Trivia-Ex-V.0.68 for Lua 5 - Page 4

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Trivia-Ex-V.0.68 for Lua 5

Started by Jelf, 13 March, 2005, 12:07:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubikk

edit: sorry.. my 1st double post :)

Sarpanch

Hi can anyone tell me where i can get questions for trivia besdies the 1s already in there? thanks

night_hawk

you can always make your own quetions if you use the new trivia verion....that is what i am doing...

Sarpanch

Yea i am using the new trivia version, i think ill do that instead thanks :]

Jacko

hello ?(
I am using 0.3.3.0 build 17.08debug & triv 0.68b

do any of you know of a script that will collect top 10 players from triv on my command and send info to a ptokax text file called something like trivhistory,so before i reset scores the top 10 would be logged .
so text file would show

August top 10
1st  bla
2nd bla-bla
and onward

I am thinking that i only want to log position & not all the other stuff

thanks  :rolleyes:
if I read this for long enough maybe one day i will understand

Ubikk

I have about 18.000 questions stored in my question files, but users are still complaining about the fact that the same questions are displayed over and over again in short intervals of time...
Do you guys have any suggestion to avoid that? :(

bangee

old in the older versions of ptokax when you nswered the trivia questions it would look like this

[2005-08-06 13:10] nirvana
[2005-08-06 13:10] <-Trivia-> Correct MarcoLtd. the answer was "nirvana", You get 7 Point(s). Answer solved in 10.48 sec.
[2005-08-06 13:10] <-Trivia-> That gives you a total score of 7 Point(s).
[2005-08-06 13:10] <-Trivia-> QUESTION - Nr. 5426 from 6411 Questions.

now on the newer versions they look like this

[09:00:56] <-Trivia-> Correct Marco the answer was "Frankie Goes To Hollywood", You get 7 Point(s). Answer solved in 312.17 sec.
[09:00:56] frankie goes to hollywood

is there anyway to fix it to make it look like the older version. doesnt have to be exact but would like to show the total score when you answer a questions. so you dont need ot type in  !trivscore each time to find out what your score is.

thanks for any help on this

bangee

2 more questions to report

the trivhint and trivskip are comming up as disabled even though they are enabled in the script

Paco

I only have 4200 questions in my trivia file, but i noticed that questions are repeating. Can some1 figer out why? And other thing. Some of them are co`playning about lag. How cand I reduce it in this version. Where should I change in settings. Thks.

(-=TrIp-iN-SuN=-)

same one can doing this script like that i need help plz?

[10:31]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Question :          What Is The Artist From The Music Smack My Bitch Up ?
   Answer :       *******
   Point(s) : 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Answer :       P******
   Point(s) : 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Answer :       P****g*
   Point(s) : 5
[10:32]
   Answer :       Pr***g*
   Point(s) : 4
   Answer :       Pr**ig*
   Point(s) : 3
    Answer :    Prodigy
    Point(s) : 0
 NEXT QUESTION IN 10 SECONDS
   Question :          What Is The Artist From The Music Dive 2 Dive ?
   Answer :       ***** *****
   Point(s) : 10
   Question :          What Is The Artist From The Music Dive 2 Dive ?
   Answer :       S**** S****
   Point(s) : 8

(-=TrIp-iN-SuN=-)

when i changed to use hint command here

TrivEx._Sets.folder = "TRIVIA"               -- The name of the Folder, for the Questionfile.

TrivEx._Sets.showcorrectanswer = 1            -- 1 = shows detailed stuff, 2 = only shows that it was the right answer
TrivEx._Sets.showquestion = 1               -- 1 = Shows "Question Number,Category,Question,Answer", 2 = Shows "Question Number,Question,Answer", 3 = Shows "Question,Answer"
TrivEx._Sets.revealques = 2               -- 1 = Random displaying of hints, 2 = Displays the first letters of the hint first (Grands Trivia).
TrivEx._Sets.trivshowhint = 2               -- 1 = reveal by number of chars 2 = reveal by number of hints

TrivEx._Sets.autostop = 10               -- nil when no autostop, 1 - endless, when you want the script to stop after a certain number of unanswered questions

TrivEx._Sets.splitques = 90               -- After how many chars the question is splitted

TrivEx._Sets.memques = 50               -- How many questions are loaded into Memory

TrivEx._Sets.breaktime = 5               -- Trivia Break Time in minutes
TrivEx._Sets.timebreak = 20               -- Time in minutes till Trivia Break

TrivEx._Sets.dobreak = 1               -- 1 = do a triviabreak between 'TrivEx._Sets.timebreak' Minutes, 0 = no triviabreak

TrivEx._Sets.showques = 15               -- Time between each hint in seconds

TrivEx._Sets.displscorers = 100               -- The number of trivia scorers shown
TrivEx._Sets.displtoptrivs = 10               -- Number of top trivias shown

TrivEx._Sets.revealedchars = 2               -- Stands for how many chars are revealed per hint.
TrivEx._Sets.shownhints = 4               -- Stands for how many Hints are displayed (May not be totally accurate)
TrivEx._Sets.solveques = 2               -- The Question will be solved when there are only 'TrivEx._Sets.solveques' unrevealed chars left
TrivEx._Sets.keepstreak = 1               -- Handles streak after unanswered questions   == 1 - keep streak ; 0 - lose streak
TrivEx._Sets.maintoall = true               -- Restrict play in main == true: everyone is a player; false: every trivia player has to login
TrivEx._Sets.showstreak = true               -- true = Show streak messages; false = don't show

i all time get this

[23:47] TriviaHint is currently disabled.

Jacko

one of the wise ones will maybe know better way but i think the setting you want is here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--   TRIVIA EX CONFIG
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TrivEx._Config = {}

TrivEx._Config.mode =       "main"            -- "main" = Trivia is played in MainChat, "pm" = Trivia is played in PM
TrivEx._Config.showquesmode =    1            -- Questions Mode 1 = Random, 2 = Sequential (e.g. 1,2,3)

TrivEx._Config.trivskip =    0            -- 1 = trivskip enabled, 0 = disabled

TrivEx._Config.trivhint =    0            -- 1 = trivhint enabled, 0 = disabled
TrivEx._Config.sequentialnum =    0

you are maybe changing the wrong setting   :(

I am using V.0.68b.lau5
if I read this for long enough maybe one day i will understand

??????Hawk??????

change

TrivEx._Config.trivhint = 0 -- 1 = trivhint enabled, 0 = disabled

to

TrivEx._Config.trivhint = 1 -- 1 = trivhint enabled, 0 = disabled

DJ-Chris

Can u make start trivia automaitc every 2 hours at right time ??  ?(

bastya_elvtars

So every day at 2:00? Why not use a clientside script for it?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

DJ-Chris

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
So every day at 2:00? Why not use a clientside script for it?

Bro start every 2 hours but at exact time

00:00

02:00

04:00

05:00

etcc...

bastya_elvtars

Can you post a link to the trivia version you are using?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

DJ-Chris

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
Can you post a link to the trivia version you are using?

-- Converted to Lua5 By Jelf 12/03/05 With thanks to kepp
-- Trivia Ex V 0.68 by chill
-- Serialisation by RabidWombat, modded to exclude functions

-- This script is opensource, that means that anybody may edit/copy this code
-- and I will not come and cry for money, if you take bits to make a even more useless script
-- then leave a note over it with my name, would be cool :).

-- Lucida Console, Courier New

thanx bro :))

phorum

I have reported a bug in PtokaX concerning the random generated data function, which affects the TriviaEx.v.68 script. When you start the PtokaX server the questions in trivia are just the same as the last time Ptokax was started. I can see that other users have reported the same behaviour. This problems manifested itself in Ptokax 3.3.21. In the previous version 3.3.1 everything works perfectly, and if the LUA interpreter incorporated in Ptokax 3.3.21 is the same version as in 3.3.1, it is clear that the problem lies in PtokaX (something i could not convince PPK in several PM's too ... lol)
QuotePPK: Hi, sorry but i don't know what random generator you mean  If is something in lua, then must be lua bug (i don't make any changes in lua related to random generator from 0.3.3.1 to 0.3.3.2x)...
Probably the call for the random function from the integrated LUA interpreter has some problems. I want to know if someone has discovered something new around this PtokaX bug. It is very annoying because it pretty much renders the trivia useless. Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

P.S. For all users of trivia v.0.68, if you want the script to work normally, you can downgrade to PtokaX 3.3.1 until this issue is resolved.

bastya_elvtars

Sorry, but bthis is incorrect. This is due to the behaviour of LUA, and has nothing to do with PtokaX. If you post a link, I will fix this in Triv.

Dessamator

QuoteOriginally posted by phorum
I have reported a bug in PtokaX concerning the random generated data function, which affects the TriviaEx.v.68 script. When you start the PtokaX server the questions in trivia are just the same as the last time Ptokax was started. I can see that other users have reported the same behaviour. This problems manifested itself in Ptokax 3.3.21. In the previous version 3.3.1 everything works perfectly, and if the LUA interpreter incorporated in Ptokax 3.3.21 is the same version as in 3.3.1, it is clear that the problem lies in PtokaX (something i could not convince PPK in several PM's too ... lol)
QuotePPK: Hi, sorry but i don't know what random generator you mean  If is something in lua, then must be lua bug (i don't make any changes in lua related to random generator from 0.3.3.1 to 0.3.3.2x)...
Probably the call for the random function from the integrated LUA interpreter has some problems. I want to know if someone has discovered something new around this PtokaX bug. It is very annoying because it pretty much renders the trivia useless. Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

P.S. For all users of trivia v.0.68, if you want the script to work normally, you can downgrade to PtokaX 3.3.1 until this issue is resolved.

Simple to solve, create ur own random function, if u have the knowledge to do so.
Ignorance is Bliss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk