Donkey trouble

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Donkey trouble

Started by CraiDt, 24 October, 2003, 02:32:23

Previous topic - Next topic

CraiDt

I know there are very decent script for getting donkeys out of your hub , but my friend who hosts the hub has another problem with the donkeys =_=.

It seems he was added to some list or something for donkeyshitbrains and now has about 16 donkey connection attempts a second......
Which quite literary spams his hub to near death

I don?t know anything about donkeys but they seem to logon differently then other clients, could there be a possibility for a more secure login process in future versions of ptokax that drop the known donkeys connection attempts immediately?
Or something simmilar so that the stress from the donkey masses will be lightened.        ^^

AF Admin
You can find me in

AF1 Empie.no-ip.com
AF7 Shao.no-ip.com

lazyj189

I think I would have to agree.  I believe that there has to be something done with the mldonkeys.  I keep getting hit with about 5-10 donkey connections every second myself.  I've tried everything from permbanning all their ips, to redirecting them away from the hub.  Nothing seems to help, and they are eatiung up a lot of mny bandwidth trying to connect.  I did a test to see just how many were coming at me and I filled over 400 in just about 3 minutes.  I keep getting errors like this:
[15:54] [BUF] adas23_psv 1. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:55] [BUF] jonatan1234 1. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:55] [BUF] (Tele2)Rogue 1. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:55] [BUF] [BBB]Talk2me 2. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:57] [BUF] Incol 3. SendBuffer overflow. User disconnected.
[15:58] [BUF] Kolli 1. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:58] [BUF] macdeva 1. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:58] [BUF] CatManDo 2. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:59] [BUF] mab78 1. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:59] [BUF] adas23_psv 2. SendBuffer overflow. Buffer cleared - user stays online.
[15:59] [BUF] [PL]yarrosss 3. SendBuffer overflow. User disconnected.

This has been increasing.  Granted I'm only on a 256K upload speed, but I think that my hub should be able to handle at least 200 users without much of a problem.  I am at 100 right now and am getting the sendbuffer overflow message very often.  I'm still tweaking with the scripts cause for some reason my mem useage seems to go over 200MB mem if left running for 36 hours straight, but that belongs in another section.  There's gotta be soemthing just short of banning all their ips in my firewall because that would be a major pain in the ass and very time consuming.  However there might be an idea too.  Create some place where a group can start adding ips from mldonkeys into a downloadable database for incorporation directly into a firewall, but I'm not sure.  Don't mind my babble, I'm very frustrated about this MAJOR problem and am prophicising that the mldonkeys could ultimately be the end of DC as we know it unless we can come up with something soon.
DivX Dominion Hub Owner
3 years running
DivX Dominion Hub

TranceSwede

I agree something has to be done about the donkeys...is there no way to just stop them from entering hub at all...my donkey script is working overtime...they r beginning to become a plague torturing the hubs on DC....as I was testing Yhub I noticed that no donkeys at all showed up...not sure how he has done it...but it seems to work great...anyway alot of the CPUload of the hub comes from the donkeys...if it starts to be coded into hub we should soon get rid of them for good...and it will be nicer to our CPU's... :D
Owner of (?`?._.?? TR???M???รค?._.???)
adress: trancemania.bounceme.net
15GB min share

Willore911

It seems to be more and more of these waiting to get into a hub, but I found that since I have been using Ptokax hub I have none enter the hub unlike the old nmdcHub with anti-mldc script i still had some get in and the strain was a lot more on cpu. With Ptokax hub it occassionly uses cpu when they try to get in, but none make it in, but far less resources are used too. So what can we do with this problem? I believe Ptaczek has done well with this :]

lazyj189

I have the antimldonkey workin in Robocop to keep them out of my hub, but they are just becomming a continual problem with more and more of them trying to connect to all hubs.  There's gotta be a way to make it so their client is no longer accepted in the hub software.  That "might" help with the problem.  And I've tried banning their ips, but there's so damn many, it becomes a constrain on the hub to ban that much.  I think the most mldonkeys I had banned at one time was over 40,000.  Now tell me that doesn't eat up resources.
DivX Dominion Hub Owner
3 years running
DivX Dominion Hub

plop

i managed 2 drop around 1000 mldc clients in 1 click.   lol
was on the ptokax b15.6 and they left forgood.
it's going the good way.
bye bye donkey.

plop

* hint for the anti mldc scripts, make sure it's the 1st script wich is running/triggert.
so you get rid of then as fast as posible.
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

lazyj189

I cant wait till I can get my hands on ptokax b15.6 or better.  *drool drool drool*
DivX Dominion Hub Owner
3 years running
DivX Dominion Hub

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk