Forum Suggestions?

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Forum Suggestions?

Started by BlazeXxX, 03 March, 2004, 01:08:40

Previous topic - Next topic

BlazeXxX

Hello mates,
Just coming to the conclusion like most others who wondered off, that this forum needs some sort of a boost to make it much more active like it used to be. As you all know, there is a large number of ppl missing in action, that is because:

1) Forum started freshly and no backup was given
2) aMutex left, few others like Skrollster, klownietklowniet, Rabidwombat and many other great scripters seems inactive.
3) Not much of new threads or intresting things going on here.
4) New Hubsoft(s) arrived to compete with

I know that not everyone can script. To me i can only count the scripters with my hand full fingers.

I can easily say there are around 15-20 scripters only who are sort of active now and others just replying to threads they start or scripts they create.

We got around 500 - 600+ users, who wud participate if we have some other general categories or some sort of improvement to this forum. We are still waiting for Ptokax to release for months now, and we all know we shudn't ask ptaczek to hurry up.

So any idea you peeps mite want to add to this forum or think can make it improve? i hardly reply nowdays cuz i am finding it pretty boring sitting here replying. i usual go to other programming forums, such as VB forums, or Expert exchange sort. and they are very intresting to stay for long.

Not saying that this forum is being boring, but startign to get the feeling of future. Haven't seen opiumvolage around for long or any others who makes the forum more intresting to read.

Please pour out your suggestions, whether its irrelevant , its ok all welcome.

One of my idea was to add some sort of general sections for others to participate and possibily give those programmers who are developing clients like DC++k CDM or some sort.

I would love to see this forum being up on its peak like b4. its not possible by one person, so please give your possible suggestions here to improve the forum. I am sure admins or mods wud be happy to take suggestions.

Later,
BlazeXxX

[NL]Pur

amutex left that's correct. :(

Skrollster is seems a bit getting back again :)
   nice too have you here again.

klownietklowniet, hmm haven't seen him for a while

And rabidwombat, i think he's in a deny fase, with himself  ;)

oh a hint too boost everything and get rabids and more
ppl back :)      

LUA 5       <----- *HINT * HINT

/PUR

[NL]trucker

BlazeXxX

i agree with ya on the idear of giving those all in one scripters a piece of their own in this forum.
like guibs and Optimus.

And if possiblle to get folks inhere who make these fine clients like dc++k cmd.
Give them their own topic to moderate it will even more engage them to this place.

and indeed we miss folks like Skrollster, klownietklowniet, Rabidwombat  but how to get them back?

i think this is a fine place for us hubowners and peoplle who dont understand how to script but all is getting on the backs of a few folks who can.

and what the solution is i dont know hopefully somebody else has an answer on this.
Owner of FunnyHub

Funyhub.no-ip.info
       Forum Master of

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by [NL]Pur

oh a hint too boost everything and get rabids and more
ppl back :)      

LUA 5       <----- *HINT * HINT

ithink it wud giveme spirit todo somemore scripting, atm to interested in c++, not enough functions to mess with in lua4, hope it gets thrown in soon :)
Resistance is futile!

BlazeXxX

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.. I am really hoping we can see all those folks back if there are intresting things going on here.

I also backup the fact that Pur said.. it wud be good to have LUA 5, but again its only going to be useful to who can script. Instead of just keeping this place for only LUA scripts, we can bring in more ppl and make this forum active if all supports.

I know there are good dc clients, like that dc++k CDM... then there was Hub link and so on.. the more threads and activity there is, the more ppl wud want to stay and spend some time.

Not quiet sure of the future of LUA forum, but i think it needs a boost rite now or later b4 summer. We are loosing many regular posters, why? simple, not much to do here, so all wonder off to use the time wisely.

One suggestion i can give is, it will boost up when Ptaczek release his public beta version. Now many have been patience and some ppl left to try other hub soft, while ptaczek take his own time.

If anyone else knows any suggestions to improve the forum, it wud be great to hear.

- BlazeXxX

AlwaysConnected

hi :)
yup the forum is still alive but not as active as it was :(

yup the dc++k cdm part would be nice :)

perhpas psf8500 will come also here  :D

and the robo part would be great also

lua 5  ?(  i heard about it, guibs told me that dc++k cdm is build with it

some come ppl let get the forum more active  8)

We miss a lot of ppl form the old one  X(

Ptokax must life  :P  :P  :P

psf8500

lua 5 section for client side scripting would be nice  :)

BCDC supports it and i'm currently working on a new CDM based on BCDC (i based it on BCDC for this very reason). you can try it out here (very beta)

I would be very interested in a lua 5 section  :D

Event_Horizon

Maybe a beginners section wouldn't be bad to make it a bit easier for new Hubowners....

& for the more used scripts Like robocop, NSX3.... some extra sections in the script section to keep it a bit more clear
Greez ????_H???z??
??????????????????

??/v\\ \'?\' ?@?? ???? is Secured by RoboCop? Created by Optimus?

lynyrd

how about starting a second allin1 script..like that one made in the old forum?
and add all the new features & solutions that has popped up in this forum..
so every good scripter could join in.

another thing that's sounds good is the noob section
for those who like to learn about scripting..
with explaining why you must do that and what it does
and so on.
like..strsub(sData, 1, 13) this do this and the number shows this..bla bla

and yes i know about phatty's "how to"
but it's for those whom already knows a bit..as i see it

just an idea..dont hit me ;)

MrZ

Hia :))

I realy think its all has to do what aproach u wanna have in here, as today the main thing is LUA.

If u want a bit wider aproach there could be a hub section, client section and so on.

BUT there already IS a Lot of those out there,,,, so we have to competite of the users and maybe thats not so good.

My tip:
People like us like to try New things like [NL]Pur said LUA 5.

Start looking at NEW things especially those that is to help for OP's and Hubowners

Z ya gyus , . , . , .   PtokaX rules
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

WooshMan

Well.... I have had a lot of help from Plop, Kepp and NightLitch over the last month in writing my own bot but found it easier to understand and was fater to be told in a hub how to do something.

I have also used a lot of info from this forum.

So maybe a forum hub which registered forum members can enter and ask questions in there if they don't quite undertstand "why or how" something works.

I am happy to host a hub for that, or maybe a chatroom added to the forum???

Just a thought  ?(

WooshMan
WooshMan

Creator of
originaltimebot.lua
www hubstats

Thanks to Plop, Kepp and NightLitch

[NL]Pur

lua 5 isn't my idea, i support the idea.

but some other scripters have given hints too going too lua 5. Or even are active in client side lua5.

plop

lua 5 would rule for ptokax just it doesn't realy have something 2 do with the forum.
if it's added 2 ptokax it would need a new section as the syntax is different.
as some know i'm making scripts in lua5 allready and it's f*cking cool.
here's a example as a teaser.
1st lua4.
  lines = "\r\n\r\n"
   readfrom("text/"..cmd..".txt")
   while 1 do
      local line = read()
      if line == nil then 
         readfrom()
         break 
      end
      lines = lines..line.."\r\n"
   end
   user:SendPM(Bot, lines.." |")
now the same kind of thing in lua5 for bcdc++.
           pmtext = "\r\n"
            for line in io.lines("help.txt") do
               pmtext = pmtext..line.."\r\n"
            end
            user:sendPrivMsgFmt( pmtext )
beside this a section for clientside scripting (bcdc++) would be cool.
i'm now always in doubt where 2 post the things i make for that as there is no real place yet (currently spread over the phantomDC and dc++K CDM forum).
beside this (don't hit me) a section for other other hubsoftware which also use lua for scripting could bring more life.

for the suggested forum hub.
as some of you know i have a priv hub mostly being used for this purpose.
but currently i can't make it public as my router can't handle it, and i'm also scared it's not gone help but hurt the forum.
it's so easy 2 ask in a hub and help yourself, while the forum could not only help yourself but also others.
the folks in my hub know that i want them 2 post all they learn in my hub here on the forum.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

pHaTTy

hmm there is one called secured dc hub i think, console based, which has geo-ip, andit supports lua, i tried it, not my cup of tea, but was ok, i think u could be onto something, i would like to see a change tbh, scripting for something else.....i mean maybe, bcdc scripters would also join here.......some already but, more may come.......nice thieory
Resistance is futile!

AlwaysConnected

ptokax multihub link   :D

any idea   :O

Skrollster

one thing that i'd like to see is a bit cleaner forum, now it is just to much nonsens posts..

it is hard to find what you are looking for...

and lua 5, support for db and a new official beta release would make this forum come to live again...

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by AlwaysConnected
ptokax multihub link   :D

any idea   :O
i made a bcdc++ multihub link, could post it here if there was a section for it. lol

you hit the spot skrollster, all that is most welcome.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Skrollster

I know why I'm not too active here any longer..

Snoris

Why dont set up some better thread areas??
1 for client for example??
Its coming more and more clients....
1 for eg Channelbot (like there already is)
1 area for script n00b ( like my self =] ) where they can ask questions about how thing are done and so on..
I'm a bit tired right now...And can't come up with anything else...but I'll give it a shoot tomorrow or the next time I'm in here =))

Otherwise...I like this Forum...Just a little messy...But I'm in love with the mess =))

[NL]Pur

ok, now i want too know

what is so messy on the forum ?

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by [NL]Pur
ok, now i want too know

what is so messy on the forum ?

only thing i see messy really is offtopic, but offtopic is to get the other side out, cant continue to script without a bit phun, its how you end up getting ideas ;)

but yep i like to know the same as pur, i dont really see a mess
Resistance is futile!

BlazeXxX

Good to see something coming up. There isn't anything messy, but at the same time.. there isn't anything useful or active topics goign on. in old forum, we are like online for more than hours time. nowdays its much less and sometimes ppl don't login for weeks. I can see a new section if i am not wrong. good approach, keep your ideas flowing.

-BlazeXxX

Skrollster

there is a lot of nonsens messages in many threads this makes the forum hard to browse..

and also if you look under ie. How To section there isn't only how to...

you will find a lot of oftoppic descussion in the threads as well...

[NL]Pur

i moved alot of stuff out of the howto, since there are/were alot of threads about asking a question.

tho i find it hard too choose between

move thread and keep link in old forum

or

move thread and don't post a link in the old forum

if i do the last one i think it looks better but i   noticed that ppl then post the same thing in the wrong section again.

I don't know if it's hard too mod this forum that the link in old forum only stays for few days.

Skrollster

it would be good if it was posible to change it to dissapere after some days..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk