Unreg on 3x bad password

Unreg on 3x bad password

Started by Mikey, 21 February, 2009, 17:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

I have my hub set to tempban for 1 hour on a 3x bad password. DiXBoT has this setting that if a user gets permbanned it will delete there account which is kinda nice. So I thought if a user is having password issues and gets tempbanned then most likely there account will need deleted anyhow or at least the password changed. So I was wondering if someone can build a script that when a user is either perm or temp banned for 3x bad password it deletes there account automatically so after they serve the tempban they can reregister.
Mikey

**Friends Unlimited Network**
    Network Founder

Mikey

Any takers on this. I attempted it and been out of doing LUA for so long I failed. First and foremost is it even possible. If it is can someone take a whack at it for me. Thanks in advance.
Mikey

Network Founder

Mikey

The question is that I guess I need to test is does dixbot recognize the 3x bad password ban to actually delete the account. IF that works then yeah it will work.
Mikey

Network Founder

Mikey

Well I tested that theory. DiXBoT does not see that ban and does not unreg the user. The user does not get removed not to mention now they are permenantley banned. The object of the script is to let the tempban ride and then they reconnect and attempt to reg again. Doing it your way leaves them perm banned.
Mikey

Network Founder

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk