Bot that hides op?s and masters share

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Bot that hides op?s and masters share

Started by VAZ, 03 September, 2005, 16:00:30

Previous topic - Next topic

VAZ

I need a Bot that hides the share when op?s and masters share so that a normal user cant see it, i use PtokaX 0.3.3.1

thanks in advance.

Northwind

BTW it's recommend to use search before ask. Second there are no script what do that what you request. None of this board coder will do that. Use search to get more info about this.

BIG question is WHY to HIDE ?

DC = Direct Connect (Share and get stuff)

Even share is hided users can use search button to download from ops and masters. Dont share if you wanna "hide"....

VAZ

hi

(Northwind wrote: BTW it's recommend to use search before ask. ")

Yeah i should have searched...

(Northwind wrote:Second there are no script what do that what you request. None of this board coder will do that. Use search to get more info about this.)

ok then i wont ask for it here, at least not again..

(Northwind wrote:
BIG question is WHY to HIDE ? ")

thats not a big question because there can be many many reasons for ops and masters wanting to hide their share from a normal user...example laws! im not going to put all the reasons here but mayby u see my point....

Ps:

(Northwind wrote:
DC = Direct Connect (Share and get stuff)")

thanks i was always wondering what that dc meant .

Spoonlord312

Actually, I agree. This could be a useful script. I tried writing one myself quite some time ago but failed. I attend university and the Information Techs like to get on the hub and accuse people of copyright infringments...even if they can't access the shares they have even (on one occasion) bribed students who were members of the hub into getting screenshots of shares. They also like to send us e-mails saying that they know what we're up to and stuff. So I think that if we could hide how large our shares are (and use the upload blocking script that i have) then we wouldn't be thought of as so suspicious...
Maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Spoonlord312

yeah ... i am relatively new to this whole thing so i wouldnt have thought about resources and stuff. the client side thing interests me. my hub only has two Ops so maybe we could switch to using dcdm++

interesting...

bastya_elvtars

seems it's the same old story again. There is something going on at my place regarding this. It is strongly disrecommended to share on the same machine the hub is running on. But you still can log in with a no-share client, since the admin privileges make it possible. It's not a problem if operators share, if they are on other hubs, they will still get busted, if not, the client with 0 share is also an option. Serverside share-hiding is and will never be accepted by me. But this is only my personal opinion.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk