whats kicking with ptokax? (a serious question!)

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

whats kicking with ptokax? (a serious question!)

Started by Corayzon, 03 August, 2004, 11:10:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Corayzon

as we all know, ptokax has been in development for a long time now. i came across it about 6 months
ago, when looking for documentation on the p2p protocol, and ever sinse, i have never looked
back.

but now after such a long time with not so much as a utta about anything that is happening, i grow bored of waiting. my question, is ptokax still under development? or is it some project that has been brushed away without any consideration for the ppl using it.

this is low of me, but me and a few others grow tired of waiting for a few minor fixes, in the last major release to be fixed. and i figure if a few ppl i know are growing inpatient, im sure alot more are on this forum!

is nething happening or should i change hub soft now and put my time into something that is still having something done to it?

*** i dun wanna wait 10 years for some hubsoft that is only used for its side script capabilities.

[G-T-E]Gate?

I think that it would be safe to say that Quality is not made ion one day ,
Iam sure that the scripters working on the new PTx version are doing their best and will release it when they are pleased.
So give them the time they need and we'll all be happy .
Or if ppl are just impatient , run what u got or change.

From a Pleased Patient Gray Haird old Dude..

"Keep om truckin"
Regards G8

Corayzon

yea, but the truth of the matter is, ive heard this to much, and do u actually know that the developers are doing anything at all?

we can all say alot, but when are we gonna see something.

*** when i started scripting in lua 6 months ago, debug 15.25 was out. and now, nothing has changed at all! all i want is proper release that has OnExit() and has the entire DataArrival() blockable. So i can write a script for it that will work 100% on a PROPER release of ptokax.

Corayzon

neways, im going back to real life for another few weeks ...

i hope there is gonna be some news sometime soon to keep us waiting patiently!

Event_Horizon

a short report about the progress every month would make it easier to understand why we have to wait....

I don't wanna have a hubsoft who's not as good as the previous one... i don't know anything bout programming or scripting but i seems to be hard work....

so PLZ Ptaczek give us a short statement bout the progess of PX

THX a head
Greez ????_H???z??
??????????????????

??/v\\ \'?\' ?@?? ???? is Secured by RoboCop? Created by Optimus?

Flux

I can understand the comments / suggestions made, I myself is one of the biggest supporters of PtokaX and the scripts I use to make my hub safe and a better place to be, like many others out there.

I have read many posts about the future release of our great HubSoft and is always leading to the same answer that we wait for in all the posts that we read.

Also I was to concerned to mention anything about the progress of PtokaX in case getting replies stating the writers / programers are on the case be patient.

Now I agree with Corayzon, lets have some real info how far are we in the progress. If I remember rightly some time ago I heard the the new PtokaX was around 80% complete and I am sure that was 6 months ago.

It would also be nice as suggested before in this post to have monthly updates, if there is still a future release.

I can also understand there maybe complications but let us know so we can show you our support to help you further. Cause at the moment it's only rumours and we are dying slowly here as users of this great HubSoft as we have not been fed for ages. We need nourishment to survive. Cause the competitors are making extensions and so forth on. But we are hanging on a thread atm because we don't want to move and we are putting our faith with PTOKAX.....
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

Flux

Also if there is a new version really being released any chance of whats added or removed or changed or new...
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

plop

@ Corayzon: it's not about what you want, it's about what pta wants.
you might like the option 2 see everything blockable, i don't.
this means a more complex/bigger lua api which makes it slower, this might be acceptable for small hub's but not for big 1ce.
and it's not all minor fixes.
pta wants 2 build a brand new database system.
the word replacer still isn't enabled because it hasn't been fixed.

@ every1: also those new flooders caused a delay, alltho they are fixed in the newer non public beta's.
the way they work now makes those versions slower then the older beta's, which as you might expect needs 2 be optimized.
it might be me but hublist.org shows the amount of hub's running ptokax is rising.

give pta some time, he has his own life, his g/f, some exams, and some other projects beside ptokax.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Corayzon

hey all,

this has been a good discussion about ptokax, thankz for all the opinions from all =]

*** someone let me know when ptokax is done, cause im not wasting my time on old releases that arnt compatable with the new ones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk