need help with MySQL

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

need help with MySQL

Started by sacreddancer, 24 August, 2006, 13:15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

sacreddancer

I am using MySQL,I have it up and running but now I don't know how to hit the server on the web? I'm trying to upload my template to my page....Can anyone help????
Posted on: 23 August 2006, 13:29:15
Im trying to run MySQL locally but I can't seem to hit my machine that way.if anyone can help it would be great.I just want to know how to hit my machine locally to run the server with MySQL.......

bastya_elvtars

The wors you use confuse me. You are using a MySQL server, and want to connect to it from remote?

Is there skip-networking directive in your MySQL config file? What MySQL version?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Herodes

What are you going to be using the MySQL backend for ? I am asking because there are some distributions for particular tasks (xampp for example..) that may help you setup what you need to run in order to achieve smth ,,,

I guess it is the server that it is not starting .. but until there is more info I can't really say.

bastya_elvtars

OK, the thing is in expert hands now.
*walks outta here*
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

sacreddancer

I'm using WinMySQLadmin 1.3 and MySQL Front 3.2 (ver 1.36) the server is running but I can't hit it locally
with a localhost or ip address...I don't know if my router is stopping me. There is no firewall up..all firewalls are shut down.I tried to hit the server on the web and it keeps coming up with page can't be displayed

I'm trying to setup my web server for my hub.

Herodes

Quote from: sacreddancer on 24 August, 2006, 13:48:48
I'm using WinMySQLadmin 1.3 and MySQL Front 3.2 (ver 1.36) the server is running but I can't hit it locally
with a localhost or ip address...I don't know if my router is stopping me. There is no firewall up..all firewalls are shut down.I tried to hit the server on the web and it keeps coming up with page can't be displayed

I'm trying to setup my web server for my hub.
In such case I recommend that you setup xampp there are many versions of the bundle like lite and stuff...
It is the most trouble-free thing you could do .. I bet you .. :D

Ooh.. uninstall everything related before you install xampp,... cause you don't want any conflicts :)

sacreddancer

Does this work with windows XP sp2 and AMD 64 bit machine?
Posted on: 24 August 2006, 15:10:55
Thank you for all your help...It looks like its running just have to figure out how to set it up now

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: sacreddancer on 24 August, 2006, 14:58:09
Thank you for all your help...It looks like its running just have to figure out how to set it up now

Set up WHAT? XAMPP?

Psycho_Chihuahua

Setting up XAMPP is as easy as abc (or 123 if you will)

Use the exe to install and when you get asked if you want to install Apache/MySQL as a Service you check "yes".
FTP you dont need to install as a service cause there are better ftp servers than mozillaFTP.

once you have done this you can connect to http://localhost to see your "still default" Website.....from there you goto the security settings from XAMPP and set password/username for Xampp/MySQL...

after that you are actually all ready to go.

to setup new databases you can go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin and enter "root" as Username and the password you set in the security part of Xampp.

when you decide to use forum softs or other web stuff, those files go in your Xampp/htdocs folder...

for a more detailed installation manual check the apachefriends/Xampp Website
PtokaxWiki ?PtokaX Mirror + latest Libs

01100001011011000111001101101111001000000110101101101110011011110111011101101110001000000110000101110011001000000101010001101111011010110110111101101100011011110111001101101000

JueLz

yes yes i have set up xapp but there is a problem i need to make a menu for my homepage!!!
I am owner of the MzDistortion? Empire
the addy to my hub is mzdistortion.no-ip.org

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: JueLz on 24 August, 2006, 19:55:53
yes yes i have set up xapp but there is a problem i need to make a menu for my homepage!!!

That's up to you how you make it. I recommend website baker (I use it on lawmaker.no-ip.org and like it).

JueLz

hum...
ok i use it give the link please

Herodes

Quote from: JueLz on 26 August, 2006, 13:54:24
hum...
ok i use it give the link please
I recommend to all to declare JuelZ an OFFICIAL TROLL

c'mon you don't know how to find something on the web and you want to make a webpage wtf ?!?!! how old are you?
Unegotiable Rule no1 for making a website: To build a website you need to know how to use google.

feel free to smite him/her ..

modular

JueLz

I will search for the link in google then :(
Posted on: 26 August 2006, 15:51:12
And i know how to use google very well i am downloading Website Baker!!!

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Herodes on 26 August, 2006, 14:01:16
I recommend to all to declare JuelZ an OFFICIAL TROLL

c'mon you don't know how to find something on the web and you want to make a webpage wtf ?!?!! how old are you?

feel free to smite him/her ..

Come on, man, you seem a bit sensitive nowadays.

Herodes

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 27 August, 2006, 14:43:24
Come on, man, you seem a bit sensitive nowadays.
yep, and I can't really apologise for that when ppl don't show the will to do things they want to achieve. :)

@Juelz: hmmok,.. good... whats next ?

JueLz

WHAT'S NEXT??? hmmm.... nothing i guess

Herodes

sacreddancer

I am using uniform server, I got my server up and running how do I set up my server to connect outside the localhost like if I wanted to use no-ip.com? Do I have to redirect it to there?

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: sacreddancer on 01 September, 2006, 14:55:45
I am using uniform server, I got my server up and running how do I set up my server to connect outside the localhost like if I wanted to use no-ip.com? Do I have to redirect it to there?

As I could see, Uniform Server uses Apache. In the config, there should be:
Listen 80
ServerName sacreddancer.no-ip.org

JueLz

Hmm you could also use
xampp
nice server but ... have to protect it in the firewall!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk