PtokaX LiveUpdate

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX LiveUpdate

Started by Meka][Meka, 16 December, 2004, 08:35:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Meka][Meka

hello...i recently was bored so decided to write ptokax liveupdate.... but not sure wether to finish it up, afterall how long is it gonna be b4 new ptokax is released, updating of ptokax is extremely slow...but i thought maybe someone here may have some ideas for this.....

DOWNLOAD EXAMPLE TD3 2 TD4

-/Meka][Meka
Do you know what \'nemesis\' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an \'orrible cunt... me.

[NL]Pur

blackwings

why a update program when ptokax very rarely updates(you practiclly said it your self in you post)??

nEgativE

Meka][Meka

QuoteOriginally posted by blackwings
why a update program when ptokax very rarely updates(you practiclly said it your self in you post)??

like i also said in post, boredom, but to be honest, it cud still be easier for when new ptokax are eventually released it saves having to download the package and manually move the files into place or to make new installation, this will auto replace the files, putting them in right dir etc
Do you know what \'nemesis\' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an \'orrible cunt... me.

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by Meka][Meka

like i also said in post, boredom, but to be honest, it cud still be easier for when new ptokax are eventually released it saves having to download the package and manually move the files into place or to make new installation, this will auto replace the files, putting them in right dir etc
ok, you're right. You could also have the updater automatically put the script that makes lua 4 scripts work in the new ptokax

Meka][Meka

ok, you're right. You could also have the updater automatically put the script that makes lua 4 scripts work in the new ptokax

ok will do, will see ppk about that... :)

blackwings

Didn't Plop post that script a while ago?

Meka][Meka

Didn't Plop post that script a while ago?

hmmm duno i'll have a look round...

can u post link to thread if u find it (cant find it anywhere)

edit: altho come to think about it, the server has the update.dat which basically tells the updater which files are to be sent ( which upated )

so on new ptokax release the lua4-to-5 can be included on the updated list

bastya_elvtars

*topic off*

nice sig meka, agree ;)

*topic on*
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Meka][Meka

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
*topic off*

nice sig meka, agree ;)

*topic on*

*off topic

:D  8)

*on topic

ok will put this up for download, jus finished readme etc then i'll upload a td3 package with liveupdate so anyone wanting to can test it updating to td4

Meka][Meka

ok posted the example check first post on this thread....

i have someone hosting the files for now, if anyone wants to be mirror, if they have a site then reply i will pm the details on how to update etc, i will be adding mirror selection for downloading, and few other things

enema

You know what? PLop's deflood updater would be more useful... since there are new hub flooder out almost every week...

btw, robocop updater would be nice too... but PX? I dont think so...

Meka][Meka

QuoteOriginally posted by enema
You know what? PLop's deflood updater would be more useful... since there are new hub flooder out almost every week...

btw, robocop updater would be nice too... but PX? I dont think so...

1: i write flooders y wud i wanna help everyone update and block the floods?

2: robocop is someones script, writing it for 1 person wud mean i need to make for everyone that asks, unfair otherwise

3: ptokax will come in more useful when ptokax is eventually on a roll

DJ Bert

PX Updater  :D
Whahahaha
Right, better is a Plop updater or even RC. Or maybe is a Guardian updater a option for you :P

plop

nice 1 meka.
check this topic 425 and 425 converter.
but it only works on small/simple scripts.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

NightLitch

I must say: STOP being so rude to Meka][Meka hes is coming with a good thing and all you idiots can do is trash it...

*Changed*

No offence

/NightLitch
//NL

BoJlk

I gotto say:
it's a cool idea!
thou PX won't be release with a new version so often,
and even after "updated" still the PX will need to be restarted.
If you'll make updater for scripts

QuoteMeka][Meka: "writing it for 1 person wud mean i need to make for everyone that asks, unfair otherwise"
i ugree with you on this.
and even if updating Scpits like Deflood/RoboCop (just an example) not all the scripts contain *.ini file for saved settings.

Eventually it's a Nice and a Frash idea!
Good for you Meka][Meka

*off topic

stop writing flooders!

*on topic

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by BoJlk
*off topic

stop writing flooders!

*on topic

agree, write a GUI for me instead ;p
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

BoJlk

LOL you again with your GUI for LawMaker.  :D

bastya_elvtars

im a medical student not a programmer so have no time

altho i found a guy who will probably write me a nice c++ gui, but i am thinking of a web based config wizard too

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by plop
nice 1 meka.

plop
hmm, so even with this script, main scripts like RoboCop won't work in the new ptokax?

hmm, thats to bad, when the new ptokax comes, we need to use standalone script for everthing until the developers of the mainbots has develop a lua 5 version of their main bot.

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by plop
nice 1 meka.

plop
hmm, so even with this script, main scripts like RoboCop won't work in the new ptokax?

hmm, thats to bad, when the new ptokax comes, we need to use standalone script for everthing until the developers of the mainbots has develop a lua 5 version of their main bot.

it's not that hard as you think.. need 2 be a little brave 4 it... do not worry, it will go smooth.

blackwings

it's not that hard as you think.. need 2 be a little brave 4 it... do not worry, it will go smooth.
will it? I think that many people will very soon after the new ptokax release make loads of request. So the best thing is really for the developers of the main bots to make final developments on their bots and start develop a lua 5 version of this "final development" of their bot. If thats done before the release of the new ptokax, then I will believe in you that everything will go smoothly.

bastya_elvtars

will it? I think that many people will very soon after the new ptokax release make loads of request. So the best thing is really for the developers of the main bots to make final developments on their bots and start develop a lua 5 version of this "final development" of their bot. If thats done before the release of the new ptokax, then I will believe in you that everything will go smoothly.

I am working on it with lawmaker... altho bit hard as i have not got that ptokax (only NightLitch updates Thor afaik and plop AI)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk