PermBan.dat

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PermBan.dat

Started by TecMaster, 13 June, 2004, 11:44:27

Previous topic - Next topic

TecMaster

Simple question ...

Is it possible to write in PermBan.dat when Ptokax is running?

If Yes, how?

tezlo

sure.. just like any other textfile
the problem is that whatever you write in it will get overwritten when you add bans manually, with a command or by a script
and if it doesn't, the ban only becomes active once you restart ptokaz

TecMaster

So it's pointless to write "ip|nick" of offline users in it?

The only way to solve the problem of banning specific IP addresses (or nick) of offline users is to use a script and check every user that connects?

NightLitch

use !banip or !nickban in hubsoft that solves the offline users... user don't need to be online to be nickbanned or ipbanned....

/NL
//NL

TecMaster

Thats the problem, I use + as prefix and not !
And then I guess (again) that the only way of banning offline users is by scripting?

And if ptokax by itself only uses a textfile to store all banned ip/nicks it should not be a big load if i implement my own "ban-subrutin" in a script?

ConejoDelMal

QuoteOriginally posted by TecMaster
Thats the problem, I use + as prefix and not !
And then I guess (again) that the only way of banning offline users is by scripting?
well, if you use + as a prefix then you just have to use +banip or +nickban  :D
QuoteAnd if ptokax by itself only uses a textfile to store all banned ip/nicks it should not be a big load if i implement my own "ban-subrutin" in a script?
?(  that i didnt understand
Rede-DC Comunidade Portuguesa de DC

TecMaster

If I understand correctly, Ptokax only uses a textfile where banned user is stored. So by implementing my own ban function i my script, the extra CPU usage by doing that should not be big load on my CPU ...

More understandable now?

I wish that just by exchanging the prefix the banip and nickban will work ...

ConejoDelMal

? !banip                - Permanently ban IP address (if user is offline)
? !nickban                - Permanently ban from offline user

these are inbuild comands from Ptokax, so you have no need to make a script or implement any functions in your own, if your problem is that the prefix you have is a "+" ....then just use it....like:

+banip     &    +nickban

I am no expert....but that gotta work  ;)

TecMaster

No ... dont work ... the prefix is !, not +.

ConejoDelMal

now i'm confused......maybe it is just cause i spent a whole night awake....but:

check in the .txt of ptokax...the last line should be
"[System]
CmdPrefix=!"

if your prefix is + , then it is "CmdPrefix=+" .....and once we are talking about inbuild cmd's, it has to work with the prefix you have in this file. If it doesnt by any strange reason, then you should consider changing the prefix   :D

TecMaster

I dont have that line in my Prokax.ini file.
Tried to add it but it did'nt make any differance

ConejoDelMal

so that means that you cant use any Inbuild comands?

by the way.....try to use inbuild comands in Main...cause they dont work anywhere else  :P

TecMaster

We can use inbuilt commands but we have used + with our old hubbsoftware and most of out OP:s would like to continue to use + as a prefix.

Would still like to know if the only was to solve the "problem" is to script it ... by checking every user that connects ...

ConejoDelMal

so if I understood you right, you can use the command !banip   but you would prefer to use +banip   is that right???

we'll if that's the problem....I think you can script it, but i would suggest that your op's would use those commands with the prefix !   at least until the next official Ptokax version is released, cause then you will be able to change it as you wish (I think)  ;)

TecMaster

Yes, everyone can use !banip and !nickban  ;)

And No, we will not use any ! commands, right now I use the meny where you just rightclick and choose ipban or nickban.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk