Nasty iosdt.exe

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Nasty iosdt.exe

Started by enema, 11 December, 2004, 09:36:04

Previous topic - Next topic

enema

Hi!

Could anyone give me advice how to remove trojan iosdt from my PC? I tried safe mode, command promt and antiviruses but nothing helps... thing is that when I write directorys address in explorer (like this - C:\windows\system32\iosdt) he shows me some dat files but there is no iosdt.exe in it... when i press up one folder button, it doesn even show me iosdt dir., so its imposible to delete it :(

when I use command promt (del C:\windows\system32\iosdt) it shows me, that dir doesnt exist

blackwings

are you sure that there is no wierd signs in the folder's name that you are trying to remove, like a dollar sign ($) ?

If it's really a virus or a trojan, it might have made so that your system to believes that the folder is a system folder or that files in that folder are system files.

If no other people know how to solve this, worse case scenerio is that you somehow have to safely transfer all important data and make a backup, then format the system and install it again.

EDIT: do have have a anti-virus made by one of the leading companies and is it really the latest update on the virus definition(I know you said you have tested with a anti-virus program, just want to ask you anyway)? Do you also use anti spyware program like ad-aware or Spybot S&D? If you don't, I recommend you to check it out.

enema

Thing is, that I cant even see that folder (although i have my hiden files set to visible) so I cant chek, if it has $ or not... I only can see this iosdt.exe trough Windows task manager's procces viewer and see its exact location using norton procces viewer

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by enema
Thing is, that I cant even see that folder (although i have my hiden files set to visible) so I cant chek, if it has $ or not... I only can see this iosdt.exe trough Windows task manager's procces viewer and see its exact location using norton procces viewer
well, there are 2 options for seeing hidden files, 1 for normal/generall files and another one for System files. Are you sure that you have made so that you can se all system files to?

enema

hey, youre right! Fixed it now! Thank you!

n1ck

also you may not be able to delete it if it is running as a process, check you processes and see if its running!
dcuk.direct-connect.co.uk

**compiled bots are like what microsoft is to open source!**

blackwings

hey, youre right! Fixed it now! Thank you!
n1ck, he seems to have fixed it ;)

and enema, np, I'm glad I could help you :)

enema

do you really think I would let somekind of freakin viruss to run on my PC??? Never! Its deleted already!

blackwings

do you really think I would let somekind of freakin viruss to run on my PC??? Never! Its deleted already!
just to be sure, check your computer tomorrow to, sometimes viruses has a nasty habit of coming back >_<

enema

enema

Its gone for two days now... thank you guys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk