PtokaX 0.4.1.2a a lot of connection closed in 24 hours ...

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX 0.4.1.2a a lot of connection closed in 24 hours ...

Started by Massi, 11 May, 2010, 10:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Massi

Hi,

My name is Massimiliano,
I am a member of Italian nationality, and I apologize for my English not perfect ...

Topic : I've in PtokaX 0.4.1.2a a lot of connection closed in 24 hours ... 1500 connection and 1200 closed in 24 hours...

I have a problem with PtokaX 0.4.1.2a ...
Reboot every day but I have so many connections and reconnections closed in the evening hours ... Is this normal?
To give some data ... I say with in 24 hours reconnections in about 1500 closed about 1300 ...

NB. If hubsoft is restarted every 24 or 48 max ... becomes very heavy and slow ...

NB. I think it's a bug or a problem dell'hubsoft ... with older versions ... these problems were not there ...

NB. Compliment for the Forum and for hubsoft to PPk also to Mutor for assistance to scripts and site download script
      http://mutor.no-ip.com:6803/

Greetings ...

Maximilian
¤ .:::[DC++ Community].:::.[Hobby, support, fun and passion]:::. ¤

Dreams

doesnt have to be ptokax, can be many other things, like your isp or if you have a router, that could be the bully in this case.
Router can process alot, but if you have 1500user connecting, it could be a router if you have one. :)

Massi

Hello ... Dreams
You think the problem is the router?
I answer you right away ...
I tried three different routers and the problem still exists ...
- Router alice gate2
- Router robotics usr
- Router Cisco System
The problem is similar with all three types of routers ...
The hubsoft without script ...
Same thing in other words ...

Greetings ...

Maximilian.

PPK

My hub have ~500 closed connections per day. It is small testing hub with less than 40 online users ::) One stupid user who have opened hub window to hub who is disconnecting him for some rule (min share etc.) and his client is reconnecting every two minutes (default in dc++) is able to create 720 disconnect per day :-X
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Massi

Hi PPK ...
It is what you say is right and proper ... if so the accounts come back ... although I remain doubtful ... for the simple fact that it seems to me that these multi reconnections going to affect the stability and durability without restart dell'hubsoft same ... I hope to be very clear ...

Greetings ... Maximilian.

Dreams

Every router has a MAX users, and it shoul be around 250-500users, then it often starts droppin users.. therefor many people build there own router with a computer... :) then the so called router(computer) should be able to take on about 5000+ users, i know people that have done this. so if you have a large hub with over 500users, start looking at the router, would be usefull for you to build your own router then, cause my hub aint droppin anyone, and i to am running 0.4.1.2... but its a small hub.

Google and look up max users on a router :) and se for yourself.

Massi

Ola... Dreams... thank you you were very clear and nice;)

Thank you all for your interest and advice ... We'll let you know if I can improve or resolve the situation ...

Best regards

Massimiliano.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk