BulletinBoard/Blackboard wanted

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

BulletinBoard/Blackboard wanted

Started by BluePanther, 15 November, 2006, 02:19:47

Previous topic - Next topic

BluePanther

Hi,

I'm using Ptokax 3.5.2 and like to have a tool for leaving offline messanges from user to user (not regged). The Bulletin Board works, but threads are to complicate to handle with. The right click menu doesn't work well, if a thread has no posts, you can't add there a post. New threads and posts are only shown after script reset or reconnecting.
I had like something like a bot I send a PM to and any user can read this in his PM windows by using a command. I was searching already, but couldn`t find any for LUA5.1 Can anybody help plz?

THX

Dessamator

Well, bulletin board should address your needs, it might just require a few mods.
Ignorance is Bliss.

BluePanther

Hi,

I have no idea in LUA. Tried to add the helpcmd in BulletinBoard, but all I got were syntax errors.
The BB is ok, but the right click menu isn't up to date. There have a refresh to be done after adding a thread or post.
Using the commands and not right click may be complicated to the users, thats why I want to just to throw out the threads, so I get an easier command like '!post "Here is the text"' and '!news' to show. Rename the command isn't the problem, but kicking out the rest and modify to no threads.
The best would be a bot, called after a thread users can send PMs to and all users (offline too) could read this PMs.
Maybe there is already somethink like that, but I could find.

THX for your help.
BP

Herodes

Quote from: BluePanther on 15 November, 2006, 16:13:07
Hi,

I have no idea in LUA. Tried to add the helpcmd in BulletinBoard, but all I got were syntax errors.
The BB is ok, but the right click menu isn't up to date. There have a refresh to be done after adding a thread or post.
Using the commands and not right click may be complicated to the users, thats why I want to just to throw out the threads, so I get an easier command like '!post "Here is the text"' and '!news' to show. Rename the command isn't the problem, but kicking out the rest and modify to no threads.
The best would be a bot, called after a thread users can send PMs to and all users (offline too) could read this PMs.
Maybe there is already somethink like that, but I could find.

THX for your help.
BP
I think that the CodeBoard script will suit your needs...
Here is what it does... you pm the bot with the text and then it immediately sends to all the users (depending on how they have chosen to receive notifications[pm or main]). Each days logs are saved in a dir and you can always list and view the those logs with appropriate commands.

I am not sure if there is a 5.1 version though have a search around the forum, if it sounds interesting..

BluePanther

Hi,

I found CodeBoard for LUA5 (fixed Version by Herodes). Put it on PKX 3.5.1 LUA5.02. If I send a private message to CodeBoard I get a message: code has been sent, so it should work. But didn't find some cmds. +cb didn`t work. No files are stored if I stop the hub. From the lua file I can't get any hints.

Can anyone plz help me ones more?

Herodes

Quote from: BluePanther on 16 November, 2006, 02:06:49
Hi,

I found CodeBoard for LUA5 (fixed Version by Herodes). Put it on PKX 3.5.1 LUA5.02. If I send a private message to CodeBoard I get a message: code has been sent, so it should work. But didn't find some cmds. +cb didn`t work. No files are stored if I stop the hub. From the lua file I can't get any hints.

Can anyone plz help me ones more?
use
+cbh for help
+cbp for posting from main,
+cbl to list the logs,...
+cbr <log> to read the log,...
I am missing on or two.. +cbh will tell you the rest...

BluePanther

Oh, thanx!
Only read +cb for command, didn't see cbcmd+cmd...

I simplyfied the script to fit my user. ;-)  It runs with LUA5.1, except the help cmd. I get an error 'attempt to call a table value'. Here is the function. I could do it in plain text, but what's the problem for LUA5.1?
First time doing things in LUA, so please excuse my newbie questions.

-BP-

--- Help text ..
function CBHelp(user, how)
	local msg, tC = "\r\n\t These commands are available for the "..Bot.."\r\n"..string.rep("- ", 50).."\r\n",
	  { ["r"] = "read the ClipBoard log",
		["p"] = "post in ClipBoard",
		["n"] = "ClipBoard messages in pm/main/off",	
		["h"] = "this text",}
	for cmd, explain in tC do
		msg = msg.."\t\t+"..cbcmd..cmd.."\t"..explain.."\r\n"
	end
	SendBack(msg, user, how)
end

Dessamator

Change this :
for cmd, explain in tC do

to this:

for cmd, explain in pairs(tC) do
Ignorance is Bliss.

BluePanther

Hi,

thanks a lot!
Now it's so small it runs on LUA 5 and 5.1 maybe on my TI-89 too... ;-)
For further discussion I put it in the finished scripts section (http://forum.ptokax.org/index.php?topic=6567.0)

-BP-

Dessamator

Ignorance is Bliss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk