POLL FOR BETATESTERS - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

POLL FOR BETATESTERS

Started by ptaczek, 05 December, 2003, 13:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Troubadour

last releases of odc++ doesn't work with the new build (keeps getting disconnected)

-Troubadour-
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

Smile

Count me...  :]  i have a hub of 700 user...
i've changed addres... (freestyle.no-ip.biz)

XPMAN

I would like to test it, i am testing the PtokaX 3.3.0 15.18 now. I run a private hub with right at 1200 members, most of the time 700+ in. Keep up the good work. I am offically a di-hard PtokaX hub user and love it.

Typhoon

agree to all the above.. we have allways 1000+ users and increasing..

Intel

Why is it that always its only big hubs that get the bigger chances, what about us who have lets say +200 or +300 and cannot manage more than max 500 people ? give it some freedom guys, make it equal...

My point of view on things

Punnakku
Punnakku

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by Intel
Why is it that always its only big hubs that get the bigger chances, what about us who have lets say +200 or +300 and cannot manage more than max 500 people ? give it some freedom guys, make it equal...

Punnakku
because for the reason you just gave yourself you won't be able 2 find these problems.
if you take a look in the beta test thread you can find a post from me where i report about a memory problem.
as you can only hold 500 user you won't be able 2 kick 1000+ users.
this makes it useless for you 2 run those beta's.
but ppl like you who have smaller hub's are also needed, for example what happens if the hub is running for over 4 weeks ??
every1 should test what he is best in, big hub's can test things wich small hub's can't do.
it's not 2 tease the small hub's @ all, just a fact.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

lazyj189

agreed.  Bigger hubs get to really test out the software to its limits.  us smaller hubs (mine is 250 max) just cant "push" the software like it is sometimes needed when there is a problem like this one.  I myself figure that ptaczek knows somewhere that I can do 250 users max, and that if I was needed to test out this .23 or whatever release it is, I would have access to it.  Since I do not, nor has a release been sent to me via email, then I am not going to stress and worry about it.  I will just keep on testing the 15.18 that I have and report any errors.  So I say if the bigger hubs are needed to test the limits of ptokax, then so be it.  Also rememebr this.... Its not all about getting the best and newest release of the software.  We're beta testers.  That means (to me) that we have been asked to help out in the perfection (or as close to) of certian software.  It didnt mean to compete or "get what we can".  It's to help Ptaczek out in his developing.  We're doing this to help him out so he can release publically a version that will be worth while.  Just keep this in mind when anyone thinks of the "fairness" of big hubs getting newer releases vs. smaller hubs.
DivX Dominion Hub Owner
3 years running
DivX Dominion Hub

Hades

Ok I'm claping my hands now!!

Does ptokax 3.3.0 support external bots???
Anyone?

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by Hades
Ok I'm claping my hands now!!

Does ptokax 3.3.0 support external bots???
Anyone?

yes it does :)) but depends on what the external bot does :))
Resistance is futile!

Hades

ArchosWise does mostly all!
Can i add a bot op in 330 and does it work cause in my hub got to run cracked paured bai cuz tesdrive 4 doesnl support archos!

ptaczek

Punnakku

You're taking it too much personally. As I said before everyone has the same options. Test whatever you want. Your effort is apreciated and needed.
With software it's almost the same as with any other product. In order to have a safe product at the end you have to test it under extreme conditions. Because the probability of failure is higher. You can drive your car on 25MPH all the time and everything's alright. Then you try it on 250MPH and you burn the wheels... And it was still the same car :)
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

ptaczek

Testers are still needed. Im trying to reply on mails and PMs as soon as I get some time. Last PMing has took me abou 1.5 hour ;) So be patient and repeat your subscription if you are waiting more than say 14 days :o)

Thanx to everyone!
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by ptaczek

Punnakku

You're taking it too much personally. As I said before everyone has the same options. Test whatever you want. Your effort is apreciated and needed.
With software it's almost the same as with any other product. In order to have a safe product at the end you have to test it under extreme conditions. Because the probability of failure is higher. You can drive your car on 25MPH all the time and everything's alright. Then you try it on 250MPH and you burn the wheels... And it was still the same car :)

damn nice example, but ever tryed a corner at that speed lol
Resistance is futile!

MetalQueen

Ptaczek you need some users sent to a beta test hub we can send some your way i am sure for your test :P Just let me know . Been away awhile . beta seemed to hold up when i was away :D WOOHOO!!
Proud owner of  ?L? ??H??L ?? ??W?RK??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk