Min/max slots / upload speed instead of profile

Min/max slots / upload speed instead of profile

Started by WitchHunter, 06 August, 2011, 09:42:59

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchHunter

Hi scripters and other members of the Loa Board :)

I have been searching for a script where one can set min and max slots / upload speed instead of profile. What I'm trying to say is that in our hub we have the same profile for a quite wide range of upload speeds and now they all have the same min/max slot rule since they all have the same profile. With a script it would be possible to limit the amount of open slots for those with slower upload speed and at the same time "force" those with faster upload speed to have more slots open.

ie

UL,minslot,maxslot
[0.5],1,1
[10],3,4
[100],6,10

etc (just as an example to show what I mean)

I have seen a script similar to what I am requesting but I cannot find it anywhere here on the forum. If it does exist, could someone please point out the location and if not, if anyone of you scripters would have the time and/or the will to make such a script, it would be very much appreciated   :)

Regards

WH

the-master

Sounds like a load of crap to me, how can you force users if you can't check their uploadspeed by script? it's only a setting in their client and sometimes very unstable.
Why shouldn't you force them to change this setting instead of their uploadslots?
keep on sharing :)

PPK

When idea is good, it will fail because users are not able to set their upload speed correctly :'(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

WitchHunter

Well looks like I did not express my self clear enough :)  my bad of course :)

If a user has the prefix [0.5] he should have x slots open as min and y slots as max. The upload comes from what the users reports when when asked for upload speed. We just have to believe them.
The script I was talking about is not working by checking peoples upload speeds in any technical way, it's working regarding to the prefix. In other words, the scripts checks the prefix from the nick and upon that sets the min and max slots, as in my examples in the earlier post. There's actually no difference to the min/max slots per profile except that this way not so many profiles would be needed.

I have seen such a script here on the forum and I have even tested it, but at the moment can't find it anywhere. That's why I asked.
The script is very close to the 'HSS Check 1.0 LUA 5.1x [Strict] [API 2' made by Mutor except that in this case the checking would not be per profile but per upload prefix.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk