FilterBan

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

FilterBan

Started by jiten, 01 June, 2006, 19:54:55

Previous topic - Next topic

jiten

--[[

FilterBan v1.01 - LUA 5.0/5.1 by jiten (6/2/2006)
	???????????????????????????????????????????
	Based on: FilterBan v 0.0.0.4 (beta) by Hellkeepa

A thousand thanks to Mutor and Dessamator (suggestions); and Toobster (debugging, suggestions)

DESCRIPTION:
	????????????
	Upon !fban'ing a certain user, its details are added to the PtokaX's Banlist:

Nick$ShareSize$Description$Client$ClientVersion$Mode$OpHubs$Hubs$Slots$Connection$Email$TimesBanned$BanType$

Then, whenever a user logs in, his info is checked against the one previously stored.
	This comparison is based on the filters found in tRules. Some of them are hard (accurate) and some aren't (fuzzy).
	Depending on the miminum allowed rules (Settings.iFuzzy; Settings.iHard), the user is temp/permbanned or 
	a suspision report is sent to Operators and no action is taken.

CHANGELOG:
	??????????
	Fixed: !fbset command - reported by Markitos (thanks to Mutor);
	Fixed: !funban command;
	Fixed: FilterBan sReason parser;
	Removed: OnExit function;
	Changed: User Commands description - reported by Markitos;
	Changed: tRules[Rule].bEnable to 0/1;
	Changed: MyINFO loop;
	Added: Timer to rebuild tBan table;
	Added: Currently available Rules on !fbset error - idea by Dessamator (6/2/2006)

]]--

Markitos

When typing...
[22:05] <Estranho_para_ti> !fbset Tag3 on h

Err..
[22:05] Syntax ...ed files\Ptokax 0.3.4.0k0\scripts\FilterBan.v1.0.lua:279: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)

By the way, nice coding  :D

jiten

First post has been updated with some changes and fixes to the code. Enjoy it :P

Hellkeepa

HELLo!

I must say, you've done quite a few changes to my script. :) Unfortunately I'm unable to test it, but it looks quite good from my quick glance through it. Only things I can comment about now are my slight disappointment that you didn't use the CFL for the HUB-spesific functions, which I've already mentioned. :P Also I think the standard values you set up might be a bit too strict, the low number of fuzzy  / hard rules to break before getting banned. That is.
Remember that there are several thousands people that can be included in the check, if they're all on the same large ISP. And then it doesn't take much to get hit by one of the fuzzy filters, so that can (and probably will) produce a lot of false positives.

Hopefully I'll find the time to sit down and go through the changes you've done in detail, and see what I can use to help improve (finish really) the VH version. ;-)

Happy codin'!

Dessamator

Well, im not sure about how the CFL is right now, but handling the way banlists are handled in ptokax and the way they are in Verlihub are very different to say the least, that is probably the biggest problem facing him to convert it for usage with the cfl, besides that I think it could be possible to convert.As you said so yourself ur VH version isnt really finished so it would have been hard to do either way.
Ignorance is Bliss.

jiten

Quote from: Hellkeepa on 07 June, 2006, 20:37:05
I must say, you've done quite a few changes to my script. :) Unfortunately I'm unable to test it, but it looks quite good from my quick glance through it. Only things I can comment about now are my slight disappointment that you didn't use the CFL for the HUB-spesific functions, which I've already mentioned. :P Also I think the standard values you set up might be a bit too strict, the low number of fuzzy? / hard rules to break before getting banned. That is.
Remember that there are several thousands people that can be included in the check, if they're all on the same large ISP. And then it doesn't take much to get hit by one of the fuzzy filters, so that can (and probably will) produce a lot of false positives.

First of all, thank you for your input :)

This is what I was hoping for a while, but, as I stated previously, the VH forum went offline and I couldn?t reach you through the messenger.

When you told me about the CFL, I had already started porting your code (almost 60% of it was done).
Though, it?s not really a problem, as we can surely work on it. I?m also interested in a functional VH version, as I also run a VH hub :P

Regarding the fuzzy/hard rules settings, I used your default settings, but, will change it in the next release to a higher value to provide more "safety".

Hellkeepa

HELLo!

Dessamator: Yeah, I'm painfully aware over the fact that the CFL still needs a lot of work to be viable, and unfortunately I don't have any experience with coding for PX. Hopefully I can get something done about it, now that jiten has expressed his interest in working with the VH version as well. ;) That way it'll be a lot easier to update FB in the future as well. :D

jiten: Yeah, I know. Some bad luck there, for both of us. :P But that's something we can fix, when we're working in the VH version. ;-)
As for the Hard/Fuzzy rules, they weren't my defaults; The guy that did some patching for me changed those, and the version you worked on was released by him (yeah, it created quite a bit of confusion). I used 2 / 3 as the defaults, which means that 1 hard rule and 2 fuzzy rules had to be triggered for a ban, 1 hard, or 2 fuzzy rules, would be a suspicion, and one fuzzy would just go unnoticed.

Was a shame that the new host borked up the transfer of the VH forum, indeed; Never got to read some of the posts people posted for me there. As for my messenger; I can't log into MSN, and have to use a proxy to get to my hotmail account (as well as this site, and numerous others). The likely culprit of this is my modem, unfortunately it's devoid of any type of log or settings that can explain this behaviour..  ::)
To get in touch with me for real-time chat you could join Nyanko@Rizon.net and look me up there, I'm usually on there 24/7 (or at least my client is). ;)

Happy codin'!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk