IWasAfraidThisWudHappen :(

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

IWasAfraidThisWudHappen :(

Started by pHaTTy, 19 November, 2003, 06:51:46

Previous topic - Next topic

pHaTTy

Seems to me the forum is starting to die down, i hvae seen less requests in the last month then in th first day  8(

its not good, i think maybe we shud use this post as a place to come and chat about absolutly anything, as long as you stay at the forum, help pick this forum up agen, respect the forum, please dont use it and wipe your feet on it, i asking you all to help keep this forum much alive

are you with me or without....................

-phatz
Resistance is futile!

AlwaysConnected

I think if we had use the old forum and the old place PtokaX was still the number 1 on dchub.

damn i hate this  :rolleyes:

Come on PPL let PtokaX life  :D

pHaTTy

Common everybody lighten up :o)
Resistance is futile!

AlwaysConnected

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
Common everybody lighten up :o)

after dieing of my pc :( Ptokax must not die  :D

pHaTTy

ye i mean look at the views, and ppl just either cant be arsed to reply, or they dont care about ptokax, but be one of those :P

heheh look AC seems we are only ones that care ghehehehe j/k

have to give peeps a chance i suppose, but the peeps thathave viewed this post, i think you could at least reply with ur thoughts

-phatz
Resistance is futile!

NightLitch

Light this place up again... PPL...

I was so happy when realizing that a new forum was up...

So come on don't let the forum DIE again...

Humble request by / NL
//NL

pHaTTy

yep common, i nearly left DC and lua forever in last forum when i though no lua forum, but then they got this new one, and it made me happy i got my network back together, and now i dont want it to happen, now common ppl, it only takes a few clicks and types to reply :)

nice one Ni-L :)
Resistance is futile!

BlazeXxX

Yup True..

Its been like a wonderful place with everyone's help.. I would suggest, the forum would pick up as soon as the new version of Ptokax is released..

There are people using other hub softs, just cuz they lost patience with the Forum downs , Damn Bugs on earlier versions.. The forum is mainly for Ptokax and its scripts.. So lets get the New version in soon.. And make the forum light up again :)

synapz

For me, this forum was a good place to get new versions of my fav script and a good place to download and compare scripts from. Also, I came to read news about PtokaX itself.

Now, since both the dev of my fav hub software and my fav script (robocop) are not developing in public (no new versions to download, try and discuss) , the forum is much less appealing to me, even if the people on the people on the forum are nice and helpfull.

Another reason might be that the old forum had many more users?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hub owner @ DC ++ Network (since Jan 2000)
Hub address: synapz.mine.nu

Optimus

Well i hope you stay offcourse Ptokax & Robocop can allway's use some friends...

RC is still coming out... Other i made the new version for nothing

And Skrollster is working on a good 1 to, i think he also want's to release his new bot.

Guibs Also working his ass off... Hopefully it's just a matter off time...

by m8's

pHaTTy

yep and i will also have a new release when the the ptokax it released, so far it getting great :)
Resistance is futile!

plop

only time whill tell.
have 2 agree that there are/were some treaths wich i found kinda disturbing.
not gone call any names about this or say wich, i seemed 2 have killed 1 of them by a remark.
and yes prob a lot has 2 do with the lower amount of users, this will only go up.
for me personaly i really mis rabitwombat.
but soon i'll release my a.i. bot, so something new whill appear 2 try out.
freshmeat 2 talk about.  lol

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

pHaTTy

lol yep i sure hope so, not wanting the same to happen here as last...........
Resistance is futile!

NightLitch

This is so touching... :-D heh...

I really hope all you ppl out there read this thread...

You can't expect this forum to grow if you don't do something to it yourself...

I have learn a great amount of LUA and there is
always more to learn...

It's fun helping those that can't so much...

Think this through, do you all want this forum as the last
to Disapear??

/NL
//NL

Optimus

yhea was asking my self to (were is rabit??)

I have seen rabit for the last time at -=( PtokaX Download central )=-

And i know that he knows this adress i told him that, and also that were all here.

I can't understand why he did not come... he even didn't sign up inhere(i think, cause i looked it up a few weeks ago, hum hum)

I'm wondering why he left, and what he is doing at the moment. it's abit strange

We miss you Rabit ;)

NightLitch

Well, as I can remember, RabidWombat wrote that
he had leaved ptokax and started to use Y-Hub, becouse
of he's network founder(owner) found it more stable and
less bugs... heh.. but the last we now it aint less buggy... :-D

Think he's of programming script's for Y-hub if I rememberd
his lines correctly...

/NL
//NL

Optimus

Hiya NightLitch you have a link to that feedback for me?

NightLitch

hardly... don't think so... The Old thread's did get deleted and not put into archive...

/NL
//NL

Optimus

okk IC hoped you readed it some where else. *lol*

NightLitch

As a mater of fact I did... (memory came back) :-p

There was this discussion if this or some other LUA site
was the new (official site) and I think it was in the other
Rabid wrote... if not... then I snapped up the old message
from the Old Lua Forum...

Cause I remember:d he wrote it...

/NL
//NL

[ES]latinmusic

Ok, just a comment here, this forum is about lua script and ptokax related stuff, so calm down, the problem is exactly the following:
Who need lua script stuff or learn how to make an script?. No one except people who are still using ptokax,  day by day less people are using it.
People who connect into this board are three kind of people mainly:
1.- people using ptokax
2.- people not using ptokax but waiting about next release to see what new features and options will be included, and how many resources will be in use.
3.- Possible potencial users for next version of ptokax to find out some news.
News are not too many now except ptacek is coding again, and some sporadic pictures or comments about what is new.
New options are only a few.
Pictures posted have the same look as the old ptokax, think what you want, but the look does not give any advanced of a lot of work behind.
For all this reason people remain very exceptic about ptokax, i'm talking about users who connect here mainly fo read and not about normal posters.
Finally, this board will start moving after the new release will be out, but does not expect a movement like before in the old board except ptokax new version includes substancial and many changes on it. Ptokax was the best server out here, now is a good alternative for people who wanna use it, after the release Ptokax will still be an even better alternative that now or will be the king again, all depends about what new stuff will be included, for the moment not too many.
That is what i thougth, and yes, i'm still using ptokax and probably i continue using it, we'll see what happend.

Optimus

well i know i give my self for 200%, can't do more then that. the rest is for others to do

BlazeXxX

Hia all,

Optimus: I remember too that RabidWombat was saying, he is using YHub cuz he likes to try out new things.. But I don't think he left.. He said he is working on gloritaz..

These are my opinions to get us back on track again:

+ Get the New Version of Ptokax in ASAP
+ Fresh start on scripts with functions that cannot be implemented on other hub softs..
+ Try and figure out a way to reduce the memory usuage of the Ptokax ? I Mean, While Yhub doesn't have much of scripting interface or any other extra features like ptokax. Why not have a LITE VERSION of PTOKAX ?  For people like me, I am still on IceCube version IV Build 1 , cuz I feel its more stable and has less memory , CPU usuage... Why not release a LITE Version of the people who likes less memory usuage ?

Which will not have a:
- Webserver
- Script Editor Section that might take away the memory
- Remove Any Unuseful features for an intermediate user?
- Less in size,Memory usuage, CPU usage?

Maybe have new features that is added to it ?

Such as :

- Built in IP Range Ban ?
- Built in Anti Advertiser / censorbot ?
- Built in Client blocker? For like reading DC Tags? so no need for external scripts?

The Hub owners are wanting something new!! Including my self! There is not much big changes on ptokax releases... So I would expect something really fresh , with very stable and using less resources..

PS: I didn't say YHhub is bug free :) Everything has bugs..

Byeez,
BlazeX

lazyj189

I'm here, I aint going anywhere.
DivX Dominion Hub Owner
3 years running
DivX Dominion Hub

Roy

I'm here too, awaiting the new Ptokax and the new RoboCop, and i also try to post some junk now & then  :D

At the moment not running Ptokax but have a little green guy icon on my taskbar.

The green guy's performance is very good, but he will be unemployed when the new Ptokax is relased  ;)

Roy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk