Conversion of some great scripts for API

Conversion of some great scripts for API

Started by Yahoo, 21 December, 2007, 05:33:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Yahoo

i will like to have conversion of some great scripts created by great scripters of this forum

1)RegToggle by mutor
2)Message Board by mutor
3)Tophubbers by jiten
4)Game Server by bastya_elvtars
5)Mute Warn by mutor
5)Net Log by mutor
6)GetPassword by mutor
7)Poll Bot by TTB
8)Op Security
9)Member Count by madman
10)socks5
11)PostMan by bastya_elvtars

Sorry for asking for such a long list but these are my requirements

Thanks in Advance
"BoRN FIGhTEr"

achiever

i would second that request from Yahoo, as even i use the script number 2. 3. 4. 9. 10. from the above list.

if there is a script converter from old api to new 1 which we could use to convert would help more.

thanks
thks,
achiever.

CrazyGuy

Quote from: Yahoo on 21 December, 2007, 05:33:38
i will like to have conversion of some great scripts created by great scripters of this forum

1)RegToggle by mutor
2)Message Board by mutor
3)Tophubbers by jiten
4)Game Server by bastya_elvtars
5)Mute Warn by mutor
5)Net Log by mutor
6)GetPassword by mutor
7)Poll Bot by TTB
8)Op Security
9)Member Count by madman
10)socks5
11)PostMan by bastya_elvtars

Sorry for asking for such a long list but these are my requirements

Thanks in Advance

Your requirements ??
I'm not sure if you are aware of the fact that we are humans as well, but with the holidays coming up, I don't think you can "require" us to do anything.
Why not try converting some yourself ? PtokaX has a Docs folder with the new API documentation in it, and, if you still have a 'current' version, there's a document called Scripting-Interface.txt which holds the old API.

I'd really like to see more people trying to learn themselves how to script in LUA rather than asking someone else to do the work for you.
If I can learn it, so can you. It's not that hard, it just takes time.

I have never had a problem with looking into a specific request or error, but this is just laziness.

@ Achiever : such a converter exists and can be found on this board, but personally i do not recommend it because it will not always convert everything optimally.

ExtreeM

QuoteI'd really like to see more people trying to learn themselves how to script in LUA rather than asking someone else to do the work for you.
If I can learn it, so can you. It's not that hard, it just takes time.

hmm i would really really like to learn this myself, but i just have so little time so if i would learn it, it would take 1 year just to make a simple script, i maybe have 1 hour at my pc (tops) each day, and i dont just mess with scripts, but unlucky for me there isnt an easy way to learn the script making :(

CrazyGuy

Well, there are ways but yes time is required, as with learning anything basically  ;)
This board has some tutorials available on writing scripts although most are outdated.
PtokaX itself has documentation about its side of the story and the complete LUA syntax can be found on http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/

I have written a few (now outdated) manuals as well, but I can send em over to you if you want anyways.

Time and interrest is all you need  8)

Speaking of time..a list like pasted up there by Yahoo of 11 scripts being converted will for me take over a full days work in time as well

bastya_elvtars

Could you please request the conversion on my board too? I am not gonna forget it then. :)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Yahoo

bastya_elvtars can u please tell on which board u want the request
"BoRN FIGhTEr"

bastya_elvtars

Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

ExtreeM

Yahoo

Thank u (All) scripters for changing most of the scripts to new API
"BoRN FIGhTEr"

Yahoo

Mutor can u please convert RegLog, MuteWarn, UserDB scripts for new API
"BoRN FIGhTEr"

Yahoo

i will like to have Area script by Hungarista for new API

Thanks
"BoRN FIGhTEr"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk