Server always saying <Enter - Hub name here>

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Server always saying <Enter - Hub name here>

Started by HtHNightwolf, 05 May, 2016, 04:19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

HtHNightwolf

Dear Community,

I have a bit of a problem with a PtokaX server that I just set up running on lubuntu 15.10. I use the newest version of PtokaX from the website.

Thing is, I am a Windows Admin and have my troubles with Linux. A lack of experiance. I never compiled anything before so this was alot reading HowTos for me ;)

My PtokaX is installed in /srv/PtokaX. I edited the Settings.pxt file in /srv/PtokaX/cfg/Settings.pxt and modified the line
#HubName = TestLAN

But whenever I connect to the Hub, If says <Enter - Hub name here> in the top line of the client's window.
I'd appreciate any tip what I am doing wrong.

PPK

"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

HtHNightwolf

Thanks mate, that looks promising. From all my 800 Google searches, why did I not find -m?  :boxed:

HtHNightwolf

Nope, I completed the basic setup.
It asked for the hub name, I modified it but a client still reads "Enter - hub name here" in the window top.

PPK

Then you provide to PtokaX wrong settings directory. Or PtokaX don't have permission to read or write to settings directory ...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

HtHNightwolf

Thanks, I had this idea myself but the PC is in the car right now.
I will check it tomorrow if the settings file has rights to be edited.

Where can I set PtokaX the settings directory? I thought it uses the settings file in it's own cfg subfolder

PPK

PtokaX use his root directory when is run as console application. When is run as daemon the use /home/current_user/.PtokaX directory.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk