PtoKax Ubuntu, Cant Retrive Filelist or Download on LAN

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtoKax Ubuntu, Cant Retrive Filelist or Download on LAN

Started by banshee10000, 22 July, 2011, 14:35:51

Previous topic - Next topic

banshee10000

Hi Guys I have a Major Issue with PtoKaX on Linux

I'm Running PtoKaX 0.4.1.2  on Ubuntu Lucid LTS x86 Server

But Nobody Can Retrieve a File list or Download anything via DC client software (Windows)
Users can only connect and chat, Private msg also doesn't go through

No Router present, because its on a Normal peer to peer LAN (meaning OFFLINE)
all clients will be connecting this way, No Internet at all

Binded to Local IP (internal Address 192.168.1.12) Ports are 1209;411 in Settings.xml
Running as user > root according to the init.d/ptokax script

At first >
I battled to compile the UNIX Source, with No success and going through countless tutorials but managed to find a .deb package for PtokaX instead WOOT, Linux support is really limited  :'(

Install went fine as well as startup but now I'm faced with this issue.

Before PtoKaX I was using Opencdhub which worked perfectly on port 411 but lack redirection features for max limit share thats why I would like to run PtokaX instead, but cant seem to find the issue

Any help ?

Psycho_Chihuahua

the easiest would actually be to install debian and compile linux on that. Ok, you might say that ubuntu is based on debian, well for me "Ubuntu is an african word meaning: i cant install debian"

I have successfully compiled PtokaX on 32 and 64bit Debians and the hub runs fine on both.

Needed packages to successfully compile and support most, if not all scripted necessities would be something like the following (in my case taken from my debian 6 x64 machine where i use the swiss mirror)

edit your /etc/atp/sources.list to look like this
deb http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main non-free contrib 
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main non-free contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main non-free contrib

then to adding the necessary dev tools and lua

apt-get update
apt-get install build-essential
apt-get install make g++                       (could be are already installed by installing build-essential)
apt-get install liblua5.1*                        (to make sure you support anything that could be in the lua scripts you add to your hub - on windows we have old libs and linux has more of them)

then you follow the installation guide PPK posted on the board, iirc there is a small quirk on the tinyxml part which i had figured out but cant recall what it was right now, but if you get an error and post it here perhaps we can help you out with it.
Otherwise you can download the attachment i've added an unpack it, inside you will find my tinyxml folder. Put that in your PtokaX root folder and leave out the download and unpack part, do a
make clean

inside that folder and recompile
should also get you going ;)
PtokaxWiki ?PtokaX Mirror + latest Libs

01100001011011000111001101101111001000000110101101101110011011110111011101101110001000000110000101110011001000000101010001101111011010110110111101101100011011110111001101101000

banshee10000

Thank you for you're Help but I'd rather Stay on Ubuntu if i can Help it, since this server also
is already setup to do other tasks as well, Moving everything over to Debian is basically my last option

All I need is to Figure out this small issue, Since PtokaX is Up and Running but like stated,
Users cant download the File list or download anything. I'll play around with it some more

Ultimately If I cant sort it out then I'll try a distro like Debian, Mint or BSD even...  :P

So any other Ideas as to why this is happening  :-\

PPK

Quote from: banshee10000 on 22 July, 2011, 14:35:51
But Nobody Can Retrieve a File list or Download anything via DC client software (Windows)
Users can only connect and chat, Private msg also doesn't go through
Quote from: banshee10000 on 22 July, 2011, 14:35:51
At first >
I battled to compile the UNIX Source, with No success and going through countless tutorials but managed to find a .deb package for PtokaX instead WOOT, Linux support is really limited  :'(
I don't know where you get that .deb package but it is probably broken. Private messages always working (if you don't use script to block them or incorrectly setup deflood). Connections should work too (again if you don't block them with script or incorrectly setup deflood)...
Of course is hard to help if you don't give more information .. does users get some message when they trying to make connection ?
Does users get any message when they use private message ?

And btw we have step by step guide to compile PtokaX on BugBuntu http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=8498.0 :P
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

banshee10000

Quotedoes users get some message when they trying to make connection ?

No. Connection Just times out when Users are trying to Download the File list or Download anything (Search works),
Also No Scripts are running.
Clients can make the Connection to the PtokaX hub with No problems but Downloading is broken

I don't know where you get that .deb package but it is probably broken.

I have attached the .deb package that I used( its inside the Zip file),
I will try to Compile PtokaX again from that tutorial, but Seriously cant you guys
make it a bit more compatible with apt-get or create a Official .deb file for download.

Thanx for the help so far PPK, I will try the Compile again. LOL > Bugbuntu

PPK

Quote from: banshee10000 on 23 July, 2011, 18:27:37
Clients can make the Connection to the PtokaX hub with No problems but Downloading is broken
When someone want to make connection with other user he send to hub $ConnectToMe nick myip:myport|, hub resend that message to user with "nick and user with "nick" will connect to that ip and port. When you are not using any script and don't have deflood set to block that message then users must have something wrong with client setup ::)
Quote from: banshee10000 on 23 July, 2011, 18:27:37
I will try to Compile PtokaX again from that tutorial, but Seriously cant you guys
make it a bit more compatible with apt-get or create a Official .deb file for download.
PtokaX is developed by ONE developer, ONE developer who is simply not able to provide binaries for every GNU/Linux distribution that exist ::)
You want ubuntu, i'm using Debain Wheezy... different enough to need different deb packages ::)
That is why i'm released PtokaX as opensource, to allow users to compile it on OS where they want to run PtokaX on :P
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

banshee10000

Roger that,  ;) Linux do have quite a bit of Diversity

Finally Got it Working Using your Compile Guide PPK, just tested it with 2 Windows Clients connected
And I'm able to use it to its full potential now  :D

So I'm guessing the .deb file had an error somewhere in it

Thanx for all your help.

I had to modify and add a init.d script to Control the hub since the Compile tutorial doesn't come with it
The /etc/init.d/ptokax file Gave me a bit of trouble but Eventually I got it right ?

Found one here: http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=8059.0
make sure all ptokax is PtokaX else script fails

Thank you again PPK All working now on BugBuntu LOL > I learned something new haha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk