name)
4. (release name)
5. (release name)

And so the Fullfilled Requests does not end up in Main or the Added Releases.

Hope you understand what im asking :)

And hope that it is something you can make.

And sharing is just what the this script will be for. :)

Regards //

bastya_elvtars

This can be done, although needs a bit data restructuring. I'm not declining this, taking into consideration instead.

Dreams

Alright, :) please do reply when you are done thinking.

I think many hubs would look more user friendly to add stuff on and look realy good to the eye.
Would look simple but yet elegant.

But i understand that it would take time to build this. :)

Im thankfull for your answers this far :)

Azurious

http://www.desideshat.com - The World Of Desi Stuff!!!

Dreams

Thanks for that, but i have already tried it.
Dixbot has many great functions but i dont wish to use it.

Thanks anyway

Dreams

The funny thing is that there are a lot of hubs using Freshstuff3 script, and have moddified it, almost to the things that i reqested to do on the script, but they wont share it, everyone holds there script very close to there heart.

bastya_elvtars

I am currently setting up my wired (= not-via-a-modem-stick) internet after moving. After that, I'll try to resurrect the website and resume coding. A few weeks more patience please, moving is not so easy. :)
As far as modifications go, I am not happy that they do not share back their contributions, but this is life. They do not behave in an illegal way so I am not gonna go there ranting or something like that.

P_pan

w'll will stil be there to support ya m8!
hope to see soon a new place and a new  version of the bot!
:)

TZB

lol i Don't know why but i enjoyed reading every post.Nice work Bustya.Is the site Down Lately? Could not have access couple of weeks before as well.

Dreams

I saw one more minor thing, when in under a category and pushing "Latest.." and entering a number like 5, it shows this "The 3 Latest DVDR" but there aint non added under it, and i havnt added any DVDR yet, so the "Latest.." is linked to the total amount of releases added?

Just thought that this should be changed til the next update of the bot.

EDIT: 2010/03/04, i have one more request for the new script.
The "delete a release" if a user adds something but something goes wrong, the user should be able to delete their own release by id.
But the OP/Owner should be able to delete whatever release.

//Dreams

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk