UserBekcisi - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

UserBekcisi

Started by GeceBekcisi, 20 April, 2006, 19:08:56

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyGuy

I wouldn't really call it a big problem, but it is possible that GUI settings do not match actual run-time script settings.
My advice is to run the GUI for only initial setup.
Another option might be to set the iAllowSettingCommands to 0 (disabled) when using the GUI

Jorgo

Hello :-)
I'd like to make a request for this bot, if I may. The bot is very nice so far and does almost everything I want, except:

"Show all IPs with their login/logout period for the last x hours"

I am thinking of quick overview for a fixed time period, one IP per line.

Example:

"Requested IP history for the last 6 hours:

1. 192.168.0.1 * Last Login: 15:36 * Last Logout 15:37 * Total Connections: 3"
2. 192.168.0.2 ...

This is mainly to identify those mysterious users who pop in for 1 sec and logoff again.
Thanks for considering it!

GeceBekcisi

Good request ;) but.. You have to read below..

Now, I use normal methods to keep a database. These methods are directly storing data as a readable text on the disk and load them into memory (as LUA tables) on startup for faster access; and save the whole database on exit.

Below, you'll see my hub's current statistics; which UserBekcisi is collecting an average of 1500 users' data for over 6 weeks :

• PtokaX Version		: 0.3.4.0i0
• Online Users			: 1433 
• Hub Uptime			: 14 hours, 2 minutes, 53 seconds 
• Script Uptime			: 14 hours, 38 minutes, 14 seconds 
• Database Size			: 28153277 bytes 
• Total Entries			: 295389 
• Stats Exec Time		: 3.0150 seconds 
• Memory Usage		: 91703 / 171951 KiB

Notice the very high memory usage :o Even though UserBekcisi only keeps records for last time user has logged to hub and it has an automatic memory cleaner system as well as database cleaners & maintainers, it's still very high. But why?

I preferred short reply time with low CPU usage and high memory usage (which may turn into a bottleneck sometimes :-\ ) instead of loooong reply time with low memory usage and high CPU usage (again a bottleneck?>:( this causes hub to lag like hell sometimes) while developing this bot. But still, there's an experimental choice in user settings among high RAM & CPU usage.

To beat up bottlenecks, we need a faster mechanism to access the database from the disk and quit using memory. This is only possible using SQL technology. That's why I tried using SQLite in old IPdbBOT once; but on some systems it caused insane lags / process completion times. So I had to swtich back to old method? :'(

Your request is only reasonable when I dont have to use the memory to access database (accessing the database from hard disk is maybe 5 times slower and painful for CPU at the moment) I'll try to use MySQL next time I can start coding again in two weeks (I can't now, since I have some exams to study). If I can be successful; I'll absolutely add that functionality...

If I can't be successful, I'll think of adding that functionality in some way...

Best regards
Do you need an advanced user handling script? Download UserBekcisi today (Latest Edit)
Features: User + ISP + GeoIP database, user info + share checking and many more...

GeceBekcisi

Quote from: GeceBekcisi on 29 May, 2006, 22:58:13
• PtokaX Version		: 0.3.4.0i0
• Hub Uptime			: 14 hours, 2 minutes, 53 seconds 
• Script Uptime			: 14 hours, 38 minutes, 14 seconds

And a note; differences between Hub Uptime & Script Uptime (Script Uptime can never be greater than Hub Uptime) is caused by PtokaX 0.3.4.0i0 which is a BETA; not UserBekcisi.
Do you need an advanced user handling script? Download UserBekcisi today (Latest Edit)
Features: User + ISP + GeoIP database, user info + share checking and many more...

Jorgo

Yes, I saw that already in the GeoIP bot. My guess is that the csv lookup makes the whole thing slow and that bot loads the whole csv file into memory.
I don't think SQL and lua make a good marriage, you will probably have to stretch yourself horribly to make sql calls from lua (apart from the fact that it would need an sql server and that's where it gets complicated for the average hub owner).

I saw in another programming project, that the programmer was able to speed up table-lookups by multiple times using a refined search algorithm called "stree". I am no programmer and have no clue if this could be used here, but I thought I'd mention it :)

GeceBekcisi

I am not a LUA guru and I'll let more experienced coders here to understand what he does, if you can provide us a link hopefully :)

Jorgo

I've tried to contact that programmer, but he hasn't responded, sorry :(

7P-Darkman

Hello, GeceBekcisi,

First, it would like to congratulate you for excellent script? is being very useful for some HUBs where I collaborate, of Brazil, where alive.

It would like giving a suggestion to it, that I find that it would still more improve the utility of its excellent script: That such to integrate the databases of the GeoIP, with this database here:

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/

I think that it could create an option where, entering itself with the IP of user, we geographically to determine the probable localization of it, and link of the database ?Global Gazetteer? to start to be part of the UserINFO of this user.

Latitude, longitude, climate and other information to be situated user, of the database ?Global Gazetteer? can help to create more rules to filter users of the HUB.

Well, I wait to have collaborated to improve this still more its excellent script.

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman
Owner of HUB Pantanal - Brasil

Thor

Hm, i think this is impossible. You can't get the users city from his/her IP adress. Maybe country is possible via GeoIP, and then just send a link to the user, like this:
This user is from Hungary: http://www.fallingrain.com/world/HU/
But i think it is a too big reguest :o
But i don't know exactly, GeceBekcisi will answer it you.

GeceBekcisi

Well..

First of all, there's not a proper database file there, so we have
to collect all the data to a single file like GeoIP is which is a gigantic
and hard work to do on my own...

Secondly, GeoIP works very accurately for countries because
(I think) maxmind fetches IP ranges directly from RIRs (Regional
Internet Registries, like ARIN, RIPE, LACNIC etc) which store exact
country data for IP ranges. But exact geographic data may differ
than the ISP reported to RIRs.

For example, my ISP reports the city which it has its HQ in it as
location, but I am not living in that city ;) So both problems avoid
us (scripters) to write such a script

About UserBekcisi development
Next release will be based on plugins system so that you'll be able
to select which functionalities you want to have in your UserBekcisi;
but as a confession, I have to say I had lots of problems in real life
and I want a break.. That means don't expect a new beta soon..

Also I have to add my disappointment about your (users') feedbacks,
nobody doesn't report anything about the script.. Is it because nobody
can't find any bug or they find but don't report it?
I feel alone :(

Best Regards,
GeceBekcisi

Thor

I use it on 3 hubs, nowhere was errors. I search often IP-s and nicks, and this script works perfectly ;) Don't give up this great and standalone script, continue it 8)

7P-Darkman

Hello GeceBekcisi,

I understand the difficulty, and I know that the inexacting of the databases can compromise the final result? but it does not want to try?

Well, I reported a problem, when found it, and readily was taken care of by you, and to be thankful? remembers to it again? 

http://ptxscriptdb.psycho-chihuahua.net/download.php?view.241

I am trying well to translate its script for the Portuguese of Brazil, to facilitate still more the adoption of it for the HUBs of my parents? as soon as will have a ready version, I will send to you, for its approval.

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman
Owner of HUB Pantanal - Brasil

Alexinno

could you add another function to the script ?
I need something like this
let's pretend I added a range 81.180.171.1-81.180.171.255 to network It4web
so when the users from that network will connect to the hub they'll? receive a msg like this

...Your ISP is It4web you must set your nick to? [It4web]nick
..some larger text
Disconnected

10q in advance

GeceBekcisi

Well, that request is totally offtopic and will have low demand; so I will write a seperate script for it in 1-2 days. OK?

Alexinno

yes, i'll wait for it

can you make it to use the UserBekcisi.v1.00.RC3.lua ISP database ?

GeceBekcisi

hmm.. then it seems I'll add it to UserBekcisi as a plugin..

it will be in next build of UserBekcisi..

Alexinno

that will be nice

i'll be back for the new version ;)

Alexinno

Quote from: Alexinno on 17 June, 2006, 23:56:01
could you add another function to the script ?
I need something like this
let's pretend I added a range 81.180.171.1-81.180.171.255 to network It4web
so when the users from that network will connect to the hub they'll  receive a msg like this

...Your ISP is It4web you must set your nick to  [It4web]nick
..some larger text
Disconnected

10q in advance

i wanna change my request , i wan't the script to do this

- if a user's IP matches with one of the ISP in the data base, then...he will be disconnected to make him fix the problem
...Your ISP is It4web you must set your nick to  [It4web]nick
Disconnected

if not then nothing happens with him
- and can you do somethig about the lag ?

10x

GeceBekcisi

This weekend, I'll be able to start coding again; so I will code it just the way you want.

By the way, can you describe "the lag" more please? Like..
- When does it happen?
- How long does it take?
- Can you post your configuration here? (type !ubc in main chat and place the output here)
- Can you send your actions.log and commands.log files in private message? (both should be located under UserBekcisi\Logs folder)

Best regards
GeceBekcisi

Alexinno

it happens only when i restart the scripts and it takes about 1-2 minutes, but i can live with that :D
maybe my server is the problem because it's a AMD Duron 500 Mhz + 128 Sdram :| and i have 400-500 users

GeceBekcisi

This is caused by database save method I used, and it depends on CPU power a lot. It overwrites database file with most up-to-date content on script exit. Sadly, it's not possible to create an effective fix for this at the moment (unless we have a faster SQL plugin); but there are some work arounds..

Most possible one is: Saving database on exit might be disabled and user data would be saved on-the-fly; which may result in gigantic database file sizes as well as long load times but I can add a command or timed action to compact database (which will result in longer lags when used).

I can create an option for that in next release..

Alexinno

don't worry about , like i said i can live with that .... i would like to hear about the new version of the script :P

Low

Hello. Any chance that this script is going to be converted to LUA 5.1 ? Really like it. :)

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Low on 18 August, 2006, 18:48:03
Hello. Any chance that this script is going to be converted to LUA 5.1 ? Really like it. :)

GB is away from DC, won't come back too soon, you need a volunter.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Low

Hehe lets hope a kind harted volunter reads this and converts it to 5.1 ;) I've tried mutors 5.0-5.1 script but i didnt get it to work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk