Clients with selective hub folder sharing

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Clients with selective hub folder sharing

Started by QuikThinker, 17 July, 2004, 16:41:00

Previous topic - Next topic

QuikThinker

Does any1 know any versions of DC where u can select what folders u wanna share in which particular hubs? I've seen one called FDC++ but apparantly it's a private client.
Anyone know any public versions with this kinda feature?

Quik.

Tarot

that = new fore me never see FDC++  ?(
it like me handy to have that dc
Gothic Metal City

photoshop and 3D

QuikThinker

Yea it'd be a very handy feature 4 a client 2 have. FDC++ is based on the CZDC++ client but with additional features.
It'd be good coz then u can share jus games in a certain game hub & jus music in a music hub then maybe "special" files if ur in an OP-only hub.

QuikThinker

This FDC++ that I saw just looked like a normal client except in "favorites" u actually had an extra window where u chose which folders u wanted 2 share 4 that hub. Very nice feature.

Event_Horizon

sounds interessting....

if there is one available it would be nice to get the link
Greez ????_H???z??
??????????????????

??/v\\ \'?\' ?@?? ???? is Secured by RoboCop? Created by Optimus?

[NL]Pur

do you have it QuikThinker ?

or is it just a rumor?

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by QuikThinker
FDC++ is based on the CZDC++ client but with additional features.
Additional features = cheating features (no search respond, fake share) :D
And selective folders sharing is copied from czech oDC mod and working only in 0.306 based version :]
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

[NL]Pur

ah PPk can't you send a patch to Arne :D

so everyone can enjoy that multi share thing feature :)

QuikThinker

lol I didn't wanna promote a client with fakeshare's etc.. Jus wanted 2 know if there's was any other client with selective-hub folder sharin, I think a lot of users would benefit from this.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by [NL]Pur
ah PPk can't you send a patch to Arne :D
This feature is already rejected for DC++ -> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=657143&group_id=40287&atid=527768

QuoteQuikThinker
Jus wanted 2 know if there's was any other client with selective-hub folder sharin
I know only one working, but last version is 0.306 and actually download page is empty without files. And btw this feature don't working if user is on more hub and another user on 2 or more same hubs want filelist (not bug of client, but problem of DC protocol) :))
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

[NL]Pur

QuoteThis feature is already rejected for DC++ -> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...amp;atid=527768

noooooooooooooooooooo

:(  :(  :(  :(  X(  X(

buuuhuuu

snik

snik

[NL]Pur

QuoteI know only one working, but last version is 0.306 and actually download page is empty without files. And btw this feature don't working if user is on more hub and another user on 2 or more same hubs want filelist (not bug of client, but problem of DC protocol)

does it btw matter what the filename is of a filelist?

otherwise you could just call the filelist by the hubname that it is for.

with some modifications on dc++ i think it should be possible, i don't see reasons for that bug.

i still have the visual studio .net thing installed without using it :)

so i just going to try to compile dc++ first. Any tips whould be welcome :)

Sedulus

it's not just a matter of sending the correct filelist,
also of having the correct virtual filelist mapped when someone asks for a file.

the obvious option is to base  this on the users nickname, but this will fail if two users on different hubs have the same nick.

another option is to use different incoming ports for different hubs, but this can be a pain, especially for NAT'ed users.

adding a hubname somewhere in the client-to-client protocol creates incompatabilities, so this isn't an option either.

the real option is to wait for ADC support.

[NL]Pur

Quotethe obvious option is to base this on the users nickname, but this will fail if two users on different hubs have the same nick.

so you have to base it on

hub and username.

can't you just make a check that looks in which hub the user is in?

Then if hub = Blahhub
   send blahhub-filelist.bz2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk